Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing = expensive tickets

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk about weight reduction, when i go to the track i take off my wheels and roll on rotors! Those 18' suckers weigh like 50lbs a piece!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Wow. I never realized how many mindless idiots are. I never said anything about "them" letting us race 150 mph down the expressway, running over babies and elderly people while sipping Bacardi on our birthday. I'd venture to say the "safe" street racers race when there are not that many people on the expressway/highway/whatever. It IS possible for something unexpected to occur during that time and it IS possible for something unexpected to occur when I'm going the speed limit. Duh. Of course, driving over the speed limit gives you less of a buffer in the perception-reaction time in which to act accordingly.
What the **** do you think would happen if they minimized the penalties for racing. With idiots like you out there, all of the **** you just mentioned would happen on a daily
Old 07-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sk8runeg
Talk about weight reduction, when i go to the track i take off my wheels and roll on rotors! Those 18' suckers weigh like 50lbs a piece!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

And those rotors really grip well I might add
Old 07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** that I'm taking my body off the frame. My weight reduction idea FTW!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

And those rotors really grip well I might add
I bet it makes for an awesome show in the burnout box too.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

Nah I dont even need to heat them up, they grip so well i swear the car nearly flips over backwards
Old 07-13-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

well ****, i guess when i get home im gonna take my wheels off to see how these bad boys hook up on the street.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Do the tracks still require long shank lugs?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pakisho
If they catch you racing in CA they usually arrest you, beat you, lock you up, throw away the key, display you in a zoo twice a year, dismantle your car and sell the parts on ebay, go to your house, drink all your beer and shoot your dog.
Same thing here man, DAMN!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

From someone in the law enforcement community:

1.Own up to what you did and stop acting like a pansy.

2. A lawyer will help in most cases, but getting one doesn't mean that you're off the hook. The prosecutor has to agree with what your lawyer is offering.

3. A typo on a ticket is not going to get it tossed, neither will a tree that might be partially blocking a speed limit sign, taking into consideration how fast you were going.

4. Good luck, the day you see the judge dress nicely, be respectful, own up to what you did and tell him how sorry you are.

5.Judges like people to kiss their ***, and it works most of the time.

6.You got a break, take it and get on with your life. If you start pulling bullshit out of your *** and making excuses as to how this whole thing is not really all your fault, the judge is going to bend you over and take his time.

Last edited by rubber duck; 07-13-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rubber duck
From someone in the law enforcement community:

1.Own up to what you did and stop acting like a pansy.

2. A lawyer will help in most cases, but getting one doesn't mean that you're off the hook. The prosecutor has to agree with what your lawyer is offering.

3. A typo on a ticket is not going to get it tossed, neither will a tree that might be partially blocking a speed limit sign, taking into consideration how fast you were going.

4. Good luck, the day you see the judge dress nicely, be respectful, own up to what you did and tell him how sorry you are.

5.Judges like people to kiss their ***, and it works most of the time.

6.You got a break, take it and get on with your life. If you start pulling bullshit out of your *** and making excuses as to how this whole thing is not really all your fault, the judge is going to bend you over and take his time.
Well said. If we break the law knowingly, it only makes sense to own up to it in the event that we're caught. You pay to play.

As for Shackle's suggestion to lax the street racing laws... I think that it's important to keep them the way that they are. Can you imagine ricers lighting up our streets like that preview on F&F Tokyo Drift? Laws like those are in place to keep us safe by discouraging street racing, something even I'm guilty of. It may not stop some of us, but it sure keeps its occurance down quite a bit.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well long story short... I had just "fixed" my car, or so I thought, and i was going for a spin a i see a 96-98 cobra iwth at least exhaust. We pull onto a 2 lane road and he goes before I get next to him, so i go and blow by him, prolly put 3 cars on him, and my car was not running right.

Well we fly by a cop, i got tagged at 86 in a 40 cop was nice about it didnt arrest us only gave us speeding tickets. Thats $460 so I thnk i'll be cooling it for a bit...

One good thing though, he wrote we were travelling north, but we were going south and I think if one thing is wrong on a ticket it voids the whole thing. Also, there is a huge tree covering the speed limit sign so maybe i can be like "I didnt know what the speed limit was? Just figured it was 90?..." lol...

Meh I hate mustangs...

Yeah similiar thing happened to me last december. Was testing out my bro's procharged z28 and first car i found was a mustang. Beat him real bad but a cop was sittin in a lot and saw the whole thing. was doin 110 in a 40. cop went easy on me with 3 small tickets. Called lawyer the next day and 500 dollars later ticket free.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Well we fly by a cop, i got tagged at 86 in a 40 cop was nice about it didnt arrest us only gave us speeding tickets. Thats $460 so I thnk i'll be cooling it for a bit...
LOL you call that an expensive ticket!?!?!?
you got off easy bro, tickets almost costed me my ride, and i got off easy by beating the operating to endanger charge, had to dish out for a lawyer tho.. now i have over a grand tagged onto my insurance bill every year cause of my points
Old 07-14-2006, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Meh, I got a $500 for goosing it to *and I quote* a-freaking-hunnerd-miles-an-freaking-hour*unquote* in a 70 posted zone cause some shmiel was ghosting me in some mini van, (damn state patrol saw it all, hell he told me so...but I have a hood scoop and shiny paint so I get the ticket) He called it Negligent, 2nd Degree. You got popped at over TWICE the posted limit, where I come from that's an instant free ride in the cute squad car downtown and the fun of fingerpaint and a new picture to show your good side....Take a breath and be HAAPPPPY its a mere ticket, say a Rosary, or a Psalm or praise Allah, whatever crisps your pickle and know you got off easy. Seriously.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

If they catch you racing in CA they usually arrest you, beat you, lock you up, throw away the key, display you in a zoo twice a year, dismantle your car and sell the parts on ebay, go to your house, drink all your beer and shoot your dog.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think my mustang would hook good on the rotors? My 60' was 2.15 and im wondering if running on the rotors would improve it toa 1.8 or so. Or are TA rotors made of a stickier compound than foxbody rotors, I know they are newer designe
Old 07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Street racing laws are there for a reason but some cops take it to far. I just got a ticket for "improper start" after I put on the new exhaust. I gunned it from 15 mph to about 45 and let off. There was no cars around except for my wife in the left hand turning lane. The cop first tried to get me for "street racing" . When I said ,"what was I racing ", he said," I saw you pass that car." I told him that it was my wife in the left hand turning lane and that her car was a 4 cylinder chevy malibu. He then changed directions and tried to get me for speeding - he could'nt. So I ended up with an improper start ticket even though this was not the case. I think he realized how stupid it was but he was looking for an excuse to ticket me. He even told me he knew where I lived and had been watching my car! I guess my point is that street racing laws are there for a reason but the cop can make all the difference in the world as to what kind of ticket they will give you. Some cops like the one I encountered are going to give you a ticket even if you are not speeding or racing. If you are speeding are racing it makes it alot easier!
Old 07-15-2006, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Do you think my mustang would hook good on the rotors? My 60' was 2.15 and im wondering if running on the rotors would improve it toa 1.8 or so. Or are TA rotors made of a stickier compound than foxbody rotors, I know they are newer designe
Its more of them digging into the ground than being sticky... But the track officials get kinda angry when I leave two deep gouges all the way down the track lol, but I get my best times hehe
Old 07-15-2006, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

Or just give you a ticket and impound the car

Im running next time.