Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricer gets owned by karma at the dragstrip!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVan8504
Was he running the different front/rear wheels when he raced? Sounds like a real winner there.

Yup, thats classic ricer there. They put "slicks" i.e 20 dollar steel wheels with cheap a$$ tires on the front for better traction yo!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Teching In

It looks like he threw on the stock wheels/tires AND the tire pressure is low lol. He's lucky he didn't die.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Launching!

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by DVan8504
Was he running the different front/rear wheels when he raced? Sounds like a real winner there.
Yeah, like you saw in the pics, he was running stock tires on steel wheels on the front. I can't believe how little pressure he was running too...they're almost flat. I think he was trying to give the impression that he was running "special" tires (i.e. slicks) on the front by running stock steelies. I'm willing to bet that those steel wheels on the front are heavier than those black rims on the rear...I could be wrong though.

He kept letting air out after each run. I heard him mumbling to his "crew" about how he needed to let more air out so he could cut a 60' under 2.0 Stupid kid...that ain't happening on a FWD unless you're running slicks.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reocamaro
That didn't happen to happen at PRP did it? Imports think they rule that track. When I went there w/ my lousy 12.8/118 I was the third fastest car there. Granted an 11.xx sec rx7 was the fastest. There were so many 15/16/17 second imports there, my grandmother who came to watch me was like "I'm pretty sure my buick is faster than some of these cars out here." I just laughed. But she's probably right.
HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

One of my first trips to the track, my buddies actually conned me into running my 91 Regal. It was stock with the almighty "3800 Tune Port Injected" V6, to quote the fender badge. It ran 10.xx in the 1/8 mile, and was faster than an Accord, 2 Civics, a Celica, an Eclipse, a Dodge Stealth, and a Cavalier.