Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99' WS6(cammed) vs. 0X' SVT Lightning(Pulley, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006 | 02:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Thumbs up 99' WS6(cammed) vs. 0X' SVT Lightning(Pulley, etc.)

I was driving to my girlfriends house last night and was on the highway doing around 65mph and outta no where I see these bluesh headlights kinda like XENON or HID..anyways I kept looking and all the sudden I see the badge "Lightning" . I took a longer stare at the inside and noticed his Indiglo boost gauges and he also had Black powder coated wheels and his car was silver(very pretty car/truck/whatever) So outta the 5 lanes that were open to drive in he picks the one right next to me. Off the bat I knew these guy was gonna try something so I kept driving and all the sudden he starts "goose necking" his car at me. So I ignore it cause I was rather tired to race or anything, and now Im going around maybe 70 mph. So I waited for some traffic to clear just in case I was going to decide to race.He kept"goosing" his car so I was like "Ehh, **** it!" I reved up slapped it in to third and off we go I was about two-three car lengths on him and shut it down after fourth. Then I was coming upon my exit and then he exits along with me so I immediately said to myself "oh, here we go again!".
WE exited and I told him to roll down his window and we exchanged compliments and such then we end up next to each other again. The light turned green and I was and first gear and knew we were gonna go right at it again. So immediately I knew that he might have the advantage from a roll in that gear. I kept it at around 3000RPMs and Once we were even I got it to 3500K and off we went again(My car is a beast from a 3500K roll in first gear with my Torquer V2 ) Now Im atleast 3-4 cars on him and then shut it down(by putting my hazards on ). We then rolled together and asked what eachother had and he told me he had pulley, exhaust, yada yada. And then I told him to take it easy and be safe. That lightning was probably the nicest ligntnings I have EVER seen in person. Anyways it was fun and was my first kill since I cammed it and put some stock LS6 heads, and Spec 3.

Thanks!

Travis
Old 07-25-2006 | 05:17 AM
TECH Junkie

how is that cam treating you? i got a torquer 2 sitting in the back of my car right now...installing it on sunday! im pretty pumped. have you tuned it? and if not hows it running? and get some vids!!!
Old 07-25-2006 | 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
. So I waited for some traffic to clear just in case I was going to decide to race.
Old 07-25-2006 | 11:15 AM
On The Tree

good race, I sold my procharged 99 camaro and got a gen 2 lightning with a kenne bell blah blah etc.and its one fun truck.there better from a dig than a role.my truck put down 500 rwhp but it weights 4750.its good for low 12s high 11s .
Old 07-25-2006 | 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
how is that cam treating you? i got a torquer 2 sitting in the back of my car right now...installing it on sunday! im pretty pumped. have you tuned it? and if not hows it running? and get some vids!!!
The cam is pretty tame, I like it. I made 393 rwhp SAE tuning and 402 rwhp STD tuning to the wheels.
Old 07-25-2006 | 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by boosted99camaro
good race, I sold my procharged 99 camaro and got a gen 2 lightning with a kenne bell blah blah etc.and its one fun truck.there better from a dig than a role.my truck put down 500 rwhp but it weights 4750.its good for low 12s high 11s .
4750 is pretty light for a truck