Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Bike Race (video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep still on a 10 bolt until I save enough for the 12 then comes the spray That was the first bike I've raced so far but I hope to surprise a few.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
If it was a very old 600, I could see beating it on a kick, but ANY newer sport bike, 600 and up would absolutely rape a nearly stock C6 at any speed under 150...WITH A DECENT RIDER. I have beat a 2004 CBR1000RR on a 40 kick without my nitrous (my car is only high 10's on motor, so I shouldn't have beat him or even hung with him if he was a good rider), and the same day I lost to a modded 600 from a 25 mph roll (I spun real bad, at 50 or above I would have taken him, but I lost at 25...he hooked and I spun a ton). Most people with cars simply beat the riders, not the bikes. If you ever encounter a stock 636, R6 or other fast 600 with a good light rider, its a LOT like racing a 1000 from a dead stop to about 80 or so. Big bikes are nasty up top, but they are all pretty similar down low...you can only put some much power to the ground on a single tire!

SDB
The one I ran from a dig and up top was a brand new bike. I stopped and talke to the guy. He told me he wasnt that good of a rider, but I still won.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR
The one I ran from a dig and up top was a brand new bike. I stopped and talke to the guy. He told me he wasnt that good of a rider, but I still won.
I'm also a previous bike rider (rode sportbikes for about 6 years up until last year) and agree that any newer 600 would handle a mostly stock C6 no problem. The 600's are in the 10's stock so if you beat one it's obviously the rider. You did win so congratulations. I bet the bike rider felt like a dipshit after that
Old 07-26-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahah thats awesome... u hung pretty close. The new bikes are insane... took a ride on a friends 05 hayabusa the other day. YIKES. you think a 17 yr. old with an ls1 was a mistake. Try a 1300cc croch rocket. Stupid thing hits 170 before i finished pissing myself.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Red99TA
I'm also a previous bike rider (rode sportbikes for about 6 years up until last year) and agree that any newer 600 would handle a mostly stock C6 no problem. The 600's are in the 10's stock so if you beat one it's obviously the rider. You did win so congratulations. I bet the bike rider felt like a dipshit after that
The other thing about the top end ride, is that the bikes pull a lot harder on the bottom than the top end, and they make up the most time on a car on the bottom end in the 1/4 mile. They arent as strong on the top end. The only reason I beat him from a dig, is he couldnt launch it. I had about 2 car lengths on him at about 160, but he was hanging right there. At 70, I drop the car into 3rd and Im in the peak of the powerband, and his is not. The big thing about cars is momentum, and at 70, the momentum is already there. I would love to run some more 600's to see if the result is similar. The other one I ran from about the same speed and pulled almost exactly the same, So Im not sure if the rider would make a difference on the 70 roll. And by no means am I saying i can beat anything, as I have lost PLENTY of races in my time..i dont care if i win or lose, i just enjoy driving really fast