Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350z vs 06 c6, bolt on cobra 100 shot and 04 cobra with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
I'm sorry but that really holds no argument and that's just your opinion. That VQ motor has been voted one of the Top ten motors ever built for over 11 years at this point I believe and thats an actual fact. The keep the same block and keep adding more and more power to it. The VQ motor is also capable of a lot more HP but no company has really been able to crack into the ECU and the electronics of the car. The only one that has come close is APS and Jim Wolf. For staight line racing it's a pretty good car......all around aspect its an amazing car.

Chris's car or MaximumsportZ looks amazing and runs real hard. That guy knows his stuff from what I've read.
Who rated the VQ motor in the top ten best motors built of all time? I doubt that. Hotrod magazine stated the ls1 as the best PUSHROD motor ever designed, period.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

hahah...I love these threads. If you know of any TT350z's around here that want to run a lightly modded LS1, let me know. I still don't have heads or a rear end yet.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ubergeist
There are alot of other engines that respond to modifications alot better and other engines that impress me more as well, such as the S54.

The VQ is blah......the 350z and G35 coupe look good but thats where it stops for me.

Sux was more said in jest, but I really I find them lacking...

Not to mention it seems that everyone that drives a 350z/G35 Coupe, thinks they are hot shiet. 350z's are my favorite car to trounce on, my old SRT-4's favorite food. I have never lost to one yet, though it if takes one some aftermarket boost to beat me so be it. I have less than 300 dollars in power mods, lets see a 350z get to my power to weight ratio with that amount.

Even though I drive a Z I never disrespect another persons car unless they are ignorant jackasses. Z and G owners have gotten a bad rap just like you SRT-4 owners have. Anything can be made fast depending on the money that you spend on it. No one said it was a great motor for building when I said it's been voted one of the best either. That means that consumer advocate had it down as one of the strongest engines out there, even had the cobalt SS on there this past year but no neon motors..... But to each their own, even if your Neon would leave my Z 6 cars back I would rather be noticed 6 cars back in the Z by people.

Last edited by DemitriHKS; 08-06-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jermzz
Who rated the VQ motor in the top ten best motors built of all time? I doubt that. Hotrod magazine stated the ls1 as the best PUSHROD motor ever designed, period.
It was Wards that did it. They do it every year for a long time.

"Taking its unrivaled eleventh consecutive 10 Best Engines trophy is Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s 3.5L DOHC V-6. The only engine to win an award every year since the program's inception, Nissan engineers improve the ever-fabulous "VQ" V-6 with new levels of power and torque for 2005."

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...21/308485.html
Old 08-06-2006, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
A 350z at 9 psi can pull any stock domesitc car there is besides a c6 z06 vette or a ford gt.

Lets look at stock numbers. 300hp 300ftlb of torque(only 25hp short of ls1). This is a mid 13 sec car at 104-105 mph. About the same as a stock ls1(ls1 still a bit faster).

My twin 350z ran a 116 trap at 7 psi of boost with a stock exhaust.

If you want to talk about pathetic, the new gt500 mustang runs slower than my 350z did at 8 psi.

Ive already shown what a twin turbo z can do. Ive walked modded c5 z06, camaros, evo's, srt's, viper(stock) etc...
i call BS on this one, i SERIOUSLY doubt your car on 9PSI can beat any stock domestic besides a ford GT, or C6 Z06, i would be willing to bet serious money a C5 Z06 with somebody who can drive it would kill you, and a 03-04 cobra would kill you, along with a viper, so that is BS.

350Z's i also highly doubt can hit a high 13 pass stock.

i also highly doubt that 01 cobra was spraying

me, and my friend, in my old 99 cobra, shortly after i sold it to him raced a TT 350Z, my old cars mods are CAI, catted X, catback, 4.10's, shifter, TB, UD pullies, alluminum FW, mcleod clutch, basically the 350X got the jump big time, then about 100MPH we passes it HARD, just as he was shifting again.

cory
Old 08-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Launching!

But to each their own, even if your Neon would leave my Z 6 cars back I would rather be noticed 6 cars back in the Z by people.
I heard that alot from all the owners who had slow cars.

BTW: I own a T/A now.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

25psi if you want to run another C5Z06 let me know!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ubergeist
I heard that alot from all the owners who had slow cars.

BTW: I own a T/A now.
Oh, I bet you did. And i'm sure the ladies loved the hotrod of a NEON too
Old 08-07-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

My girlfriend loved driving mine, and all of her friends thought is was cool *** looking car. Of course it was black with black wheels and lowered but still.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redneckbmxer24
i call BS on this one, i SERIOUSLY doubt your car on 9PSI can beat any stock domestic besides a ford GT, or C6 Z06, i would be willing to bet serious money a C5 Z06 with somebody who can drive it would kill you, and a 03-04 cobra would kill you, along with a viper, so that is BS.

350Z's i also highly doubt can hit a high 13 pass stock.

i also highly doubt that 01 cobra was spraying

me, and my friend, in my old 99 cobra, shortly after i sold it to him raced a TT 350Z, my old cars mods are CAI, catted X, catback, 4.10's, shifter, TB, UD pullies, alluminum FW, mcleod clutch, basically the 350X got the jump big time, then about 100MPH we passes it HARD, just as he was shifting again.

cory
I call BS on you to! MY best trap was 119 with my stock cats in place. The average twin turbo 350z with stock boost (6-8psi) will run 112-114 traps all day long. So its not that hard to assume with me at 8-9 psi with exhaust, boost contoller, plenum spacer can pull a c5 Z06. Like I said before, go to Houstonperformancedriving.com I've raced plenty of stock and modded c5 Zo6's and have pulled both. The average stock Z06 driver at the track, does not run 119+ traps, more like 114-115.

And to respond to your cobra statement, I've already proved that I pulled a stock cobra with boltons pretty nicely on top end. They are quick cars, but also extremely heavy.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I call BS on you to! MY best trap was 119 with my stock cats in place. The average twin turbo 350z with stock boost (6-8psi) will run 112-114 traps all day long. So its not that hard to assume with me at 8-9 psi with exhaust, boost contoller, plenum spacer can pull a c5 Z06. Like I said before, go to Houstonperformancedriving.com I've raced plenty of stock and modded c5 Zo6's and have pulled both. The average stock Z06 driver at the track, does not run 119+ traps, more like 114-115.

And to respond to your cobra statement, I've already proved that I pulled a stock cobra with boltons pretty nicely on top end. They are quick cars, but also extremely heavy.
Don't you ever get tired of coming on here and trying to convince everyone of how cool you think 350z's are?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

of course not, I'm just waiting to here from you
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

of course not, I'm just waiting to here from you
You already know what I think.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Launching!

No, I don't need a phallic symbol to get the ladies, but if you needed one, and chose a 350z for compensating for something else, that's your prerogative. But I think you could have done better.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

That cobra we ran that night was just as fast as ours cars and all he had was a pulley, x-pipe, cai and tune. Not to mention the driver was much bigger than both of us. His car had "light" bolt-ons to say the least. I had run him the night before and ran DEAD even with him on at least 10 consecutive runs, this was with both of us riding solo. If he was riding solo I think he could have pulled you up top, because I pulled you up top and was unable to pull him at all the night before.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

You pulled me on top as well as I pulled you. Weight is less sigificant from a roll. I pulled him on top with a passenger in my car. We ran about 3 times and the same result happened every time.

Please explain what happened when I didnt have a passenger in the car! I pulled you and vis versa. But you still need to understand about turbo cars. My egt's where running hot, thats why I was able to pull the first couple of times with the passenger in my car. I think if I had a tune, deleted my cats and had larger injectors so I could run 140-150mph without a problem, we would have seen different results.

The cobra has a pulley upgrade, tune, exhaust, header,etc... Me on the other hand, have NO TUNE, stock injectors, stock cats, and 8psi of boost. Plus you say I make 430, in actuality I make 416rwhp and 464 torque.

The person that was following us in the Jetta knows I had a exhaust manifold leak and only had one bolt connecting my turbo to the exhaust manifold.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think if I had a tune, deleted my cats and had larger injectors so I could run 140-150mph without a problem, we would have seen different results.
And then if he added a few extra things the results would be different again! Whats the point of going down that road? Every ricer could have done this and could have done that had they done a few more mods.

The cobra has a pulley upgrade, tune, exhaust, header,etc... Me on the other hand, have NO TUNE, stock injectors, stock cats, and 8psi of boost. Plus you say I make 430, in actuality I make 416rwhp and 464 torque.

The person that was following us in the Jetta knows I had a exhaust manifold leak and only had one bolt connecting my turbo to the exhaust manifold.
Anything else? Are you sure you didn't have your A/C on? Might want to throw that in there. Also don't forget about your "boost leak". That ones classic. Oh wait, you already used that one.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not making any excuses. The race was back and forth all night, but I was 3-0 against the cobra.

What do you mean anything else. All I needed was a tune and cat delete pipes and the outcome would have been severly different. Let me see you bolt on a turbo kit and go out there and run.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
And then if he added a few extra things the results would be different again! Whats the point of going down that road? Every ricer could have done this and could have done that had they done a few more mods.

Anything else? Are you sure you didn't have your A/C on? Might want to throw that in there. Also don't forget about your "boost leak". That ones classic. Oh wait, you already used that one.
lmao...his hp numbers always change to. So at 6.5 psi, he makes 416 rwhp, but at 9, he makes 462, so at 8 psi, with a boost leak, no tune, small injectors, cats, and the turbo that has only one bolt, he is back at 416..hahaha..man whatever
Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 462rwhp with water/methanol injection at 9psi and 527ft lb.