Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350z vs 06 c6, bolt on cobra 100 shot and 04 cobra with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
Let me see you bolt on a turbo kit and go out there and run.
Actually I bolted on a blower and went out there and ran, but it wasn't some little pos 460rwhp 350z. You would have made a nice little snack for me back when I used to race.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My brain hurts from reading all this crap
Old 08-07-2006, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

You pulled me on top as well as I pulled you. Weight is less sigificant from a roll. I pulled him on top with a passenger in my car. We ran about 3 times and the same result happened every time.

Please explain what happened when I didnt have a passenger in the car! I pulled you and vis versa. But you still need to understand about turbo cars. My egt's where running hot, thats why I was able to pull the first couple of times with the passenger in my car. I think if I had a tune, deleted my cats and had larger injectors so I could run 140-150mph without a problem, we would have seen different results.

The cobra has a pulley upgrade, tune, exhaust, header,etc... Me on the other hand, have NO TUNE, stock injectors, stock cats, and 8psi of boost. Plus you say I make 430, in actuality I make 416rwhp and 464 torque.

The person that was following us in the Jetta knows I had a exhaust manifold leak and only had one bolt connecting my turbo to the exhaust manifold.
Watch the vid, 2nd run we BOTH ran to 150, my car was edging up on you the entire time untill I passed you, and I had not even hit my powerband in 5th yet, you were NOT gonna pass me. At the end of the night after our cars cooled for about 45 minutes while we were "chillin", then we jumped back on 59 and I proceded to walk you about 5-6 strait times while you were solo and I had a 200 pound passenger. I mean your car was fast, don't get me wrong. But if you compare the work you have done to the work I have done I simply was not impressed. But like I said, who cares. Your car is gonna be one of the faster cars in Houston, I can't wait to see that ****** run.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

You only posted the videos that you wanted the people to see. Look at the first video and you can clearly see that I walked you!

You are still not acknowledging the fact that I was not tuned and still have my cats on. That alone is another 50 or so hp. I'm not making any excuses, but the fact that my car runs lean top end I had to back off(ask your buddy). He even states that my car is faster than yours.

Please dont make this a money issue. I might have spent more on one item, but you have multiple upgrades. Basically all the upgrades minus your intake(cam,headers,intake,exhaust,cat delete pipes,etc...). I have yet to open the motor.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Actually I bolted on a blower and went out there and ran, but it wasn't some little pos 460rwhp 350z. You would have made a nice little snack for me back when I used to race.

Well how about you run the deuce then. Unless you trap 133+ you would have made a snack for me.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

You only posted the videos that you wanted the people to see. Look at the first video and you can clearly see that I walked you!

You are still not acknowledging the fact that I was not tuned and still have my cats on. That alone is another 50 or so hp. I'm not making any excuses, but the fact that my car runs lean top end I had to back off(ask your buddy). He even states that my car is faster than yours.

Please dont make this a money issue. I might have spent more on one item, but you have multiple upgrades. Basically all the upgrades minus your intake(cam,headers,intake,exhaust,cat delete pipes,etc...). I have yet to open the motor.
I have a cam and full exhaust, pretty basic set-up. Compared to other cammed/heads-cam LS1's my car aint jack ****. That video has all the videos that were usable, Hassans dumbass either didnt record or fucked up recording everything else. You jumped me on almost every run and I ran you down, not to mention we were doing 40-45 rolls when my powerband is towards 50-55mph, on the last run in the video that was a 55 roll, and you got RAPED, 2+ cars and pulling. And yea you beat me that 1st run, but I beat you even worse the last 5 runs of the night with Hassan in my car, so who cares. Basically I posted that I beat a TT 350Z, you called BS and called me out and this was the result. I don't know what all these excuses are coming out now, tune, EGT's, manifold bolts, heat ect. You didnt mention ANY of that stuff prior to running me, why mention it after? I got no problem with you and I really like your car, I hope your not taking any of this **** personally, I think it's kinda funny, lol.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great vid, thanks..
Old 08-07-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Did that Cobra have a tailight out? Really, nice runs but dude, you will get alot more attention being cool rather than whinning like a baby. Just my .02.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why do you continually keep bringing up excusses about your car, "the tune, cats, etc..... suck it up and be a man you ran what you had that night and got beat give the man his props put a lid on it. i wish i was closer to houston i would take my T/A and give you two car lengths then walk right by you..
Old 08-07-2006, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I just read up on the excuses that are coming out in this thread. Mind you it's not as bad as when that ****** in the LT1 Camaro lost to a Acura CL, but it's pretty bad.

Just lick your wounds and race the same guy another day. I mean come on. I've lost soo many races people thought that I couldn't stand to win.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ubergeist
No, I don't need a phallic symbol to get the ladies, but if you needed one, and chose a 350z for compensating for something else, that's your prerogative. But I think you could have done better.
I'm not here to change anyones opinion on the Z. I know what the car is and that's that. You kept taking everything personal and comparing the two. All your statments and some of my own are all opinionated so Whatever. So to some I'm sure a neon is a better car to others the Z is better....I'll just leave it at that on a Chevy Forum cause really we both don't belong arguing here about it and going off topic. Sorry you sold the Neon you loved so much and bought a TA. Best of luck with that car to you.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
I'm not here to change anyones opinion on the Z. I know what the car is and that's that. You kept taking everything personal and comparing the two. All your statments and some of my own are all opinionated so Whatever. So to some I'm sure a neon is a better car to others the Z is better....I'll just leave it at that on a Chevy Forum cause really we both don't belong arguing here about it and going off topic. Sorry you sold the Neon you loved so much and bought a TA. Best of luck with that car to you.
Technically this is more than a Chevy forum.

Believe it or not I had 2 SRT-4's. I had a silver one that was awsome, 50 plus drag runs 300hp+ and not one problem.

Sold it for a STi, big mistake. Didn't think the car was worth the extra cash, so I sold it. And I got another SRT. This one must have been built on a Friday or was beat to **** by the previous owner. Because it had probs, so I got the T/A because it was cheap enough for me to finish school and you can't beat a v-8.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Teching In

You are still not acknowledging the fact that I was not tuned and still have my cats on.
I have an observation that no ones brought up yet. This guy is running boost on a motor that's not tuned. That sounds stupid to say the least. Boost + no tune = BOOM. I'm also really tired of your whining and complaining. Your car may run well, but I lost all respect for you several pages back.

Lance
Old 08-09-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, boost + no tune does not=BOOM as you say or else I wouldnt have videos to prove it. There are other factors that I took to oversee my engine functions(2 egt gauges and a wideband). Basically thats what an individual needs to tune.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ubergeist
Technically this is more than a Chevy forum.

Believe it or not I had 2 SRT-4's. I had a silver one that was awsome, 50 plus drag runs 300hp+ and not one problem.

Sold it for a STi, big mistake. Didn't think the car was worth the extra cash, so I sold it. And I got another SRT. This one must have been built on a Friday or was beat to **** by the previous owner. Because it had probs, so I got the T/A because it was cheap enough for me to finish school and you can't beat a v-8.
Yeah being in school makes it tough. Do you know how many times I say I would def. be FI already if I wasn't in school? A LOT. I knew that the money I spent on the Z I could have gotten something else that was faster. Hell, I could have even bought a Vette really. But it's just something about these cars and when I drove it I had to have it.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
Yeah being in school makes it tough. Do you know how many times I say I would def. be FI already if I wasn't in school? A LOT. I knew that the money I spent on the Z I could have gotten something else that was faster. Hell, I could have even bought a Vette really. But it's just something about these cars and when I drove it I had to have it.
My brother has a 350Z. I know plenty about them. My vette handled better, was tons faster, much more fun to drive because of all the torque, felt way better, and got better gas mileage depending on driving style. It was also way better from a modding standpoint. The vette also sounded 10x better. The only advantage the 350 had is it being newer, but who really cares? Don't get me wrong, the 350 is a decent car for what it is, but you would have not been dissapointed with the vette.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

25psi, I know im not gonna run with your cars, but if you wanna get some other turbo 350z's to run my SS thats cool, but it is gonna be power adder vs. power adder now, not my cam only motor vs boost. Let me know if you know anybody that might make for a good run.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
My brother has a 350Z. I know plenty about them. My vette handled better, was tons faster, much more fun to drive because of all the torque, felt way better, and got better gas mileage depending on driving style. It was also way better from a modding standpoint. The vette also sounded 10x better. The only advantage the 350 had is it being newer, but who really cares? Don't get me wrong, the 350 is a decent car for what it is, but you would have not been dissapointed with the vette.
Well I did drive both cars but My family just has a Z heritage behind it so that really had a lot to do with it. I three close friends that have C5's two coupes and a FRC. I know their nice.......thanks for reminding me but half of what you said is opinionated.....i.e. the sound of the Z to me is smoother and cleaner and nowhere near the sound of rice. Two of the vette owners have driven my car and with my upgraded rim and tire package along with my shocks they say could be very close in the Auto X with them. It was just my personal favorite and the car is everything I wanted for right now while i'm 21 in school.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Your friend that was riding with me, can attest to the fact I had to shut down early almost every run becuase my egt's where running hot as the mph increased. Remember I was on stock injectors, stock ecu and stock cats. Anyone who knows turbo cars can verify how much stock cats and no tune will hurt a turbo car(more so than an n/a car).

It was not the powerband, becuase I make more torque than you past 3000rpm. I make 300ftlb at 2500rpm and 462 at 4000 rpm(I think it was).

Your vechicle does not weigh more than mine, with my passenger in the car. It is pretty much dead even.

The guy in the Jetta that was following us(the one that works at autobahn) can tell you how I only had 1 bolt on the turbo flange. So basically I was losing boost pressure.
Yes i am the guy that works at Autobanh Motorsports, when we took apart the engine on one of the turbo housings only one bolt was holding it to the manifold so u could basically slide it around in a 360 degree pattern if u felt like it. The car was definately experiancing a major boost leak, and then on the other turbo it was missing 1 bolt. The car was definately not running at its full potential that night....just wait till we are done with the car then let him run whoever he wants and see the outcome, i assure u it will be much different.

Domestics

Whoever has the videos needs to post up the first 3 races.....it showed wat really happend, u cant just show the ones that u want people to see...

Last edited by turbo_passat; 08-11-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by turbo_passat
Yes i am the guy that works at Autobanh Motorsports, when we took apart the engine on one of the turbo housings only one bolt was holding it to the manifold so u could basically slide it around in a 360 degree pattern if u felt like it. The car was definately experiancing a major boost leak, and then on the other turbo it was missing 1 bolt. The car was definately not running at its full potential that night....just wait till we are done with the car then let him run whoever he wants and see the outcome, i assure u it will be much different.

Domestics

Whoever has the videos needs to post up the first 3 races.....it showed wat really happend, u cant just show the ones that u want people to see...
There is a thread on Chitownracing.com about some of the Chicago guys heading to Houston Texas. Why don't YOU go post on there and tell some of those guys you'd be willing to set them up some races.

http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50952
You'll have to register to post.

25psi: I'd imagine the majority of guys planning to head there would LOVE to run your MR2. Hit them up for some races with that or your 350z.If you can whack any of the guys coming down I'll give you some respect.

Good luck and make sure you let us know if you guys agree to hook up with the Chicago boys.