Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350z vs 06 c6, bolt on cobra 100 shot and 04 cobra with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
There is a thread on Chitownracing.com about some of the Chicago guys heading to Houston Texas. Why don't YOU go post on there and tell some of those guys you'd be willing to set them up some races.

http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50952
You'll have to register to post.

25psi: I'd imagine the majority of guys planning to head there would LOVE to run your MR2. Hit them up for some races with that or your 350z.If you can whack any of the guys coming down I'll give you some respect.

Good luck and make sure you let us know if you guys agree to hook up with the Chicago boys.
I dont know where my post had anything to do about this? Im talking about a 350z ur starting to talk about me setting up races?? I just dont see how that has to do with anything i said....
Old 08-11-2006, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo_passat
Yes i am the guy that works at Autobanh Motorsports, when we took apart the engine on one of the turbo housings only one bolt was holding it to the manifold so u could basically slide it around in a 360 degree pattern if u felt like it. The car was definately experiancing a major boost leak, and then on the other turbo it was missing 1 bolt. The car was definately not running at its full potential that night....just wait till we are done with the car then let him run whoever he wants and see the outcome, i assure u it will be much different.

Domestics

Whoever has the videos needs to post up the first 3 races.....it showed wat really happend, u cant just show the ones that u want people to see...
he said he was seeing 7-8psi, thats HIS WORDS, not mine. The vid I made has EVERY RACE WORTH POSTIN, the others were either crap or my buddy didnt record. It would be ALOT better if i got the last 5-6 runs of the night because he got walked EVERY time when I had the passenger. I didnt ask for all these lame excuses, they are all coming out now. HE IS THE ONE WHO WANTED TO RACE ME!!!!!!!! Don't come out and run then post all these gay *** excuses, thats just bullshit. And were you there on the feeder when the cobra put 2 cars on the 350Z? I think u were....
Old 08-12-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 25psi
At 6.5 psi which is what the kit comes with, I made 412rwhp. I was running 7-8 psi yesterday.

His car really pulled hard surprised the **** out of me. To be honest, I think both of our cars are slightly faster than that cobra on the top end.

Pulled from the old thread...

oh yea, Passat boy, this is the last place you want to come on and start challenging just anyone to a race when you are done with his car. You might see what, low 600's, maybe mid 600's with the car..lol. That something to brag about, but hell, you do have a Pussat.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HOSS
Pulled from the old thread...

oh yea, Passat boy, this is the last place you want to come on and start challenging just anyone to a race when you are done with his car. You might see what, low 600's, maybe mid 600's with the car..lol. That something to brag about, but hell, you do have a Pussat.
Well excuse me im sorry mommy and daddy dont have a wallet with a huge money supply and the car was given to me, oh and how many times do you stop for gas, yea thats wat i thought,and yea wat if i am ******* saying this is something to brag about. How about u and him race when we are done with the car? That should shut you up then we will see whos got the LS Wat???

And how much power does ur car make?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
he said he was seeing 7-8psi, thats HIS WORDS, not mine. The vid I made has EVERY RACE WORTH POSTIN, the others were either crap or my buddy didnt record. It would be ALOT better if i got the last 5-6 runs of the night because he got walked EVERY time when I had the passenger. I didnt ask for all these lame excuses, they are all coming out now. HE IS THE ONE WHO WANTED TO RACE ME!!!!!!!! Don't come out and run then post all these gay *** excuses, thats just bullshit. And were you there on the feeder when the cobra put 2 cars on the 350Z? I think u were....
Lol...u still dont understand how a turbo car works, ill find u a website that shows very clearly that turbos do something called "get really hot" and wat does heat do to an engine? Robs power obviously...and so ur saying u would have rather shown u winning after the cars egt's were off the chart..that would prove something for sure
Old 08-12-2006, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Lol...u still dont understand how a turbo car works, ill find u a website that shows very clearly that turbos do something called "get really hot" and wat does heat do to an engine? Robs power obviously...and so ur saying u would have rather shown u winning after the cars egt's were off the chart..that would prove something for sure
what the **** are you not understanding here about him calling ME out. HE wanted to race ME, when you call someone out, and lose, you don't go back and start making all kinda excuses. I don't know what kinda shop you work for that doesnt put cars back together right, but thats not my fault. Tell him to take his car to a shop that puts back all the manifold bolts next time he starts calling people out.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

Well excuse me im sorry mommy and daddy dont have a wallet with a huge money supply and the car was given to me, oh and how many times do you stop for gas, yea thats wat i thought,and yea wat if i am ******* saying this is something to brag about. How about u and him race when we are done with the car? That should shut you up then we will see whos got the LS Wat???
or you could get ur own car and race that....
Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

How about when you get done with the big turbo and built motor you can line him up with some domestics with similar set-ups. Im sure Tiago's TA or DJ99SS would love to run his 350Z right off the freeway, might as well run with similar set-up cars, well see how the old good for nothing domestics do against the super badass Nissan.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Ok now seriously, you need to get ur facts straight before u start talking **** thats ur MAIN problem. We didnt build his ******* car, a different shop did, we ripped apart the motor and are rebuilding it for him the RIGHT way. And another thing, im ******* 17! I dont have the money to have a fast car right now so stfu about me racing my car. And i never said he didnt call u out im saying that ur just trying to get people to see the good side of the race like u posting the videos where U win, and not him...second of all dont talk about stuff if u dont know wat ur talking about.

And yea super idea on racing a built 6cyl with small turbos agains a BUILT v8 with BIG turbos, jesus ur a genious!

OH and yea we know ur a badass u have an ls1 i forgot, it was "touched by the hand of god" LOL!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

I don't care who built it, Im saying if your gonna call ME out, dont come here making excuses about it, and sure as hell don't get some 17 year old HS kid to back you up on it. He said he was boosting 7-8psi, if there was a leak fine. My car is heavier than his car, my car was NA, and I made less power. Yet he is the one making excuses, my car didnt even have full bolt-ons, hell I still have the ls1 intake, but your not gonna hear any excuses from me. ANd as far as what ur saying about the vids. We raced two times before we pulled over and switched passengers, both times in heavy traffic from maybe 45-100, both times he had an edge on me, as soon as we switched I started pulling him just like he pulled me. Thats where MOST of the vids came from. At the end of the night when we were going home we raced about 4-5 more times, all 2nd gear rolls. I beat him every single time with a passenger in my car, keep in mind we had just sat for 45 minutes and the cars were nice and cool.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I don't care who built it, Im saying if your gonna call ME out, dont come here making excuses about it, and sure as hell don't get some 17 year old HS kid to back you up on it. He said he was boosting 7-8psi, if there was a leak fine. My car is heavier than his car, my car was NA, and I made less power. Yet he is the one making excuses, my car didnt even have full bolt-ons, hell I still have the ls1 intake, but your not gonna hear any excuses from me. ANd as far as what ur saying about the vids. We raced two times before we pulled over and switched passengers, both times in heavy traffic from maybe 45-100, both times he had an edge on me, as soon as we switched I started pulling him just like he pulled me. Thats where MOST of the vids came from. At the end of the night when we were going home we raced about 4-5 more times, all 2nd gear rolls. I beat him every single time with a passenger in my car, keep in mind we had just sat for 45 minutes and the cars were nice and cool.
Umm im pretty sure the cooling process matters after a race...it was race after race after race...there was no sitting down in between...and he didnt get this "17" year old to back him up ive been looking at this thread for weeks now and decided to post today cause it pissed me off enough. His car has 6cyl! A cam only ls1 can make easy 400hp with nothing else...

Him- 3328lbs
You-3439lbs
OMG wat a difference in weight...if we had put the kit on in the first place and he didnt have any boost leaks it would have been game over every race i guarante that. To bad we arent using the same kit
Old 08-12-2006, 03:17 AM
TECH Addict

I dont know where my post had anything to do about this? Im talking about a 350z ur starting to talk about me setting up races?? I just dont see how that has to do with anything i said....

You were the one throwing the "gun" on the domestics in your post. Almost all of the cars that would be coming from ChiTown will be domestics. If they suck you should hook up with them and make yourself some easy money 'cause Domestics suck right?

25psi talk about his MR2 and it's 133mph or whatever trap speed. He too should show them silly domestic owners what's up

Perfect opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and get some respect by beating up one some detroit iron.

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mommy and Daddy huh? Pretty sure I paid for the car myself, but you would bring that up since you are 17 and drive a Passat. I would be mad at my parents to if I had to drive one. I stop for gas about as many times as his 350z does. I get great gas mpg on the highway. Why ask how much power my car makes, when I have it posted right in my sig.(More than his on 8lbs of boost..lol) If I lived in Houston, I would be more than glad to run him. I'll just throw some gas on the car, and let him get owned by a car that has less power than him again.

Last edited by HOSS; 08-12-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Ok now seriously, you need to get ur facts straight before u start talking **** thats ur MAIN problem. We didnt build his ******* car, a different shop did, we ripped apart the motor and are rebuilding it for him the RIGHT way. And another thing, im ******* 17! I dont have the money to have a fast car right now so stfu about me racing my car. And i never said he didnt call u out im saying that ur just trying to get people to see the good side of the race like u posting the videos where U win, and not him...second of all dont talk about stuff if u dont know wat ur talking about.

And yea super idea on racing a built 6cyl with small turbos agains a BUILT v8 with BIG turbos, jesus ur a genious!

OH and yea we know ur a badass u have an ls1 i forgot, it was "touched by the hand of god" LOL!
You act 17. I understand what youre saying about boost leaks, but only because I have expirience with turbos and tuning them. IN fact judgeing by your "explanations" I know a bit more than you.

You not at all well spoken. Youre beligerent as hell. You and any 600WHP (Domestic or otherwise) car that talks like you do will get owned in this board because 600WHP aint **** anymore. So can the attatude.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Launching!

For everyones edification:

You can run 30psi while having a boost leak. Unless you blow off an IC pipe or something, your turbo setup will run the boost you set it at. BUT it will require the turbo to spin at a much higher rpm to make that boost sicne so much pressure is being lost to the leak. Why does this matter? Because, as I am so fond of saying: BOOST IS NOT FLOW. Flow is what creates power. Bigger motor make more power in general becuase they flow more air and burn it with more fuel.

So while he might have had 8PSI or whatever, he was flowing less air than he would at 8psi without the leak. His turbo(s?) were spinning faster and the wastegate(s?) were opening later to run that boost, meaning less power for the same peak boost.

Take a note Passat boy. Thats how you explain things.

Moving on. A proper IC will allow a turbo car to run consistently time after time. Take a look at endurance racing turbo cars. Thats an IC. If he was loosing so much in subsequent runs he had a fucked up/badly designed system.

This is not excuse making. If he won, he won, and if he lost he lost. Seems like he won and then lost. Having a **** setup that falls aparts after a few runs is nothing to be proud about. So talking trash on that end is kinda insane.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HOSS
Mommy and Daddy huh? Pretty sure I paid for the car myself, but you would bring that up since you are 17 and drive a Passat. I would be mad at my parents to if I had to drive one. I stop for gas about as many times as his 350z does. I get great gas mpg on the highway. Why ask how much power my car makes, when I have it posted right in my sig.(More than his on 8lbs of boost..lol) If I lived in Houston, I would be more than glad to run him. I'll just throw some gas on the car, and let him get owned by a car that has less power than him again.
LOL so wait put gas on the car and then he'll get owned by someone with less power...im pretty sure gas does something called add power to a car.

I could care less about the guys from Chitown i dont talk for people if someone wants to race them so be it. I mean **** i dont want anything to do with these almighty Ls1's racing its just to much for me
Old 08-12-2006, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

These guys are exposed for what they really are...ricers. Nothing but excuses. Take the loss like a man, come back the next day and whoop some ***. You'll earn much more respect that way.

Also I think the passat ranked top 5 on the gay car list!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Umm im pretty sure the cooling process matters after a race...it was race after race after race...there was no sitting down in between...and he didnt get this "17" year old to back him up ive been looking at this thread for weeks now and decided to post today cause it pissed me off enough. His car has 6cyl! A cam only ls1 can make easy 400hp with nothing else...

Him- 3328lbs
You-3439lbs
OMG wat a difference in weight...if we had put the kit on in the first place and he didnt have any boost leaks it would have been game over every race i guarante that. To bad we arent using the same kit
OMG, lets get some **** strait, my car was 3695 with me in it at HRP, I am 180 or so, ill let you do the math. As far as you saying there was no cool down, talk about someone not having a ******* clue aboput what thwy are saying. Me, Chris, and Brad all pulled over and talked for 30 minutes and talked, then Brad and his GF left. Me Hassan and Chris stayed for about 15-20 more minutes talking or whatever. Then we all decided to go home, on the way home is where the 5-6 races I am talking about it happened. Yes his car has 6 cylinders, but is also has bolt-ons and a turbo kit. And as for all your crying about bolts, leaks, EGT's, heat, me having more cylinders, lol. You know what you can do with all that crap, take it to hondaforums or something, because NOBODY here is gonan take you seriously with that kinda lame bullshit. Oh and BTW, when I was 17 I bought a $17,000 Mustang GT by myself and modded it by myself, now I am 21 and have two cars that I have paid for by myself, so don't be so quick to pull out the mommy and daddy card, some people are more than capable of paying for their own ****.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You sound like a 16 year old. Shut your ******* mouth.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL so wait put gas on the car and then he'll get owned by someone with less power...im pretty sure gas does something called add power to a car.

I
You are an idiot, my car on the gas, will still probably be under the power of his when it is said and done. Now, get off my internet..thanks