Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 guys.... do we stack up to Evo VIII???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 04:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with his mods and you on a good tire the evo does not stand a chance. Keep us posted on the results and good luck
Old 08-06-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think you can get him. my little bro raced and evo 8 from a dig and pulled 2 cars in his bolt-on 98 GT. and i pulled my bro by like 3 cars from a dig and i just gotta lid. but look out if hes got exhaust will be one hell of a race, factory exhaust is super restrictive on those cars and a good aftermarket one will unlock quite a few horsepower.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spare tire
I agree with his mods and you on a good tire the evo does not stand a chance. Keep us posted on the results and good luck
Nice SN.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I raced a full exhaust/intake/cammed evo....untuned. He couldnt even hit 12s at the track. It was like 13.2 was his best time. But he pulled out the "Im not running full boost story" after talking ****. 12.4 and you are safe. Ive seen some impressive looking evos at MIR and the fastest Ive seen on a T&T day was something like 12.2. Im not saying there arent faster, just saying they are not as common as one would believe. Go snoop on the evo forums, you will learn a lot about your enemy.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss1129
I raced a full exhaust/intake/cammed evo....untuned. He couldnt even hit 12s at the track. It was like 13.2 was his best time. But he pulled out the "Im not running full boost story" after talking ****. 12.4 and you are safe. Ive seen some impressive looking evos at MIR and the fastest Ive seen on a T&T day was something like 12.2. Im not saying there arent faster, just saying they are not as common as one would believe. Go snoop on the evo forums, you will learn a lot about your enemy.
Thus confirming...

Originally Posted by Electric
Also, the EVO is slow as ***** unless its tuned. The tune is the most essential part.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I raced an evo M8 with cams, bigger intercooler and every bolt-on imaginable with the mods in my sig and walked him about 2-3 cars.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Phlip00WS6
I raced an evo M8 with cams, bigger intercooler and every bolt-on imaginable with the mods in my sig and walked him about 2-3 cars.
Sounds about right. Full bolt on EVOs cannot make clsoe to 400whp+ unless they have race gas or methanol.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you'll win if you have the cam/headers/tune. I don't think the race will even be close to be honest. With Evos it is all about the tune. I use to own one, and I biffed on having it tuned after I added cam gear and a downpipe. I hope he gets it tuned later on, before he causes harm to his engine.

They are great cars, and as stated, from a dig you will have problems with him. All he has to do is continuosly rev the car between 5-6K rpms, and dump the clutch, and he's looking at 1.8 sec. 60' time on street tires on the street. It's a huge advantage on the street, as most people don't wanna heat up their drag radials on the street, in fear of breaking their 10 bolt rearend.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

jon you should know when in doubt.........spray
Old 08-09-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

before cam and heads i lost to one by a half of a fender... ha
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Teching In

i raced an evo before it was stock my car was stock we went from a roll at 20mph and 50mph and i blew past him in 3rd gear everytime
Old 08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

the guy with the evo almost got his car taking away.,... he's an idiot, he loves to drive it fast and then shift so the blow off valve can be heard by everyone and the other day he was doing a fly by and got pulled over and i dunno what happen after that,maybe it got impounded.... so maybe he doesnt have to race the evo anymore, lol.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redformulaws6
the guy with the evo almost got his car taking away.,... he's an idiot, he loves to drive it fast and then shift so the blow off valve can be heard by everyone and the other day he was doing a fly by and got pulled over and i dunno what happen after that,maybe it got impounded.... so maybe he doesnt have to race the evo anymore, lol.
I hope someone steals it or he gets it impounded. He sounds like a real tool.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NIevo
It depends on if he's tuned or not. If he's not tuned you'll kill him either way. Those mods are horrible without a tune and an intake has been proven to lose power without one. If he's tuned and can drive it would be close from a dig up to about 95-100 and then you'd pull. From a roll you'd eat him alive.
Pretty much what he said, your car will love those longtubes and if you get a cam he will be telling you how good your car sounds from car lengths ahead of him. Go from a dig or you wont hear the end of it, then absolutely destroy him from a roll.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Well, the guy with the Evo got his car back, and i was suppose to race him but he told me his car was acting up, so i had to wait til next week, excuses excuses excuses...thats all i get from these tuner guys from where i live. He told me this, " i have a friend, who has a girlfriend with a pretty quick car... you should race her first"..... i found out her car was a 2005 Nissan Sentra Spec V...stock!!! i started to laugh my *** off. He wasnt joking, he was dead serious, saying that it is pretty fast. So instead of me racing, i told my buddy in his stock 01 ws6 to run her, and he was down. Well, we lined up and my buddy with the ws6 had me and a couple of my other buddies in the car and we destroyed that sentra.... at half throttle. It was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time!!! well...anyways.... my buddy with a supercharged cobra is racing the Evo first, just to see where the evo is at. Becuase i beat the cobra, so if the cobra beats the evo, then its pointless for me to race him... but ill keep you guys updated!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:11 AM
TECH Resident

if you do run 12.4 then you have absolutely nothing to worry about against an exhaust/intake evo w/o a tune... that wont even get an evo into the 12's so just race him and be done with it... however i do agree that evo's are sweet cars. I would love to get one, although id opt for the STI over the EVO cause i love the way STI's sound
Old 08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The EVO is goin down!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silverbandit0996
i think you can get him. my little bro raced and evo 8 from a dig and pulled 2 cars in his bolt-on 98 GT. and i pulled my bro by like 3 cars from a dig and i just gotta lid. but look out if hes got exhaust will be one hell of a race, factory exhaust is super restrictive on those cars and a good aftermarket one will unlock quite a few horsepower.
That Evo driver must drive like my GF, I don't care if it had 5miles on it, you would not pull 5 cars on a bone stock, semi-well driven Evo VIII from a dig in a bone stock LS1. That guy should trade the Evo in for a Lancer or learn to drive.

Originally Posted by 02Ls1ChiTown
i raced an evo before it was stock my car was stock we went from a roll at 20mph and 50mph and i blew past him in 3rd gear everytime
Off topic but your R/T has nothing to do with your ET, timer doesn't start until you move. Your MPH is terrible for an 02'.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:09 AM
On The Tree

if hes pretty much stock, youll spank him, just race him soon. I would go from a roll, that awd can be deadly