Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Running a stock GT 2morrow for cash

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like everone has said if he is not lying it should be an easy win for you. I raced a "bullitt" Mustang with after market exhaust, I had 3.73's and cold air intake kit. I did not even have any exhaust mods or a tune. I raced him 4 times and beat him bad every time. I raced him once from 10 to 80, let him get the jump and put 3 1/2 cars on him and was still pulling on him when I decided that I had enough of him. I would of probably had 5 cars on him If I kept through a full 1/4 mile. The problem with the scenario is that I dont know of any one having a v-8 mustang that is stock.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

You should take him easy. We have alot of gt's here and I have never had a problem with any of them, even if they are lightly modded . I am a cat-back and lid only 2002 a4 ws6 .
Old 08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can play around with stockish 99-04 GTs and I have one of the weakest/slowest 3.23 A4s around. I also manhandled an '05 vert 3v from 10 until about 60 (short race) with an extra passenger and the t-tops down.

I'm not at all afraid of N/A stockish 4.6s. But I have driven a H/C/bolt-on/suspension 2003 GT, and I'm pretty sure that thing would've walked away from me in my LS1.

edit: whoa I was kinda slow in correcting this but I meant I'm not afraid of stockish 2v 4.6s. I know bolt-on 3vs that can take me and I know many 4v that could run with me easily even stock.

Last edited by mpe488; 08-12-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

I finally raced the GT tonight, I waited for the guy after work and had him to follow me to the "track" down the street from my job. It's an industrial street that runs parallel to the 10 in Ontario, it's long, straight and there's no traffic but the street is scarred with tire tracks. 8 light polls is a 1/4 but I measured it anyway to make sure and it was about a 1/4. We had no one to flag to race so we went on three honks, I stalled to 1200 rpms, honked three times and got a ahead at least a car out the hole. From there I put what seemed like 2 1/2 bus lenghts(he was in plain sight in my rear view) on him by the 8th poll. He asked to run it again I let him honk this time, gave him the jump, and we raced with the same results. He was like "it's just a chevy you I gotta have something in there", I allowed him to look over my car and then he shook my hand and said good race.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

"It's just a chevy." What the hell does he think he has that's so special?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QuickBlkZ28
I finally raced the GT tonight, I waited for the guy after work and had him to follow me to the "track" down the street from my job. It's an industrial street that runs parallel to the 10 in Ontario, it's long, straight and there's no traffic but the street is scarred with tire tracks. 8 light polls is a 1/4 but I measured it anyway to make sure and it was about a 1/4. We had no one to flag to race so we went on three honks, I stalled to 1200 rpms, honked three times and got a ahead at least a car out the hole. From there I put what seemed like 2 1/2 bus lenghts(he was in plain sight in my rear view) on him by the 8th poll. He asked to run it again I let him honk this time, gave him the jump, and we raced with the same results. He was like "it's just a chevy you I gotta have something in there", I allowed him to look over my car and then he shook my hand and said good race.
HAHA great kill. Why is it that so many stang owners underrate the F-body when they most likely have never drove or rode in 1??
Old 08-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
HAHA great kill. Why is it that so many stang owners underrate the F-body when they most likely have never drove or rode in 1??
People who don't know squat about cars think stock Mustang GTs are wayyyyy faster than they really are, especially in comparison to Fbodies from the same years. IMO GM really screwed up w/ the 4th generation Fbodies, especially the LS1s, by not getting the word out there what kind of performance they really offered compared to the base V8 Mustangs offered the same years... At least Ford picked it up a bit w/ the 05+ Stangs...
Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill...the guy doesn't even know his own car so I doubt he's going to know what your Z has under the hood.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice run. The guy seemed like a decent sport about it, shaking your hand and all. I take it that you guys didn't race for money.

Say, I didn't realize it but I live somewhat nearby you. Hit me up if you ever wanna go to the track.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill. chalk up another for us ls1 guys... what you should have done, is race him in reverse!! lol..
Old 08-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Way to show those ignorant guys what "just a chevy" can do. You work at UPS? Or ever go to the street races out there? I have like 5 friends that work at UPS in Ontario, used to go to the street races all the time until the police presence became ridiculous.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Teching In

you were just lucky it was not a mach 1 j/k
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Told you that you would take him easy. "good kill"
Old 08-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Good Kill!!! at least he shook your hand and said good race. Anyway I guess he learned something.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Fan
IMO GM really screwed up w/ the 4th generation Fbodies, especially the LS1s, by not getting the word out there what kind of performance they really offered compared to the base V8 Mustangs offered the same years
this happens to be my favorite thing about the f-body! no one knows what they can do
Old 08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by noride
you were just lucky it was not a mach 1 j/k
Hmm I have heard this a couple times..... I have two in my area, a blue and a yellow/black ( which I think is sexy looking) have had a run at the blue one and I gotta tell ya, I wasn't all that impressed...I know I know.. it was prolly stock and I am just off stock and all that, but with all the talking... I expected a bit more then a couple lengths behind me at 100 mph or so..

Nice Kill man, really cool that the guy shook your hand and gave props, not many like that, most whine about "If I had... I woulda..." Grats on a win and a respectable oponent.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
Way to show those ignorant guys what "just a chevy" can do. You work at UPS? Or ever go to the street races out there? I have like 5 friends that work at UPS in Ontario, used to go to the street races all the time until the police presence became ridiculous.
No I work at UNFI on Etiwanda, theres a **** load of beanch racers that swear anything will beat my camaro but there never produce.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Denom
Nice run. The guy seemed like a decent sport about it, shaking your hand and all. I take it that you guys didn't race for money.

Say, I didn't realize it but I live somewhat nearby you. Hit me up if you ever wanna go to the track.
before I start modding I'd like to see what my car can do so I really do want to hit the track up soon
Old 08-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Teching In

nice kill. wut happened w/ the $?? i was gonna say race him 4 $35
Old 08-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Staging Lane

I got 50 bucks it was a risk i was willing to take