Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

351 AC Cobra Kit car Vs allngn_c5 LG Motorsports H/C car

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 351 AC Cobra Kit car Vs allngn_c5 LG Motorsports H/C car

I got the luck of the Irish I guess so please don't hate me. I am heading North on Telegraph toward the I 96 Xway, and all along I see this Blue and White AC Cobra looking car trying to catch up. I pull into the gas station and wait. He pulls in as well. I see its not an original, and obviously doesn't belong to the kid driving it. I was correct on all accounts. The 20 yr old said he was out cruising his dads project car that they just finished about a month ago. Claimed specs were Ford 351 ci making 407 rwhp 400 rwtq. Awesome exhaust!! Open headers kick ***. We all know the car is extremely light, so I am cautious.

Now for the good stuff, we launch from 25 and he is gone. A good 2 cars on me so now its time to go fishing. I reel him in at 110 mph and then we shut them down due to traffic. This Cobra Kit car is quick. I suggest we go from 70 and he agrees. 3rd gear we hit it, he jumps only 1/2 a car maybe less. I am pulling hard and running past him. We shut down at 130 with me up by several cars. His light weight didn't mean to much above 100 mph. Poor aerodynamics. We try one more time, this time from 50, I hold 2nd and caught a perfect 2-3 shift just before the rev limiter and got ahead quick and stayed there. About 2 maybe 3 cars at 100 mph.

Got to give this young man some credit, the car is well tuned, very light, and super quick. Poor aerodynamics and probably fear of blowing the motor (short shifting) on his part were the only thing that let me put the smack down on him. I would've thought something that light with a 400+ rwhp and 400 rwtq motor would've killed me. Lots of fun, and the guy was pretty cool to boot. Hope I run into him again. I know he'll hand me my *** if we go from a dig, unless he's as bad out of the hole as I am then I might get that race as well. LOL !!! Winning is so much better then losing LOL !!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:37 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I bet that was some good entertainment! Great kills, I am dying to find a strong running C5 or C6. I'll have to meet up with Jamie one night, good guy. Good job!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I bet that was some good entertainment! Great kills, I am dying to find a strong running C5 or C6. I'll have to meet up with Jamie one night, good guy. Good job!

Thanks a lot. It was a blast. His exhaust was the first one I've heard that I liked as much or better then mine. Open headers are just plain nasty!!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I want a Brock Superformance Coupe in the worst way. Its a kit from the same people who make the best Cobra kits. Based on a Lemans version of the Cobra. Same basic car, just aerodynamic and mean looking as hell.

I remember a very similar race I saw online. Nasty sounding Cobra and a Z06. The Cobra strait had a better power to weight, but as the speeds went up the Z06 caught and passed him. I still remember the sound though.