Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally Ran that pesky Cobra!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally Ran that pesky Cobra!

So, here in town there is a guy that allways rolls around in his GIRLFRIEND's car. A newer model Fox Body equipped with a 5.0. Now, these people (as in both of them) are always baggin on other people's rides, and talk a lot of crap. Time after time he would approach me with "Wanna race?" I'd casually reply with "What, in your GF's car? " Started to make me sick.

With that said, I called him out, and he was full of excuses, and actually stood me up one night. About two weeks later, my friend calls him up (wanting to see him lose finally) and tells him he will pay for his gas to run my car, the guy accepts, and actually showed up this time. He tells me he has headwork, intake, and a cam, I know he is juiceing the car, but he ASSURES me that he "forgot his lines at home" whatever.

He is full of excuses from the get go, "My tires are pretty bad" "My radiator is bad, and im losing a HP per degree!" everything. So I pull up to the line first, and burnout a bit. He drives pretty far befinhd me, turns around and gave it hell, burning out like crazy, pulls up next to me, and kepd revving (????). So were off, I had a bad start, could have been worse though, and he jumps me a bit. As soon as I snagged second gear, I pulled on him, and was leaving him ever so lightly, I grabbed third and by now I was a car and a half up. My dumb *** got a lil' too excited and hit the revv limiter in third, before going into 4th, so I got him by a car. We go back, cool down, watch a few other runs, and then we are at it again.

He does that same crazy burnout, and kept on reving.The second run was worse, for him, but still bad for me, I let my friend drive my car this time (he also has an F-Body, and is a conciderably better driver than me) our launch was great, and thats really all it tok to give us 3-4 cars on this guy by the end of second gear, my friend was a lil slow going into 3rd (missed it) in my car, and we got the guy by 2 cars that time.

They were quick to leave the scene, and when I got back, I fealt kinda like Robin Hood or somthing, every one was happy that "they" finally lost to some one.

Remeber when I said he was revving loud? and did that long burnout? Everyone there had said that he was cleaning his lines, and it was like he was trying to hide it. What a joke. I know he was running the juice (75 shot).

At anyrate, now they are both pretty cool with me, I guess, but are still using the same ole excuses as to why he lost.

My best kill yet.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's always nice to put big mouths in their place......nice job!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Never have much to say when they are looking at tail lights! Good work!