Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru

After leaving a little get together I had a nice length cruise to get back home. On my way to the interstate on a four lane through Lafayette, LA a subaru WRX followed by the station wagon version pulled along side. I raced the WRX all I could see is that it was BRAND new and had a five gallon exhaust tip. The only reason I am posting this up is because well, the little car almost got me. It has to be a 13 second car. My car is all stock. At about 5k he was walking up on me. I never hold to 6k or up but for pride's sake i did this time and at 6k he was still getting right on the side of me. So i power shifted (also something I NEVER do) without using the clutch and that shot me forward enough to feel a little better but it was still climbing on me! Well, I think the only reason I got saved is that he bounced off of his rev limiter for some reason, spouted black smoke and that was it and we both let off, i know we didn't top 80 mph but damn that little car was quick. So anyone got anything to comment on let it go, thanks.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Teching In

You should have killed this ricer.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Brand new STIs are in the 300+ hp range they can be quick but just think you still beat a car that cost 32K+ basicly stock for whatever they had. What were you in.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 AM
Staging Lane

you need some mods and a tune-up
Old 08-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Brand new STIs are in the 300+ hp range they can be quick but just think you still beat a car that cost 32K+ basicly stock for whatever they had. What were you in.
STI's and WRX's are not the same. a WRX costs like 20K... With some mods, they can easily get into the 13's...
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Powershifting without the clutch??? I was under the impression that the clutch was still applied but the gas pedal was still to the floor. Be looking for metal shavings in your trans.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
The STi never came in a wagon so it had to be a WRX which is around 20k (TR) to 28k (Limited) depending on this model and options you get.

Originally Posted by joewee350
Powershifting without the clutch??? I was under the impression that the clutch was still applied but the gas pedal was still to the floor. Be looking for metal shavings in your trans.
I notice different people call things differently and it hard to understand what people really mean. I'm older so back in the day power shifting is shifting without the cluch. Shifting while WOT and using the clutch is/was called "Flat foot shifting". But like I said people called things differently.

As for the WRX. My guess would be a stg2 (Turboback exhaust, up/pipe[not needed for the 06] and a EM) WRX. I think even a vf3X turboed WRX would walk a stock 95 FB.