Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 05 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Raced a 05 mustang gt

THROUGHLY dissapointed in the results. I dont f'ing understand. My car is a H/C car. Anyways, so the first race we go from a 30 roll (sweet spot ) and I pull an easy 2 cars on him by 80. Second we go from a stop and I get him by a car or car and half. And third run, he heats his tires up on the street, I obviously dont, and he takes off and beats me by a car. He has I/E, or at last thats all that he has told me, and its a 5 speed auto. I am SOO pissed! This guy has been bugging me for the LONGEST time, and my car has been running like a CHAMP for like months, and then when I finally race him, my car was missing or doing something on top end. I mean REALLY noticeable. Still mad. I know he is going to eat it up that he beat a H/C car in his I/E mustang. I need a tune BAD! The car has not been tuned for the H/C. Well I say not tuned but it just has a base madwolf tune. You can tell mine runs rich as hell. So anyways, one question I have is what would this 05 gt auto with I/E run in the quarter I have been looking around for videos, and cant find none. Maybe low 13's? Or would he actually hit high 12's? Anyways, later guys. Off to go into debt to get a clutch, tune, tires, and a 12 bolt. lol
Old 08-10-2006, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

OK, I just talked to him. Turns out he has a couple more mods. He has 4.10 gears, UD pulley, and it has been tuned. Still nothing that should come close to my car. But I feel slightly better, but not good at all. My car needs a tune soo bad.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummm... You should have beat him even if you were close to stock. Get your car checked out. Heads and cam you should be deep into the 12's, if not 11's with decent driving.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, see I know this. I need to go get it tuned. I am thinking that running rich like this for a little while has fouled one of my plugs or something. I will look into it alot when I get my clutch. So does anyone know if he would hit 12's with his? I/E, UD pulley, a tune, and 4.10's???
Old 08-10-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

dont beat yourself up you smoked this guy 2 outta 3.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

with his mods he should see a low 13 sec car, and yours should be a high 11/low12 sec car with a good hook and good tires.....get a tune and some DR's if you dont already have them and run him again
Old 08-10-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

You should definetely get your car tuned before you race someone else. Not just so you won't look bad losing to cars you should beat, but also so you won't be putting your engine at risk. You should have eaten that GT alive, bolt-ons or not. I raced one last week (don't know if he was bone stock or not) and put so many lengths on him that I thought he slammed on the brakes.

So, tune your car, race him again and show him who's boss.