Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

vette,911turbo,nsx-r,evo7, ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Does he ever run it at the track, or is it just his "dyno queen"??
I don't know, ask him.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

That video really opened my eyes. Also that vette is on GY Runflats...AKA rolling stones. And yes, they should have tested a C5 zo6 and the fq 400 instead. Would have been more interesting.

Im gonna hide every time I see an EVO now...thanks.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
I think everyone is getting tired of every LSX owned saying...."yea but the C6 Z06 will beat it".

Thats becoming everyones response to an LS car getting beat.

I think I made a fair and unbiased conclusion.
Thats because the C6 Z06 is the king for its price range. The ricers can't stand it because not only is it fast as hell, it goes around the road course fast as hell too. All those little pos evo's, wrx's, sti's and other ricers always pull the "cornering" excuse because they are slow as ****. They can't use that on the new Z06. It's just an all around badass car for the price. It's in a league with cars several times its price.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Thats because the C6 Z06 is the king for its price range. The ricers can't stand it because not only is it fast as hell, it goes around the road course fast as hell too. All those little pos evo's, wrx's, sti's and other ricers always pull the "cornering" excuse because they are slow as ****. They can't use that on the new Z06. It's just an all around badass car for the price. It's in a league with cars several times its price.

First of all, the evo and skyline are cheaper than the vette so I would assume it is its price range.

The c6 z06 is a 70k+ plus vechicle, making it more than the price of the evo. Just face it, without the z06's the vette cant hold its own.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Teching In

[The ZO6 is] just an all around badass car for the price. It's in a league with cars several times its price.
After too much time trying to identify something that resembled reason amongst all your biased and bullshit statements, I was able to find something from your response that was worth a damn.

Cheers.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Launching!

That show sucks. Period.

Its fun to watch those awesome drivers miss shifts because they are not used to lefthand drive.

I enjoy watching the races, but mjch like Car and Driver and other automotive media, I take what they say with a grain of salt and the margarita its attached too.

Having said that, stuff like this does help to show why stats are not everything. People online or out in the world with no first-hand knowledge tend to think skidpad G, 0-60, and power to weight mean everything. They dont. You can have a car that will turn 1.05G on the pad, has a 250BHP/TON power to weight and hits 60 in 3.5 seconds be a joke on the track. Why?

Skid pads are flat as hell. No bumps. No off cambers. No marbles. You almost never get that on a track. Theres dirt, oil, weird cambers, turns right on the crest of a hill, marbles etc. So a super stiff huge tired car that pulls awesome Gs on the pad will simply become the next landscape feature. And that super stiff car will be super airborne over said hill crest too. Similarly, some tiny car with an awesome power to weight can be beaten by a supposedly inferior heavier car in long straits where aerodynamics and outright power matter matter more.

Stats are not even close to the whole story. Heck, I have not even mentioned how the way the car feels is of huge importance. If the thing feels like its tryign to kill you, then your not going to be at 10/10ths the whole time and you are going to loose.

Basicly, that comparo is not exact science. In fact, racing wheel to wheel like that says more about drivers than cars in such short races.

You want to compare cars, get all those drivers to drive all those cars on the same day same track. If you really want to get into it, do it on the same tire, sized to factory specs or the most common upgrade specs for each vehicle.

Ah, but thats just not as sensational is it?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 25psi
First of all, the evo and skyline are cheaper than the vette so I would assume it is its price range.

The c6 z06 is a 70k+ plus vechicle, making it more than the price of the evo. Just face it, without the z06's the vette cant hold its own.
Your just one of those people who watches CNN and says "oh, were losing the war!!!". No difference.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Launching!

^Hugh?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL ^ what he said.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Teching In

This is hilarous!!!

Oh I would never buy an NSX, its 80K and my SS camarao which is just as fast only cost 28K brand new!

Hey buddy...... yea an 80K C6 Z06 better beat a 28K STI!!!

This is what I have been saying forever, so many hypocritcal people using circular reasoning, in whichever manner suites their needs at that moment.

I have to post this over on one of the NSX threads.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 25psi
Just face it, without the z06's the vette cant hold its own.
Says the guy whos TT 350Z lost to a cam/header SS BTW a stock Z51 C6 6-speed with good tires would run with all of those cars, any Z06 would beat them all, the only vette that might lose to those cars was the one you posted in this thread, and ALOT of that had to do with the rolling stones the vette had for tires, throw some decent rubber on that z51 c5 and it would be right there, only car that should really be faster would be the 911TT which is near 3x more than a base C5, and maybe the skyline, not bad for a base model 45k chevy
Old 08-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Teching In

lets stick with analyzing WHAT happened, not WHAT COULD HAVE happened.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am tired of all these brain washed die hard import fanatics posting up BS threads. It just kills them that overall for the price any Corvette is the best bang for the buck in the world and it looks great.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

But yet it was cracked on by an evo
Old 08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Says the guy whos TT 350Z lost to a cam/header SS BTW a stock Z51 C6 6-speed with good tires would run with all of those cars, any Z06 would beat them all, the only vette that might lose to those cars was the one you posted in this thread, and ALOT of that had to do with the rolling stones the vette had for tires, throw some decent rubber on that z51 c5 and it would be right there, only car that should really be faster would be the 911TT which is near 3x more than a base C5, and maybe the skyline, not bad for a base model 45k chevy
If it will make you feel better, I'll give you a couple of wins. O btw, you might need to spray a 200 shot next.

PS. Lets run the deuce tonight with your 100 shot.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, really Metallic Blue!! It's funny how when we just want to equalize the rolling stock to the almost R compound slicks the "rally twins" come with (as well as some of the other Euro/Nippon stuff), they call it a "ricer excuse" and "run what ya brung". But of course it's OK for them to claim (on modded imports that lose to pure stock domestics), "oh, it's was not tuned, too hot, not enough boost/boost leak, poor fuel, blah, blah, blah", etc.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Your just one of those people who watches CNN and says "oh, were losing the war!!!". No difference.
I agree. This 25psi guy is the same guy that posted a video of an LT1 camaro getting whacked by a 350Z by like 10 cars and thinks that all 350Z vs LT1 races will go down like that.

Now he gets a vid of a bunch of midgets overseas that cant drive a vette and takes it as gospel. Also I know the tire thing is kinda ricer, but I had runflats on my car when I bought it...they are a joke.

Also I have now read the funniest sig ever. 300hp and 200tq makes modded v8s scared? You cant be serious, can you?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1 jeff

Also I have now read the funniest sig ever. 300hp and 200tq makes modded v8s scared? You cant be serious, can you?
yea i was thinking the same thing...though i have a hunch that he is dead serious.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
I am tired of all these brain washed die hard import fanatics posting up BS threads. It just kills them that overall for the price any Corvette is the best bang for the buck in the world and it looks great.
Well I agree the C5 is a phenominal car, and a great value. In this situation, the evo is a better bang for the buck, as it was cheaper and faster.

But, I would never buy and evo, so like you the C5 rates very high on my list.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
yea i was thinking the same thing...though i have a hunch that he is dead serious.

Hey guys, FYI, and S2000 weighs less than 2600 pounds...

I agree his sig is a bit antagonistic (hey juror 8, I told you to lose that crap), but those are very very good numbers to the wheels for an S2k.

Just a bit of school for those of you that dont know.

The stock S2k makes 200 at the wheels and about 130ft/lbs.

so a 100 hp and 70ftlbs increase on a car that runs 5.0 and 13.9 to 14.0 stock...well you do the math.

Hell my bike only makes 145hp and 75ftlbs, but it will smoke about anything here.

SC S2000's are no joke. Last one I ran in the Hennessey only lost to me by a car and a half in the 1/4 at infineon....I ran an 11.9 that day.