Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

another retarded ricer in a Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kills, (seems everybody had a similar story/kill). beautiful cars too.. i bet your Z has some crazy numbers at the wheels.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VW = "Very Weak"

i worked with a kid, he swore his turbo passat was the fastest thing in the world.

we all have nothing to do at work at the time (dead, no customers [my 2nd job]), so we're talking about cars. he starts talking how japanese cars are the best cars in the market. i say "yea, but there's some misconceptions. japanese cars are reliable, but they had no market share til recently. now that it's evening out, i predict in 5 years you're gonna see as many broken japanese cars as american cars since there are barely any old japanese cars on the road comparatively. plus, since they're more expensive to fix than an american car, you can fix an american car 3 times for a japanese car twice so i don't see the point in buying one."

he hated this statement, and calls my car an "american piece of ****". i ask him "okay what do you drive." he says a passat. i'm like are you serious? he says "it's fast." i ask him if he has a turbo. he gives me the cocky smile and says nothing back. i ask him if he's ever taken it to the track. his reponse is "i don't need to take it to the track, i know what it can do." i ask him if he's had it dynoed. he gives me the same excuse as above.

he continues to talk **** about my "american piece of ****". so i call him out and ask him to race me for $20. he immediately shuts and and gets back to work. i bother him every day i see him for 3 weeks. he refuses to race me. then he got fired. what a tool. nearly everyone despised the kid, and those that liked him wound up getting fired, too.

i looked up the quarter mile times. a passat runs a damn mid-high 17 and the turbo edition runs mid 15's. bwa hahaha. even if he had upgrades, it'll take a lot to drop that heap of metal 2 seconds to make it a close race to my basically stock car.

VW owners = pwN3d.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Passats and Jettas make cute girl cars. I was thinking about helping my girlfriend get an '05/'06 Jetta, but I think a V6 f-body would suit her just as well.

Does VW really target their marketing for those cars toward females and homosexuals?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

I just posted about being schooled by a Z06. Difference here is that I KNEW I was going to get spanked. I just wanted to see that sucker nail it. All I know is if you seriously plan on playing with a Modded Vette you better be packing some serious heat!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tony, if you dont mind me asking... what do you do for a living cause i think i'll go that route lol you have an expensive collection of cars going.
Same with TWS, haha how do you chose which one to drive? one for every work day lol
Old 08-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
Tony, if you dont mind me asking... what do you do for a living cause i think i'll go that route lol you have an expensive collection of cars going.
he's an agent, body guard, unauthorized biographer, and drug dealer...er, keeper-awayer!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same with TWS, haha how do you chose which one to drive? one for every work day lol
I'll let Tony speak for himself. I simply deal crack on street corners.

Seriously, I'm a consultant.

The B4C is my wife's DD. My DD is not pictured in my sig. I put the Smurf into storage at a friend's shop and drive my tow rig pretty much every day now (Silverado HD crew cab). The gas mileage with the truck is but I wanted to stop racking up miles on the Smurf as it's a rare color and rare option combo (essentially none, it's almost a total stripper).
Old 08-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Those 1.8T cars feel a lot faster than they are because they have a torque peak at like 2500. The thing is they make jack up top and not much mid-range. But people think its really fast because of how it feels, and because it has a turbo. Funny, considering they are all between 150 and 200 HP.

At this point most people who like cars are really buying into some ideology as opposed to the realistic capabilities of their platform. AKA Japanese fans buy into the whole hi-rev hi-tech idea and Euro people buy into Hi-refinement and hi-inovation. Domestic fans are all over the map. A lot of them seem to think a late 90s GT is unbeatable becuase it has a V8.

LS1s tend to be useful because they disabuse most people of their stupid socially acceptable delusions.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahah! This reminds me of this guy who bought a brand new VW GTI. I was washing my sexy *** car and he comes up parks next to me and starts talking. He asked what my car ran and I said it's a 12 second car blah blah. He is like cool, mine can hit the speed limiter in the 1/4... I was like what is your speed limiter? He said 160!!! LOL!

Then a month later I end up at the Carwash and the kid is there, he said he wanted to run someone so I told a friend with an LT1 Camaro to run him, so we convinced the kid its only a V6 Camaro (just so he wouldn't back down from it being a V8). He gets his assed kicked it was funny, hope it opened his eyes.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Mechanical Engineer, working in Project Management for the offshore oil/gas industry. Also co-founder of this website, and also write and shoot photos for GM High Tech. In other words, I'm BUSY.

But, being lazy won't pay for toys
Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Mechanical Engineer, working in Project Management for the offshore oil/gas industry.
So our $3.00 plus a gallon helps pay for all your toys. Just kidding and also thanks for a such a nice website.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, they are slower than I thought! My Truck could have hurt this kid's feelings.
The kid need's to learn one way or another; hopefully he does not take someone out in the process with his moronic ricer driving.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
LMAO...love the "weenie" blowoff sounding like a baby sneezing...too f'n funny! Will they ever learn...

Damn T, with all these kills between the Ram and the Vette you need to start carrying a vid cam with ya to put a little comedy skit together of the fun runs...
Nice car man! I seen your car in GMHTP. Again Nice.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

yeah, I'd rather have dusted him in the Ram. It would have been more humiliating I suppose. It just cracks me up that he thought his turbo Jetta was bad enough to try and start a race with a Corvette that was obviously not stock looking or sounding.
Its funny you say that!!!

At the time I was living in Abilene Texas.......nice place BTW! I miss it, but back to the story. A good good freind of mine had to go and buy a ricer. He comes home with a brand new 04' Toyota Cellica GTS. Well he was nieve and didn't realize actually how slow they were. I had my Vette at the time and it wasn't nearly as fast as it is today, but it was pretty fun still.

Well I talked him into taking it to the 1/8 mile drag strip they have there and he did. Well he gets some good runs in for a brand new import, nd I'm running my car too. We had some fun that day and he wasn't too upset with his shitty times. If I remember correctly he was running high 10's to low 11's in the 1/8 mile and I was running mid to high 8's. He didn't care about his times, just whether or not he beat the oponent. Which isn't hard if your racing other imports.

So he talked me into a ride to see how fast it actually was. So I humored him and left the Vette at the track while we went for a spin into town. Here comes the good part. So we are in town and waiting at a red light as this huge deisel truck pulls up next to him. The guy was older and was driving all alone. He complimented my freinds car and asked if they were fast. My buddy said "hell yeah!" and revs his completely bone *** stock GTS still sporting the paper dealer plates at this old guy. So as the light turns green the guy guns his huge *** deisel truck as does my freind....................and this deisel truck completely annialates the GTS. I mean completely blows him out of the water. The truck had at LEAST 1 1/2 buses on him. I tried so hard not to laugh, but I had too.

His excuse was that he wasn't comfortable with the shifter yet. Some people are just really neive!

I still bust his ***** to this day.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

Import drivers don't realize how slow their cars really are untill they get an actual spin in something faster.

There's an asian guy (being serious) at my day job that swore his modded Acura RSX type "s" was somehow superior to my domestic musclecar.

I told him that I'd bring the car to work the next day (I never drive it) and we'd go on our lunch break for some driving. During the lunch break I layed into a long side road that runs parallel to the interstate. I rolled into the throttle in 2nd gear and powershifted each gear until I was halfway into 5th. His slanted eyes had now turned into large ovals as he exclaimed, "Holy sheet!" in his thick Korean accent. He was blown away at how violently the car sprinted up to 145.

That was a couple months ago (421rwhp).... before I added the twin turbos.

Hopefully... the experience will trickle down to all his import friends.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Why is everyone lumping all imports in one slow category? All of them are not slow.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:38 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by FEARSM
Why is everyone lumping all imports in one slow category? All of them are not slow.
We aren't saying all of them are. We are saying about 98% of them are. How many imports can run 13's stock?

Supra, Rx-7, 3000 GT Vr-4...thats about it. And you will see that those cars get plenty of respect on this web site. Its the ricers with the stickers and the VW's that take the beatings.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

I've noticed around here I'm seeing alot of jetta's and passats with fart cannons on them.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by StoleIt
We aren't saying all of them are. We are saying about 98% of them are. How many imports can run 13's stock?

Supra, Rx-7, 3000 GT Vr-4...thats about it. And you will see that those cars get plenty of respect on this web site. Its the ricers with the stickers and the VW's that take the beatings.
evo's and sti's can probably hit 13's too. sti's definitely have before, not 100% sure on the evo's.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
evo's and sti's can probably hit 13's too. sti's definitely have before, not 100% sure on the evo's.
The evo can, seen it for myself. 13.8 was his best run if I remember. Those and the cars StoleIt mentioned are cool and get respect. The fart can only civics with massive ground effect and stickers will take a beating on here.