Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LG Motorsports' allngn_c5 vs Livernois' cgillies86 97 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
freaking A.

I responded to this yesterday man...but...obviously something went wacko with my connection.

Anyway's... Trust me man, I'm not about ripping my car apart, due to an over rev...thats the last thing I need to happen right now. I'd light the car on fire at this point if "my" car has a failure, I deal with enough of that at work everyday.Brother, The shifting, is SOO CRUCIAL to racing. I know you know this everyone, so please nobody take this like i'm telling you something that "I" tink you don't know.

..that said, with all honesty, the best thing I have going for me, is my driving style. I don't always powershift, I most of the time, just speed shift....or blip the throttle enough, to where I am NOT lifting completely but, maybe only 20% or soo....anything BUT full thorttle WORKS. Speed shifting, and keeping the car straight and MOVING forward REGARDLESS of wheel spin is what makes my combo sick. It WILL make or break a race for me. It's that simple. It is something that MUST be done dawg.

If anyone isn't comfortable, shifting that fast,powershifting, speed shifting, flatshifting,etc etc, I can fully understand why. You don't want to break ****. Like me. I started young, driving this way. And I suffered many times, when my 5.0 had a cracked T-5 main shaft in the transmission. Honestly, I broke 4 "world class t-5's" in that car. It never did it on an actual missed shift but, I know damm well it was due to my (at the time) non-driving *** missing gears time and time again. My Cobra,...same problem. I think I went through 4 T-45 transmissions. On that car, I honestly didn't miss too many shifts, cause at that time I had three years of manual ONLY driving, which was all in classic hot-rods and late model vettes and mustangs. I think the T-45 was just to weak for my driving style.

Now, after 12 years of manual only driving, I rarely miss gears if ever. Also, after all that driving, i've learned that you don't ALWAYS have to powershift, to make a fast selection. So do try and MAT the throttle...but Those extra 300 to 700rpm's that we may loose from NOT shifting superfast, in "MY" car, would kill me, atleast on motor, cause I would have knocked MYSELF below my cars powerBAND....and would have alot of ground to make up.

You don't have to make EVERY GEAR SUPER FAST either. Maybe start off with your stronger ones. The ones that YOU KNOW you can bang. If you think your gonna miss(don't think that cause you will), just also be ready to lift. Me, personally, i try and be ready for anything, ready for the sky to fall, whatever...missshift...whatever....titty flash from hot chick in car next to me...whatever. YOu can handle it man. I've seen your videos. ******* nut.

Trust me bro,...it makes the biggest difference in the entire world. Once you start banging them out, you'll never look back.

blah blah blah. I almost forgot what the hell I was talking about... my bad. lol....i'm retarded.

Again, I know everyone here knows this...just speaking my mind. Although you guys might not want to take advice from a looney.

Peace out ya'll.
totally agree with what jamie says i should know i learned from him. It really makes a difference i've beat cars that were supposed to beat me just because of the way I drive.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well my friend Chris just picked up his car from Livernois after final tuning. I hope everything went well. Its a beautiful 1997 torch red coupe with a Livernois stg II head and cam pkg and all the boltons. Last I heard he made 425+ rwhp and 380+ rwtq. Running BFG DR's he should hook real nice and cancel a lot of the power difference between his and my car. Hopefully I can drive a little better then I have in the past few races. I certainly don't underestimate Chris's car at all, anything can happen. We all know about my lack of traction. We'll see if we can get this one on today. Video will be up later if we are able to get it done. Hope I can win this one. LOL !!

Here is the link:
http://video.ls1tech.com/video/2c345...1e01867861.htm
Nice runs both of you.. WTG Doug!!! Dave
Old 08-25-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Jamie. You know how to rip those gears, I think we all would agree with all the trannies you have destroyed you have finally gotten it right. Your car with your driving style motor only or with the bottle can certainly whip *** on pretty much anything out there.

On a side note thank you very much for the informative email about my car situation. I am sure the advice you gave me will help me to swap out my broken part. If memory serves I do have GM metal gaskets. Just wanted to say thanks. Hopefully I will be doing it soon. Working lots of 16 hour shifts and I have no time. Not to mention it been doing the Florida rain storm here in Michigan. Sunny, rain, sunny, storm, sunny, black clouds sprinkles only. You know the rest. I will give you a shout when the car is in the air and we swap out those starters. Hopefully its only a starter.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Long needed update. My car 460 rwhp 420 rwtq plus a passenger
His car 434 rwhp 390 rwtq and was given the jump on each race due to not being able to hear the honks over the exhaust notes.............
Sorry about the confusion, my original #'s posted 473/431 were STD not SAE so the power difference wasn't as big as we thought, and me with a passenger plus giving him the head start really did even out the races. All in all it was a lot of fun and I just posted to put this thread back into rotation for those who may have missed it. Enjoy.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cgillies86
Well, if you factor in the weight factor and the jump, I guess dougs car beat me by 3 cars to 140. I am not at all suprised on the results considering he has a 50 hp/50 tq advantage on me. I would of liked to have done better but o well.
Chris you did as well as your car would allow. I just have more power. 26 more rwhp and 30 more rwtq. You should've got the Pro Long Tubes.

Last edited by allngn_c5; 11-07-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned

Good runs, great video guys!

Man, that red C5 went into 4x4 mode when the race went green. HUGE gap from the top of the front tire to the fenderwell, my fave part!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by I <3 80057
Good runs, great video guys!

Man, that red C5 went into 4x4 mode when the race went green. HUGE gap from the top of the front tire to the fenderwell, my fave part!

As I mentioned Chris was given the nod to jump when he felt ready to race since we couldn't get 3 honk start that we could each hear. Our exhaust were tooooooo damn loud. Thanks bro, and glad you liked the vid.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Vette's are god's gift to man.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 305 h.o.
Vette's are god's gift to man.

How'd you like watching me reel him in after giving him the head start?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Chris you did as well as your car would allow. I just have more power. 26 more rwhp and 30 more rwtq. You should've got the Pro Long Tubes.
I've had nothing but problems with my Pro Long Tubes and cracking... I'm ready to switch to Kooks!

-Rick
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverC5Vert
I've had nothing but problems with my Pro Long Tubes and cracking... I'm ready to switch to Kooks!

-Rick
Did you give Bobby a call? If so what was said?? Very curious??