Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took the Mazda rice and stang hunting...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Took the Mazda rice and stang hunting...

Earlier tonight I went out rice and stang hunting. I first came upon an 01+ auto vert with his girlfriend in the car. I revved, jumped, and pointed forward but he just grinned, lol. I'm sure he thought I wasn't worth wasting gas on while I was thinking of an easy target. I also ruined two ricers who kept racing. I pulled up next to them in second and after he hit it I blew past him shutting it down quickly afterwards. The last run was with an 01+ lowered with exhaust and deep dish bullets. His girlfriend laughed as I reved the quiet little family car. It took me awhile to let him know I was actually serious about running. We hit a light and he raised his rpms. I left at idle since I wasn't sure how to launch and the car doesn't have very many miles on it. I put 1/2-3/4 of a car on him and shut down about 65. I think if we left from 3rd he would be able to take me due to the weak tune in stock form. Either way, he looked shocked. Priceless.....just priceless.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

wait what car do u have? a v-8 mazda?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

I wish. It's a MazdaSpeed6, 4 cylinder turbo with awd and 275hp.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Teching In

i remember seeing one in a mag once before. i take it they run pretty well? awd launching can be very easy or hard. rev it to like 4k and when you go, just step out of the clutch slipping it as fast as you can with out dumping it basically. the object is to keep your revs up to eliminate turbo lag. please dont run around dumping the clutch.