Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Foxbody vs. MACH1 (No more sticky pedal)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foxbody vs. MACH1 (No more sticky pedal)

I must be getting lucky with these MACH1's I was out going to get some movies from blockbuster and this really nice Charcoal grey Mach1 throws a rev and barks second gear nasty. We get to a light and very cool guy asks me what I have done told him pretty much stock with 4.10 gears he said he had just bought his car. He asked me if I wanted to run, I was like hell yea, I said when the light turns green lets go. I had already turned my bottle on at home so I was ready.

The light turns green I hooked hard and he didnt, he even got sideways, I kept pulling really bad it was ugly. we got to another light and I asked him if he wanted to go again, he said no, that he wanted to practice and then he would run me again. Overall cool guy, nice car and great race.

Oh yea on the way home a 750IL was trying to race, what is under the hood of those, I pulled him hard. Had fun hopefully tonight we can get some more races this time I will bring a camera.

I havent raced the almighty LS1 yet though. I cant wait to see how I can do against one.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:20 AM
On The Tree

Good kill. It might be a little more interesting if you'd list your mods,car,times etc.

BTW- BMW 750iL has a 5.0 engine (newer ones have 4.8l). The first # is the series the next 2 are the liters and the last letters (letter in this case) is model type (like coupe,sedan,convertible,etc). It used to be simple but I think that BMW may have started varying some on engine size and kept original 50 number because of its reputation.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
Good kill. It might be a little more interesting if you'd list your mods,car,times etc.

BTW- BMW 750iL has a 5.0 engine (newer ones have 4.8l). The first # is the series the next 2 are the liters and the last letters (letter in this case) is model type (like coupe,sedan,convertible,etc). It used to be simple but I think that BMW may have started varying some on engine size and kept original 50 number because of its reputation.

Hey bro sorry about not listing my mods, I need to make a signature, anyways my mods are as follows,

Stock 5.0 block only 55,000 miles bbk shorty headers, catted H-pipe, 4.10 gears 150 Shot NX MSD wires, thats it for now

I dont have any times yet I went to the track and did not have a helmet could not run.

I dont have any dyno #'s yet. I will work on the SIG that way the threads can be more interesting.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AROD427
Hey bro sorry about not listing my mods, I need to make a signature, anyways my mods are as follows,

Stock 5.0 block only 55,000 miles bbk shorty headers, catted H-pipe, 4.10 gears 150 Shot NX MSD wires, thats it for now

I dont have any times yet I went to the track and did not have a helmet could not run.

I dont have any dyno #'s yet. I will work on the SIG that way the threads can be more interesting.
So you were spraying against a fairly stock Mach 1?? Did he know you were spraying? Hmmm, sneaky bastid, sounds like something I would do LOL!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TRMach1
So you were spraying against a fairly stock Mach 1?? Did he know you were spraying? Hmmm, sneaky bastid, sounds like something I would do LOL!
yeah I was, I know I didnt tell him, but I think I would of took him even without it because he was such a bad driver.

I cant imagine how good your car runs on spray. my car runs great on NX yours must be a beast.