Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

beat an LS2 GTO!!! but how!?!??!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good kill.......very surprising kill. i've raced 05 gt from 60-120 and it was an easy kill.
Your car must run very strong!
Old 08-27-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill, how do you know that it was 05-06?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
nice kill, how do you know that it was 05-06?

Probably because it said 6.0 on the back
Old 08-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Teching In

it had the 6.0 badges, dual exhaust w/proper bumper, hood scoops and proper front bumper, and the 05-06 18 inch wheels.

yea im starting to think my car is a factory freak. but then again, i recalibrated the throttle (free mod) plus my car is broken in properly with 16k miles.but i did get very lucky both races.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

nice kill!!!!!

*and everyone better fear the huggah

Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3VstangGT
long read but good story.

today, on my way home from school, i saw an 05/06 LS2 GTO up ahead in traffic, and decided to see if he wanted to play. so i pulled up along side him, and gave him the thumbs up. he returned it, and i threw it into second and gunned it a little to see if he would take the bait. didn't really go for it. but then as we pull up to a stoplight, he put his turn signal on and starts to get into the left turnlane, when suddenly he changed his mind and got back into the lane next to me. im like oh hell yea, theres only one reason he'd miss his turn. to take down a GT mustang. i looked at him, and gave him the nod, which he returned, and so then he gives an almighty REV and god it sounded beastly. i then returned. then we were both revving. oh god. classic musclecar scene. everyone around us stopped to look at what was about to go down. the light turns green. i get a perfect, and i mean freakin PERFECT holeshot launch. his, was, er, less than perfect haha. but he wasn't goin down that easy. i nailed a PERFECT 1-2 shift, burned the tires longer than usual on this shift, and pulled HARD through 2nd, him still in the same exact position, his front bumper at about my rear wheel. shifted into third, him pulling a tiny bit but almost struggling it seemed. weird. afterwards, we rolled down windows and i said "awesome race man!" and hes like "yea, i got a bad launch" and im like "yea i know lol, i got really lucky, those GTO's are tough as hell to launch" and hes like haha tell me about it. so then we parted ways, and i floored it goin around the corner. the tail kicked out nicely, but then apparently even though i had the TCS off, i felt an electronic nanny cut the throttle to like 20%, then when i got straight it was WOT again. anybody know how to permanently disable this crap? all cars have a testing/diagnostic mode, don't they?

anyway, i think my car is a factory freak. either that, or im a ridiculously good driver. this is the second superior car i've beaten. he should have started pulling on me more than he did. his car was in the full squatted, nose up, ***-down charging forward position, DEFINETLY WOT.

anyway, this sure as hell made my day. im gonna go post it on LS1tech.com hahaha.

kind of ironic, i really wanted a 6.0 goat and still think they're one of the most badass cars out there.

and i don't know what the hell happened. this had to have been a fluke.
Nice kill.

anyway, this sure as hell made my day. im gonna go post it on mustangforums.com hahaha.