Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 ws-6 vs. civic w/ nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2000 ws-6 vs. civic w/ nitrous

Hey guys, ok I went to like a little meet near my house, and so anyways long story short, this civic starts talking trash and that hell race me for a $100. At firs I was hesitant. So I find out he is a civic hatch w/ nitrous, gutted everything interior and he has DR's on rims in the back. He wanted to go from a stop. I was almost fixing to go with him, but with my clutch being messed up, and the LS7 clutch on order, I said I will do it next weekend. This guy is a typical ricer POS. I said, well let me look over your car, and you can look over mine. (HE cant see heads and cam, only the word patriot stamped on the head, but dont think he would be wise enough to see that) so anyways, he says, "Oh, but my hood wont open." BS. Hate ricers. Cause you can see exactly what motor he is running by looking at the block down underneath the header. So, he had a number in shoe polish on the side of his car, and I asked him, you went to the track? And he said yeah, I asked what he ran, and he said a 14.8. I straight up called him a dumbass. I said, do you know what these cars run stock? And you want to race me for $100? So I am not sure what he is hiding or what shot hes running, etc. Anyways, I am meeting up back with him in a week or two. I will have the clutch in by then, and maybe can get a tune done by then as well. My questions are, is what is the range he could be running. I know I dont know alot about the car. Obviously his car is a 5 speed. I mean he would HAVE to be running low 12's to even think about beating me. i tried searching EVERYWHERE on the internet, and civic sites to see what other people are running. Alot of these civics have 75 shot and still cant hit 13's. They will get low 14's. So what you guys think? Easy $100? lol My car is in sig.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its pretty pathetic- gutting a car,power adder,engine swap and your barly in the 13 second range on some of those civics
Old 08-27-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

I smell BS. I hope hes not serious. If hes really running a 14.8 you should take his money. But i think he put the slow time on the window to try and hustle peoples money. But i honestly think you should run him. That would have to be one fast *** civic to beat you!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what I was thinking. I think I am a go next weekend. I told him if he wants to wait 2 weeks, and race at the near track, I will make it $200. lol I guess I am just sceptical(sp?). Judging by the facts I should wax him, but I dont just like giving people $100. Oh yeah, one more thing, he knows I have a cam, because when I was leaving I started it, and he said, man check it out, you already have a cam. I think he thought he was racing a stock WS6. He said, now I need some lengths. I said, you aint getting ****, and then left. So well see, I will keep you guys updated and try to get it on video.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, seriously, You should have ran him slipping clutch or not. It is a freakin civic, you are a heads/cam LS1. He would have to have a lot of $$$ in that pos to even have a chance.
I'm disappointed with this thread, when I read the title I didn't think we would be bench racing...against a civic
Old 08-27-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

That was a good answer. Dont give him ****! I'll bet that he wont race you now because he knows you have a cam and your not stock
Old 08-27-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

I think you should go pinks style and just fender him a couple of races, take all his money go double or nothing and let it rip on the last run, let us know after you race him
Old 08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jpat1023
Yea, seriously, You should have ran him slipping clutch or not. It is a freakin civic, you are a heads/cam LS1. He would have to have a lot of $$$ in that pos to even have a chance.
I'm disappointed with this thread, when I read the title I didn't think we would be bench racing...against a civic
I cant get mad at you for saying that. I am just trying to be safe. This is my first time ever to race for money. Not that I am not confident in my car. But I think I am going to try to barely beat him, cause he had a friend there with another civic hatch with nitrous. Also had slicks in the back of the car. So maybe I can make $200 in one night. lol I am a newbie went it come to street racing kinda, but not a newbie on knowing cars, and stuff.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Launching!

I think you should get your car running right and realize that either way 100 bucks aint **** when your spending thousands on mods and track time and tires and all allready.

And why the ever-loving **** does he have DRs on his rear tires?
Old 08-27-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rice will be rice. =]
Old 08-27-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sparetire
And why the ever-loving **** does he have DRs on his rear tires?
Thats what I wanna know??? You should destroy the clown though, even on a 200 shot. I'd really try to find out what he has and try to hustle him outta some more money like you're talkin about with his little ricer buddy.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry guys, I said he had slicks IN the back on the car, not ON. lol He had them in the back off the hatch. But anyways, yeah guys my car will get right, and then its on. lol
Old 08-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Teching In

dude, he's hustling you. be careful.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

was it a civic hatch? you said he wouldnt open the hood so you dont know what engine is in it? could be a K20 on the spray and if its gutted that could be a pretty quick rice box. Still shouldnt be a match for you though.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 3VstangGT
dude, he's hustling you. be careful.
If he is, he's pretty good noticing the cam. I'd be cautious if he tries to get more money outta you though after knowing it's cammed.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Without knowing motor, build, what shot, etc., you should be weary. No matter what you guys think, its not expensive to make a Civic hatch fast. Friday night I saw a Civic with $8900 in it, including the car, motor, etc. run a 12.44. K20a2 swap with bolt-ons, D/R's and a 55 shot.

BTW, you said Civic's are running 75 shots and can't hit 13's? Maybe on the stock D-series motors. Pretty much of the swap motors in a civic hatch should run 13's or low 14's. I guess it just depends on what it is...
Old 08-27-2006, 07:45 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

the starter of this thread is officially the biggest ***** on the internet....sell your LS1 and get a Honda. Really, I am serious, if your worried about running a Civic with a modded LS1, then you have NO business having a nice/fast F body. Sell it, get a sex change, suck dirty gay **** for a living, buy a Honda, get lots of stickers. then you can intimidate guys with much faster cars. Let us know how the sex reassignment surgery goes, and post some pics!

P U S S Y.......

SDB
Old 08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

I am just not going to lose. I dont know why its dumb to be wise about racing someone for money and know everything you can know about the race. Its just like spare tire and LS1na7 said, if he has motor swap, etc then it could be an interesting race, and I am definetly not going to have a civic loss undereath my belt. I would probably be alot more secure if I had a 10 second car like yours. This is my first LS1 fbody, but I have owned 3 fbodies. Thanks for the inputs guys.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

civics can be fast, he could of easily done an engine swap, and you would never know. But i think you should go for it cause chances are hes not even running 13s. Lets us know when you race him
Old 08-27-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Dude, wats the point in racing if you already know exactly what each car can do? You should have just run him and see what happens....that's what makes it fun.