Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SVT Focus Owner on Crack...Funny Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I better watch out for the "Type R" Prius on the way home today.

Maybe next week I can run a Scion and really feel good about myself.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRon77

I wonder if anybody fell for this crap and actually bought one of these? I could understand if it could compete with the Neons or something, but this is just useless. Thanks for lightening up the workday!

Haha no problem man, and yea the dealership has sold 3 of them. Although thats not a lot its 3 more than I would have ever expected. Funny thing is msrp is around 27K and they all sold for over 30K! I mean I cant even understand what those buyers could have been thinking...30K is about enough for a GTO, or an 03/04 cobra, or even say a used C5 Z06. Without the nitrous the thing honestly is slower than my 5.4 Liter expedition and if you see one on the road I swear to god you will instantly have the urge to just light the thing on fire its so gay.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just like the N2O badge on the back. I gots to get me one of those. I wonder if it actually makes them think they're that much faster with the badge.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

A guy down the street from me had one, i never seen him drive it and now i know why.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
I'm calling BS on this one.. Focus going over 100mph.. Get for real no one is crazy enough to try that.

hahahah
Old 08-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Launching!

The Focus was about level with the other FWD NA 4s in its time, but almost no 4s are competitive in their classes now without forced induction. There are OK Foci out there, but we dont get any of them in the US. The Brits get a turbo 5 one. Its still not as fast as an SRT4, but its a lot better than the weak crap we got.

God I love the Saleen Focus. What was it, like 20K+ for something that probably wont crack 13s? The Focus 5.0 Cammer was nice though. And for 15K for the engine and more for the kit, it can be yours LOL.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Whats with the focus kids, there is a non SVT red hatch around here that is bone stock and his plate says I8ATA (I ate a T/A), he only had tinted windows. I have not laughed that hard in a long time... must have been a fly by win haha.
Thats a true story.. A stock Focus beat a 1000rwhp TA.. It was up hill in the snow and the TA had his slicks on..
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Thats a true story.. A stock Focus beat a 1000rwhp TA.. It was up hill in the snow and the TA had his slicks on..
haha i gotta call BS i bet the T/A still won that race!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Tell me about it. I was thinking the little egg was going to fly off the road when he passed me, but he came by pretty good and I was running 75mph for the first flyby.

I really thought he just wanted to see the Vette run, but he didn't seem too interested in anything other than cutting people off and trying flybys! 74mph in 2nd?? He must have hammered 3rd when he tried his 85mph flyby . I was embarrased to even go there, but it seemed like he deserved it . Good news is converter locks up in 3rd just where we want it to...at least something productive came of it!

I knew you guys would get a kick...it was pretty damn funny to me too.
Bigron, I get that same crap all the time. The sad part is most of them really think they are going to beat you or "show me how to drive". Cutting people off like they do has to be about the dumbest thing they could ever do(unsafe). Good kill though.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by M3Corvette
Bigron, I get that same crap all the time. The sad part is most of them really think they are going to beat you or "show me how to drive". Cutting people off like they do has to be about the dumbest thing they could ever do(unsafe). Good kill though.

Tell me about it! I don't carve up traffic in the Vette, and it has good brakes and maneuvering power. I sure as hell wouldn't do it in a shoebox with a Briggs & Stratton straped to it.

I guess he proved a point to himself...
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me about it! I don't carve up traffic in the Vette, and it has good brakes and maneuvering power. I sure as hell wouldn't do it in a shoebox with a Briggs & Stratton straped to it.

Haha exactly, but honestly the svt focus might be a joke but watch out for the type-r hover round motorized wheel chair...that thing is badass and pulls like a beast around your local shopping mall, nursing home, and grocery store! You best have your nikes on when one of them comes rolling up along side you...
Old 08-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
watch out for the type-r hover round motorized wheel chair...that thing is badass and pulls like a beast around your local shopping mall, nursing home, and grocery store!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sparetire
The Focus was about level with the other FWD NA 4s in its time, but almost no 4s are competitive in their classes now without forced induction. There are OK Foci out there, but we dont get any of them in the US. The Brits get a turbo 5 one. Its still not as fast as an SRT4, but its a lot better than the weak crap we got.
The only Focus worth a damn is the one that Ford never built (and probably never will, even in England), i.e.; a street legal version of the Focus RS WRC. Mountune/Cosworth/whomever prepped/forged Zetec, ceramic bearing turbo, big azz front mount, water injection, anti-lag, FFD or X-Trac awd, sequential 5/6 speed, etc., etc., in a 2700 lb. package. It would be an STI/Evo whatever # KILLER, but we'll NEVER see it!!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Old 08-31-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

did yall even read the whole article about that saleen FOCUS??? i read the whole thing and i was convinced NOT to buy it.. $28k for focus with NOS system.. ROFL..

it says; owner has to fill up the bottle!! ROFL~~ plus itz got front disk and rear drum brakes.. massive stopping POWER.

THIS IS WAY TOO FUNNY~!!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dailydriver
The only Focus worth a damn is the one that Ford never built (and probably never will, even in England), i.e.; a street legal version of the Focus RS WRC. Mountune/Cosworth/whomever prepped/forged Zetec, ceramic bearing turbo, big azz front mount, water injection, anti-lag, FFD or X-Trac awd, sequential 5/6 speed, etc., etc., in a 2700 lb. package. It would be an STI/Evo whatever # KILLER, but we'll NEVER see it!!
Theres an article in SCC on Fords WRC cars and facility in England. Its simply insane how mean those cars are. The inlet restrictors limit the current car to about 300HP, yet it makes about 400 pounds of torque and in the mid-range RPMs.

It kills me too that they never made an Evo competitor. The central tunnel on that chassis is big enough for a driveshaft for RWD or AWD. People have done it. Cosworth could get pretty insane power from a DOHC Ford 4. And yet here we are with 170HP "SVT" FWD crap.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Found this vid on Streetfire...modded SVT Focus racing 2 other turds, then against a Z06 at the end...I walked this one worse than that.

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...23017b25dd.htm
Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Theres an article in SCC on Fords WRC cars and facility in England. Its simply insane how mean those cars are. People have done it. Cosworth could get pretty insane power from a DOHC Ford 4.
Right you are! The 2.1 BDT Cossies in the RS200 rallycross cars were pulling 800+ whp, tractable hp, that lasted for waaayyy longer than a 8-10 second 1/4 mile run!!! The current WRC cars would be downright dangerous if they took all the inlet restrictors/tune killers out of the picture!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A Saleen Focus????????????? I don't know whether to laugh or puke. Sad...really, really sad. I'm putting down 465rwhp motor only through a 3200 stall, and I don't think a 50 shot would have helped him much . Saleen Focus, that's priceless.

lol..... werd.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Right you are! The 2.1 BDT Cossies in the RS200 rallycross cars were pulling 800+ whp, tractable hp, that lasted for waaayyy longer than a 8-10 second 1/4 mile run!!! The current WRC cars would be downright dangerous if they took all the inlet restrictors/tune killers out of the picture!
Yeah, but the old Groupe B days are over, no more unlimited HP cars running over hill and dale with 0 crowd controll. We were all born too late