Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got me a deer

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got me a deer

sorry if this is the wrong forum, but earlier tonight i went out with my g/f to get dinner for everyone and on the last bend right by my house (we live out in the country... way out) and as a small honda suv is in the oncoming so i slow down, a deer (6 pt buck) leaps ABOVE the car on the left into the direct path of me in my mom's excursion, destroying the hood and grill and front bumpet, got the a/c rad and ect, killed the deer on impact... scared the hell outta me, im 17, and i always thought i was a good or at least, responsable driver, but thank god i wasnt in my lil s-10

P.S.: deer vs. excursion =
Old 09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Xtremes10
sorry if this is the wrong forum, but earlier tonight i went out with my g/f to get dinner for everyone and on the last bend right by my house (we live out in the country... way out) and as a small honda suv is in the oncoming so i slow down, a deer (6 pt buck) leaps ABOVE the car on the left into the direct path of me in my mom's excursion, destroying the hood and grill and front bumpet, got the a/c rad and ect, killed the deer on impact... scared the hell outta me, im 17, and i always thought i was a good or at least, responsable driver, but thank god i wasnt in my lil s-10

P.S.: deer vs. excursion =
Yeah deers are bastards I was riding with a friend and he hit one in his rx-7 how we made it without being decapitated I have no idea. I put it out of its misery and we walked 7 or so miles to the nearest gas station happened at like 2 am on the way home from another friend's wedding.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dear have got to be one of the dumbest ******* creations god thought of.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats the easy way to go hunting... no need for a shotgun just get some headlights and start moving in something.. i hit one in my camaro, luckily i saw it coming from far off- open feild. (was going 70 when i saw it) i was only going about 5-10 when i hit it, it took a small peice of my front fender, wich i found and got bonded back up. but it was kinda funny to me about how it was moving after i hit it... it was on its side spinning and trying to run as it was spinning.. i wasnt too happy when i saw my fender but atleast i already needed a paint job.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

this one came over an embankment (hill dropped off over a steep hill) so there was no chance, i couldnt even see it past the other car either
Old 09-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Yup, definitly a kill story. After I crashed my 68 in '99 i rebuilt the car only to have a deer come out of a fence/tree line (following year) and ram my passenger fender smashing the front up again . its not your driving, I promise you that. **** happens and they come outta nowhere! Where do you live? Once I was taking this lady out to the middle of nowhere to umm.. well...take care of buisness and half way to egypt and a Doe popped up outta the tall grass in the ditch next to the road just before I passed and I smash the holy **** out of it. <not in the 68 or 99 but my 92 lumina thank God. Ruined her mood non the less .
Old 09-09-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My grandparents have a summer house in Northern Wisconsin and every year we go visit them. I've only had 2 close calls and no hits so far, still scares the **** outta me everytime I drive up there. The closest one I actually thought we ran it's legs over cuz right before it was gonna dart in front of us it slipped trying to change directions and fell down. We couldn't have missed it by more than a foot. You're lucky you were driving a tank.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

im out in western pa
Old 09-10-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00454sscamaro
but it was kinda funny to me about how it was moving after i hit it... it was on its side spinning and trying to run as it was spinning..
Jesus Christ that's fuggin funny!!!

But really, this is why hunting season should be all year!