Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

gave a modded RSX-S a head start.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Says the man with a LT1 Camaro.
All you do it bash people's cars on here and Domestics in general.

Its getting really old, just leave, nobody likes you anyway.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
The plot thikenz... I myself think there is lack of knowlegde of the purpose of these cars. Imports (Japanese style race cars) are for Time Trials. Run their little asses around the track for 15 - 20 laps and see who gets the shortest time. Very little adrenaline felt while doing this **** all day.

Domestics (American racing style cars) are mainly built for 1/4 mile straight line racing. Who can get to the finished line first, ***** to the wall racing. Adrenaline shooting out of every pore in your body. You shake like an eathquake when you begin, and shake even harder when you finish win or loose from the rush. HP and TQ actually means something in our racing. I'll stick with the adrenaline rush myself...

Have you ever raced 15-20 laps around a road course? Its very hard and taxing to stay concentrated and not make a mistake for 45min.-1hr. I agree there is a huge feeling of adrenaline when you race a 1/4mile but it is gone so quick. Now take that and stretch it out for minutes as you jockey for position against the guy beside you and try to set up for the perfect pass without making a mistake and plowing your car into the wall and tell me theres no adrenaline there.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NIevo
Have you ever raced 15-20 laps around a road course? Its very hard and taxing to stay concentrated and not make a mistake for 45min.-1hr. I agree there is a huge feeling of adrenaline when you race a 1/4mile but it is gone so quick. Now take that and stretch it out for minutes as you jockey for position against the guy beside you and try to set up for the perfect pass without making a mistake and plowing your car into the wall and tell me theres no adrenaline there.

I will admit that will throw you some adrenaline, but not as much as 1/4 mile racing where ANYTHING can happen. ie. Everything going fine when you launch on the ******* next to you, and all of a sudden when you shift to 2nd gear, you're facing the fukin wall. You loose your axles when you try to cut a perfect light or out tree the opponent. We can go through this kind of crap all day, but I was just stating the differences. They are built for different reasons. They both have their faults.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon

Its getting really old...
I agree. I'm getting sick of it as well.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Unit, why are you selling the Terminator man? Not fast enough for you huh? You need a faster airplane...I mean vehicle?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

I will admit that will throw you some adrenaline, but not as much as 1/4 mile racing where ANYTHING can happen. ie. Everything going fine when you launch on the ******* next to you, and all of a sudden when you shift to 2nd gear, you're facing the fukin wall. You loose your axles when you try to cut a perfect light or out tree the opponent. We can go through this kind of crap all day, but I was just stating the differences. They are built for different reasons. They both have their faults.
Ahh..its cool, you just made it sound like road-course racing was boring and uneventful.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NIevo
Ahh..its cool, you just made it sound like road-course racing was boring and uneventful.

Hell no. I road race sometimes on the freeway. Especially when I see evo's
Old 09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The plot thikenz... I myself think there is lack of knowlegde of the purpose of these cars. Imports (Japanese style race cars) are for Time Trials. Run their little asses around the track for 15 - 20 laps and see who gets the shortest time. Very little adrenaline felt while doing this **** all day.

Domestics (American racing style cars) are mainly built for 1/4 mile straight line racing. Who can get to the finished line first, ***** to the wall racing. Adrenaline shooting out of every pore in your body. You shake like an eathquake when you begin, and shake even harder when you finish win or loose from the rush. HP and TQ actually means something in our racing. I'll stick with the adrenaline rush myself...
i dunno, my crown vic can do a "type" of auto X pretty good, and its even got pretty lights....just sucks when i have to jump out and chase someone on foot

imports and domestics can honestly NEVER be put on a level playing field.....if there both stop...the domestic wins, if they mod at the same amount of money...the domestic wins...ie i had a guy back in college try to tell me that if "he had 12 grand he kill and domestic"...well politely told him, if he got 12grand for his car...id need that too...and with 12grand, hed never seeee my car.....one of the guys i went to academy with had a boosted B16 civic, that made around 330 rwhp and weighed less then 2000 pounds...damn quick....but he admited he put alot of money into....my car makes maybe 330 with what i have in my mods...and ive spent a 10th of what he has.....its like the bastards on pinks...."i need 15 links with the bottle" WTF?!? why even come race....keep it fair and if u take it in the ***....o well be a man....
Old 09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell no. I road race sometimes on the freeway. Especially when I see evo's

haha that's not road racing!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Dude... I have never bashed anyone's car ever, or domestics. I do however hate the LT1 series car's looks. BTW, what have I done wrong? Expess my opinion on a public forum? 90% of the time you are the one that destroys thew threads.

Back to topic. Nice kill.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sdm1234
haha that's not road racing!
HEY!!! I try to get my justification where ever I can... HAHAHA!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

Dude... I have never bashed anyone's car ever, or domestics. I do however hate the LT1 series car's looks. BTW, what have I done wrong? Expess my opinion on a public forum? 90% of the time you are the one that destroys thew threads.

Riiight...no. You obviously don't realize what you say, I'm not the only one who notices it. Unit just posted right above, he said the same thing.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok getting back on the original subject......i raced the same car tonight, or what i thought to be the same car....blue rsx-s, pipe, and stickers.....same part of town and around the same time as last time....plus this guy revved up as soon as i started cruisin by....and ways i took him by a large amount of cars from a 40 roll....and that was the end of it...he didnt come up for another run
Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

its funny how when you talk about domestics everyone throws them in the straight line only category...............

but you all seem to forget the car that Zora Arkus Duntov turned into a legend and the father to the f-body......the corvette
Old 09-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Riiight...no. You obviously don't realize what you say, I'm not the only one who notices it. Unit just posted right above, he said the same thing.
Don't get on your soapbox. You're next on the ban list. I've seen nothing
but bullshit out of you. I'm cleaning house...just fyi. If you plan on being
a member here, my suggestion is that you post your opinions in a positive
way.

LS1NA7 - I'll reply to your PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Exactly, your expressing your opinion, which I actually agree with, I think LT1 camaros are one of the ugliest vehicles on the road today. The trans ams arent bad, but the z28's and even the SS's arent to my liking. However you cant express your opinion since its a domestic board, but morons like Domestic Demon and 98bandit are able to bash imports relentlessly for no real reason, and try to justify it saying your on a domestic board, which is just lame IMO.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Don't get on your soapbox. You're next on the ban list. I've seen nothing
but bullshit out of you. I'm cleaning house...just fyi. If you plan on being
a member here, my suggestion is that you post your opinions in a positive
way.

LS1NA7 - I'll reply to your PM.
Unit just ban him and 98bandit (if you already havent). Both of those assclowns add ZERO to any topic in any forum, they just troll in every import thread and start ****. I dont think ive seen a single sensicle or intelligent post from either of them yet. LS1INA7 is kind of opiniated but doesnt attack people like those two guys do. Just my opinion though as im sure your just as sick as the rest of us seeing every kill thread with an import turn into a domestic vs import war...
Old 09-16-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Old 09-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Unit just ban him and 98bandit (if you already havent). Both of those assclowns add ZERO to any topic in any forum, they just troll in every import thread and start ****. I dont think ive seen a single sensicle or intelligent post from either of them yet. LS1INA7 is kind of opiniated but doesnt attack people like those two guys do. Just my opinion though as im sure your just as sick as the rest of us seeing every kill thread with an import turn into a domestic vs import war...

Thank you. I might not agree with everyone but at least I am civilized. I love this board. I find tons of info and parts here that I need! And even though I sold my Vette, I still need info because I think I am about to get a Z28... And I still have the LS1 RX-7.

Oh, and Domestic Demon and 98Bandit are the same person.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

That's funny, you do pretty much the same thing, except with imports.