Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Making my younger bro work for it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Making my younger bro work for it!

I have posted in the past of my younger brother and I racing. He has a 99 WS6 w/ Borla/Lid/3.73's. He decided to run me from a slow roll while we were on the street(5-10MPH). I pulled him hard into 3rd gear and then we had to back out. Last time from a dig he took me worse...(I spin)...the slow roll hurt him. LOL He was pissed. No illusions here though....I know that had we been able to run out 3rd into 4th he would have pulled me back in....I know ALLLL about the LS1s in high gear. Heads and Cam by spring should help shake some of the LS1 rif-raf around my town.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Teching In

what spec cam you looking at going with?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

It will directly depend on my choice of heads or head work. I am leaning heavily towards a LE2 package. Should be good for roughly 400RWHP..with the mods I will have in place by then. My plans go something like this...LT's ORY, Stall, 52MM TB, then the Heads and Cam package. I would assume I could stomp some LS1s by then. If not Im gonna burn this car! LOL
Old 09-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Teching In

In that case I'll have to make sure to get to MO and be the only ls1 you race. Then maybe try to persuade you to give it to a worthy cause(me) instead of burning it. I have an off the shelf comp cam right now and it's only gonna be in the car until I get the setup I want done. Then it's custom grind. If you read up on cams, see what you need for your application, then call jegs and comp cams you can work with them to build a custom grind cam made specifically for you that only costs a little more than the premade ones.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
I am leaning heavily towards a LE2 package.
good way to lean.. Lloyd will do a custom grind to match the heads you get from him. Should hold your Bro off for alittle while
Old 09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

I love my car...but I have to admit all these LS1s are pretty seductive. LOL. Its one of those deals..."You are married to a brunette, but checking out the blondes"... Cant afford the extra $$ for an LS1 right now, so Im working with the next best thing.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
I love my car...but I have to admit all these LS1s are pretty seductive. LOL. Its one of those deals..."You are married to a brunette, but checking out the blondes"... Cant afford the extra $$ for an LS1 right now, so Im working with the next best thing.
You sound just like my bro. He takes pride beating LS1's with his 94 Z