Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Thread moved here!!! Prediction 99 Cobra Vs 98 z28 (me)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thread moved here!!! Prediction 99 Cobra Vs 98 z28 (me)

All i have to say is gay for my thread being closed. I guess i didnt put in the right section. I posted this in general lsx automobile discussion. Thought this was general.I GUESS ITS STREET RACING SORRY.Kind of upset here didnt know i was back in high school. Ok well heres my story.

My buddy is all happy that he just swapped out his independent rear end with a solid axle. He threw 4:10s replacing his 3: sumthins. Anyways he thinks hes going to "dust" me. Mods in sig. Im just wondering what I should expect. He can drive his car pretty good. Hes never been to the track he thinks he can run mid 13's or so. My runs in sig were my first time to the track on crappy tires. We really havent launched are cars lately so we kind of dont know what to execpt.On some new nittos 555s. A lot better. Ok well I just bought a Tci 3000 from another user today. That just meets my budget right now I'll most likely go bigger later.Thinking I should run him before and after. He is one of those unbelievers of torque converters so are the rest of my friends. Only 2 other fbody friends know it will make a difference.So what do you guys think? I'll keep you guys informed on what happens.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Teching In

mcgodx said this "Sounds like a drivers' race. From what I've seen, those Cobras are about as fast as LS1 F-Bodies stock, and they respond pretty well to most mods."
Old 09-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Teching In

I replied "Ya cant wait. He is still breaking it in. He is pretty much stock except for a K&N drop in, rear suspension and 4:10's."
Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Teching In

mcgodx said "4:10s would help him out quite a bit, those cars love to be high up in the RPM range."
Old 09-21-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Not to be a dick or anything, but this one is going to get locked too. Read the stickies at the top of this forum. No "who would win?" threads. Just race him and find out.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmard
Not to be a dick or anything, but this one is going to get locked too. Read the stickies at the top of this forum. No "who would win?" threads. Just race him and find out.
+1

Too much talking these days, not enough racing.

Keep us posted on the outcome.