Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nissan Maxima trying to play with the big boys....

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to see alot of people in those maxima's that THINK there fast, They are usually the one's that just recently puchased the car with the dealer plates still on it. Some guy pulls up to me with his window down and says how sloll are those camaro's? I say not as slow as your car. he nails it and my brother says hit it, I leave him in the dust and he just turn's off at the next road. Then another guy six months ago tries to race me and I pull in front of him like he was standing still, he then drives by me and gives me the thumbs down. What ever, I know of a some vett owner's like that to, Some people are just lame some no matter what they drive.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, auto's run mid to high 15's stock, but at about 60, that shitty intake manifold really show's its worth.

And yeah, I know what you mean. There are people like that with EVERY car. I was down the track one time and I was walking around the pit area and some old guy in a convertible Vette with a cigar half sticking out of his mouth pretty much rolled over me and my cousin's toes he got so close. Long story short, he got walked up an down the track by an Integra, and I made sure he saw me laughing my *** off pointing at him. In my old Maxima, and the one Im driving now before my Z gets D.Dable if I had a nickel for every Crown Vic or Honda that swore they were God's gift to speed...well, you know.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS-1 swap in a maxima? is it possible? can it be done?.............
Old 10-27-2006, 12:45 AM
uno
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMmexican
LS-1 swap in a maxima? is it possible? can it be done?.............
it's FWD soooooooooo it'd be too much $$$$ for what it's worth
Old 10-27-2006, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uh the newer maxima's are rpetty f-ing fast for a 4 door v6 sedan.

I should know this because my friend and I used to cruise around in it looking for stupid **** to race.

He stayed door to door with a brand new STi once.... until the STi got pulled over for speeding and we cruised by silently and inconspicuously.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Oso SS
uh the newer maxima's are rpetty f-ing fast for a 4 door v6 sedan.

I should know this because my friend and I used to cruise around in it looking for stupid **** to race.

He stayed door to door with a brand new STi once.... until the STi got pulled over for speeding and we cruised by silently and inconspicuously.
ok well they have basically the same engine as a 350z but with a few less ponies and an sti would walk a stock z because ive seen it happen.. now given that they were both manual i could see some driver error on the sti's part.

but youre right they are fast... compared to other cars in their class.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

I like the wide stance of the Maxima...Nissan has really done a good job with remodeling that car.

I have seriously thought about getting one for a DD.....Just trying to find a used one to keep the price down a lil.....
As soon as my TA is paid for that is 582 back in the bank.....5 more payments to go....
Old 10-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Yea I've had my fair share of Maximas. Good kill!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by uno
yeah maximas are slow stock. the new ones have the same engine as the 350z just in fwd configuration and about 30 less hp. The older ones had the n/a 300zx engine in them. The new ones are actually decent for a big family car. Possible high 14's in them. but no match for a stock ls1, much less a modded one haha good kill.
I own a 2002 Maxima and for what it is, it is FAR from slow. On average, the autos run mid 14s. Mine runs 14.4 to be exact and is completely stock. However, I use it for what it was intended for, a family car. I do, however, love to **** with the local fart can boys who think their hondas are fast lol.
The newer ones are actually a lil slower than the body style before them...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Something
Yeah, auto's run mid to high 15's stock, but at about 60, that shitty intake manifold really show's its worth.
Wrong...