Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vs SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool LT1 vs SRT-4

So the other day i decided to take the Camaro out and go for a quick spin , when all of a sudden i see a SRT-4. So i take off after the SRT-4, and proceed to casually pass him on the right lane and start cruising at 60. Now i look in mi mirror and i see the SRT-4 catching up to me and he gets next to me when all of a sudden i hear his BOV . Hell yeah !! , im game so i proceed to go WOT for about 2 seconds just 2 let him know im willing to play. So we both start driving trying to get infront of traffic when all of a sudden we catch a red light.

Now with are both at the red light and im not sure if he is going to go or not , but im nervous because i think this SRT-4 is about to kill my old LT1.So im sitting there looking for cops and the coast is clear and im just listening to some music, but its just up loud enough so i can barely hear it , waiting for the light to change. Ligh turns green and he doent floor and we both end up rolling out slow to about 15 -20 mph when i hear what sounded like his turbo spooling and i went WOT. To my surprise I looked in my rear view mirror and i had about a one and a half car lengths on him up to 80 when i started slowing down, but that is just my estimate i was just happy he was in the back. Then i took a right at the next light and I saw him turn right to but he never got next to me to give him a thumbs up, so i headed home. Well thats my first kill story post i hope you guys enjoyed it and thanks for reading it.

My Car
1995 Camaro Z28 A4 Hardtop
Edelbrock Shorty Headers and Y Pipe
K&N CAI
No Cats
Flowmaster catback with the muffler cut off and going into a 3in Dynomax Bullet
Not sure of gears since the rear looks like it was replaced by a junkyard one , since it has yellow number on it so i dont know. But the car is suppose to be a 2.73 geared car.Never been to the track so i got no numbers

SRT-4
BOV if cosidered a mod other wise not sure of mods.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 AM
uno
On The Tree

Good kill. The first month my friend had his 03 srt-4(stock), we ran a 97 trans am (stock) from a dig. It was dead even until about 85 then the srt started creeping on the fbody. I was riding in the srt-4 and our other friend was in the back. We got back to the parking lot and the guy was telling us how he was enrolled in the state police academy. Cool that he still raced.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

good kill, from what I hear SRT-4s are hard to launch from a dig, so he probably waited to launch better. But a kill is a kill, nice to see an LT1 still takin newer cars down....