Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

When ricing through traffic goes wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stupid ricers!! Was that I-81 in NY?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
And there you have the reason why people engaging in a speed competition should have their cars taken away.
no, and there you have the reason why people engaged in RECKLESS DRIVING should have their cars taken away. regardless if there was a speed competition or not.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

they were racing? I think I can pedal my bike faster than that! What a bunch of idiots, I didnt know it was possible to be that stupid.....I guess you learn something new each day...
Old 11-18-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like all those suspension mods really did the trick!

that goes to show you that the geometry of a honda civic's suspension is NOT set up for competition, no matter how stiff it's set...
Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They deserved every bit of that...and more.

...and that friends is why we can no longer have any fun on the streets.
Gosh damned ricer ******* ruined it for everyone.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88GTA
no, and there you have the reason why people engaged in RECKLESS DRIVING should have their cars taken away. regardless if there was a speed competition or not.
So your saying people who engage in reckless driving should have their cars taken away? I don't think so. Doing a burnout is reckless driving. You should not lose your car for that. They were engaging in a speed competition no matter how you look at it. I can't say it was a very smart one, but they were.

Unit213 pretty much summed it up. That video is 100% the reason why any type of street racing carries such stiff penalties now. People like that ruined it for everyone else.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Unit213 pretty much summed it up. That video is 100% the reason why any type of street racing carries such stiff penalties now. People like that ruined it for everyone else.
Definitely...and I'm not even talking about full blown street racing...just
going through gears in a spirited fashion now-a-days gets heavy police
attention. Back in the muscle car era, guys would do burnouts right
in front of cops and it was all good.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

thank God they were driving slow *** hondas. they would have been much more of a deadly weapon driving something like an f-body
Old 11-18-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

******* idiots!!!!!!!!!!!! I H A T E RICERS more than anything! ANYTHING!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:43 AM
12 Second Club

So your saying people who engage in reckless driving should have their cars taken away? I don't think so. Doing a burnout is reckless driving. You should not lose your car for that. They were engaging in a speed competition no matter how you look at it. I can't say it was a very smart one, but they were.

burnout is reckless driving? i thought doing a burnout was 'bad' because it marked the pavement / that the law about burnouts had something to do with leaving marks?
You have said your self that people can race responsibly on the street, you even claim to have done so.
i thought reckless driving was things like weaving between lanes, passing on the shoulder, careening through traffic, 'drifting' on public streets, etc. people should get their license pulled for doing that stuff, regardless of whether or not they are racing. these guys were street racing AND they were reckless. It was the recklessness that got them.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Staging Lane

I think burnouts fall under "Excessive Use of Speed" still ticketable, but if the cops a dick Im more than sure he would say it was wreckless driving.

BTW I have a wreckless driving charge on my record and I was doing nothing close to the asshats in the vid. I was actually on a back road doing 70 in a 45 no cars just me cruising, cop was in a unmarked 4x4 bronco siting in a field with no lights on. Saw I was pretty young at the time so he hauled me in and sent my car to the pound.

Do you think I should have permanatly lost my car for that one.....I mean wreckless driving is wreckless driving.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88GTA
burnout is reckless driving? i thought doing a burnout was 'bad' because it marked the pavement / that the law about burnouts had something to do with leaving marks?
You have said your self that people can race responsibly on the street, you even claim to have done so.
i thought reckless driving was things like weaving between lanes, passing on the shoulder, careening through traffic, 'drifting' on public streets, etc. people should get their license pulled for doing that stuff, regardless of whether or not they are racing. these guys were street racing AND they were reckless. It was the recklessness that got them.
I agree with that, and yes, doing any type of burnout is reckless driving. At least here in NC it is.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sportinss
I think burnouts fall under "Excessive Use of Speed" still ticketable, but if the cops a dick Im more than sure he would say it was wreckless driving.

BTW I have a wreckless driving charge on my record and I was doing nothing close to the asshats in the vid. I was actually on a back road doing 70 in a 45 no cars just me cruising, cop was in a unmarked 4x4 bronco siting in a field with no lights on. Saw I was pretty young at the time so he hauled me in and sent my car to the pound.

Do you think I should have permanatly lost my car for that one.....I mean wreckless driving is wreckless driving.
Excessive use of speed wouldn't really make sense in a burnout case. Most people can do a burnout without even moving the car. It's technically considered reckless driving, but thats the serious way of writing it up. If they write it up as excessive speed then be happy because your getting a big break.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with that, and yes, doing any type of burnout is reckless driving. At least here in NC it is.

You are correct. Once, during my high school days, I was riding with my friend in his 4 banger Mustang on the way to a party. He was making a right turn at an intersection and there was sand on the road. His tire barked just a little bit as he was turning. This cop came out of nowhere and cited him for reckless driving. Good thing the cop didn't see the case of beer in the back seat...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Lol, leave it to a honda to lose it going 45 miles an hour.
Speaking of burnouts, i had to "run" from the cops the other day cause i almost got busted for doing donuts. We had a big rain and i was in a wide open parking lots spinning round in circles. I finished up and am starting to leave the parking lot and i see a cop in the parking lot across from the one im in running and waving at me to come here. I pretend like i never saw him and quick made my turn and cut through campus and into a parking garage. I was not about to get a reckless driving ticket for donuts in a wide open parking lot.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

I think the camera car would have been ok if the scented tree freshener wasn't blocking his view.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FLA02TA
I think the camera car would have been ok if the scented tree freshener wasn't blocking his view.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

Old 11-20-2006, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

How do you spin out in a fucken honda? what a fucken tool..
Old 11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

Hey PoP are you still banned from streetfire