Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Scenes from Outlaws "2 Raw" Streetracing DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slick1851
Only non racing tools think like you
I might as well race my stock station wagon and ask for 20 car lengths like that Honda loser on Pinks. Yeah that's so cool.

Only REAL races are run heads up from a dig, not spotting lengths or from a roll. The only non racing tool is yourself.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Vee 6
I might as well race my stock station wagon and ask for 20 car lengths like that Honda loser on Pinks. Yeah that's so cool.

Only REAL races are run heads up from a dig, not spotting lengths or from a roll. The only non racing tool is yourself.

Not All "real" races are ran straight up.. They're must be the law of equivalant exchange.. therefore an evening factor must be added in on some occasions. I'm a big fan of run whatcha brung, and hope you brung enough.. But that can't always be the case. given 10 cars is a bit much.. But he brought that upon himself. I'll give a few cars and the hit on several occasions.. Just so they "think" it's fair for them. That way there is less arguing when money gets handed over. So not all real races are ran heads up.. That's like saying power adders are cheating.. It's ALL PART OF THE GAME.. Go play chutes and ladders if you don't like it!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FormulaFire
Not All "real" races are ran straight up.. They're must be the law of equivalant exchange.. therefore an evening factor must be added in on some occasions. I'm a big fan of run whatcha brung, and hope you brung enough.. But that can't always be the case. given 10 cars is a bit much.. But he brought that upon himself. I'll give a few cars and the hit on several occasions.. Just so they "think" it's fair for them. That way there is less arguing when money gets handed over. So not all real races are ran heads up.. That's like saying power adders are cheating.. It's ALL PART OF THE GAME.. Go play chutes and ladders if you don't like it!

I can agree with some of that. I guess my point was don't get into a race you know you can't win and then start crying about car lengths and such. To me it's a ***** way of "winning" a race. In the case of that video, yes the GN guy brought that on himself with the 10 car spot (he knows better next time). But yes that is part of the game especially with $$$ involved.

I usually raced heads up and if I got sprayed or whatever and lost that's cool with me. I know to bring more next time and not ask for car lengths. If I beat a car because I got spotted some lengths I would never honestly say my car is faster because in reality it's not.

Also I would never consider power adders cheating...hell I've had a few people tell me to take my turbo off and see what happens.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

Also I would never consider power adders cheating...hell I've had a few people tell me to take my turbo off and see what happens.
haha... that's always a good one to hear.. I just say.. yea , just give me 15 minutes and then we'll race.. I would never consider my car "faster" when Winning with lengths given.. Simply just won the race.. But it seems I'm never the one getting the lengths around here. It's a much more complex game then it appears to be.. And the fastest car doesn't always win.. Seen that too many times. That's kinda what makes it fun though I guess.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st of all, chitown has been doing this LONG BEFOR PINKS ever came out!

H town, chitown,NYC,Motown etc are the biggest "real" street racing citys

There is no heads up racing, and there is no such thing as a "Stock" car
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Really I am? Your the one talking about heads up racing

Only people that talk about all racing should be heads up" are people WHO DONT RACE!

Other wise you understand why
Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I can agree with some of that. I guess my point was don't get into a race you know you can't win and then start crying about car lengths and such. To me it's a ***** way of "winning" a race. In the case of that video, yes the GN guy brought that on himself with the 10 car spot (he knows better next time). But yes that is part of the game especially with $$$ involved.

I usually raced heads up and if I got sprayed or whatever and lost that's cool with me. I know to bring more next time and not ask for car lengths. If I beat a car because I got spotted some lengths I would never honestly say my car is faster because in reality it's not.

Ive heard the take your turbo off also BS

FYI MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET! More spots the better! Its all about the money nothing else
Old 12-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FormulaFire
haha... that's always a good one to hear.. I just say.. yea , just give me 15 minutes and then we'll race.. I would never consider my car "faster" when Winning with lengths given.. Simply just won the race.. But it seems I'm never the one getting the lengths around here. It's a much more complex game then it appears to be.. And the fastest car doesn't always win.. Seen that too many times. That's kinda what makes it fun though I guess.

Yup, traction is the key! Sometimes having all that power does no good if you cant put it to the ground.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slick1851
Really I am? Your the one talking about heads up racing

Only people that talk about all racing should be heads up" are people WHO DONT RACE!

Other wise you understand why

LOL, ok stop right there. That's like saying John Force is not a "racer" because all he races is heads up. I guess he doesn't "understand" either. Maybe the NHRA should allow spotting lengths?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL, ok stop right there. That's like saying John Force is not a "racer" because all he races is heads up. I guess he doesn't "understand" either. Maybe the NHRA should allow spotting lengths?

Am I talking about NHRA racing a events?

NO!

IM TALKING ABOUT RACING FOR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Not really familiar with grand nationals, so what did that guy have for an engine, it was really high pitched. I thought people put big blocks in those suckers.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by verve_v
Not really familiar with grand nationals, so what did that guy have for an engine, it was really high pitched. I thought people put big blocks in those suckers.
Hell no, turbo'd buick V6's. V8's are frowned upon.

Just as a disclaimer there are a lot of V8 GN's but thats usually after they've gone as fast as a V6 will take them. And its much cheaper to swap in a V8 then build a whole new car with a V8 in it. I like to think that if cars going faster then 9.0 its okay to have a V8.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Teching In

You have to love a dumbass. I'm sorry...I know my car would've prolly gotten outrun pretty bad, but I be damned if I would've given anybody 10 cars. If you can't run heads up, especially for money, you shouldn't even be there.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Those v6's kick some serious *** in that case.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bigradical
You have to love a dumbass. I'm sorry...I know my car would've prolly gotten outrun pretty bad, but I be damned if I would've given anybody 10 cars. If you can't run heads up, especially for money, you shouldn't even be there.

The owner is not a dumbass at all of the GN......He well known and isnt scared to do a race...
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

They shoulda raced heads up though, the Camaro would be seeing tail lights.

If I was that Camaro guy I wouldn't feel that great about beating a little V6 by only 2 car lengths when he had 10 car length start. Not to mention the GN was driven there and the Camaro was trailered.
the GN guy called him talking **** and gave him 10 cars. I would jump dead on that too. 10 cars is a ******* lot to make up.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 AM
10 Second Club

oh my ******* god this is the street racing section.........people give space and such all the time to slower cars or ask for space from faster cars... thats just how this game is played and i dont think it will ever change

and i really only like heads up races from a dig...........but thats not all i do

AND btw.........i hate it when a ************* asks me a roll race.....i usually just give up about two spots but i get the move.......you smart guys will know whats up with this set-up

props to both owners for some badass cars
Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbeast
the GN guy called him talking **** and gave him 10 cars. I would jump dead on that too. 10 cars is a ******* lot to make up.
+1 fosho!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by verve_v
Just another stock Grand National...Don't let them fool you, they are all stock cuz no one makes any after market go-fast parts for a V6, are you serious?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Tenured Member

Ill give you a summary of this race.

Basically the owner in the Z28 was lighting up the local forums about how we going to wack everyone. He didnt field a car for a while, when we the GN heard it was out (his enemy) he thought it wasnt fully tuned and couldnt make a clean pass. I agreed on that and said the same thing. The Camaro was able to limp it down with a fireball coming out but he got the win. Now the problem was he came back on the board talking about how he wacked the GN but forget to mention he was spotted out 10 cars.

Quick Reply: Scenes from Outlaws "2 Raw" Streetracing DVD