Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 Races: cobra vs. viper, camaro vs. viper, camaro vs. supra

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006 | 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go on to www.azstreetscene.com a lot of us are a on there.
Old 12-17-2006 | 08:34 PM
Teching In

Your car was really nice, and im a big fan of LSx cars, but no need to make excuses next time, and im sorry i didnt properly word my sentence, its not currently equipped in the car..

Last edited by ghettosmurf; 12-17-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2006 | 03:45 AM
Staging Lane

ya i raced the cobra the night before when he was on pump gas, it was a close race, i dont think he was a very good driver, and as for the viper, he was spraying. if i had a video, i could show u, i had multiple people tell me he was, i have friends that have raced him before and told me he had it. the race was for 20$, who cares, i said the viper beat me...not like i said i whooped his ***, but i do think he was spraying and i have many vouchers/ ive raced other vipers on the highway and hung with em a **** load better than what that guy pulled on me. and im sorry? u think im stupid and will race for 100$? wow...the results will be the same. even if he was stock, he woulda taken me, but not that bad. the night u raced the cobra, he claimed to have 484 to the wheels? he hung with u one of the races...no lie, everyone watched it, everyone heard u at WOT. i raced the cobra later on that night and he beat me by like 3-4 cars by 110-120 ish. that viper was 10+ cars in front of me by 110ish to the point where i couldnt even tell how many cars exactly. i'm not an idiot, that guy was spraying. no need to lie about it. i posted my death, hows that an excuse?
Old 12-18-2006 | 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

^^I agree.
I don't understand all the bs flags being raised.....its not like you said you beat him. You told an accurate story and I believe it.
Old 12-18-2006 | 10:21 AM
Teching In

wow...you dont need to post a video. I WAS THERE...how about we bring the car out, and you can spend ALL the time you want looking for a bottle or ANY hoses or switches in relation to NITROUS, or ANY MODS AT ALL!!!

I GARUNTEE you will find NOTHING. Whoever says he has nitrous in the car right now is SIMPLY RETARTED. I could care less who won or lost, im glad you can post that you lost, but stop saying "i only lost because it had a 200 shot"

howbout you search the car, then we do the same race over?

Then the next night, we can do it again

and again

and again

and again. and EVERY TIME you can search the car to see it is BONE STOCK. i dont know how you are going to argue with someone what mods their cars have or dont have.

aren't you friends with the guy with the white FRC with a cam and TNT kit??? ask him if the viper is spraying, they raced, and the FRC won by like 3 cars...if the viper was spraying a 200 shot he would have gotten WALKED LIKE NO OTHER...a 200 shot viper isnt going to be a walk in the park.

The copperhead vipers have something like 3.08 gears. it goes 60 in first gear, 2nd gear is ridiculous. You really expect to hang with one up top? What has your car trapped at the track? with a 1.7 60ft the viper trapped 119mph...how do i know??? BECAUSE I WAS DRIVING!!!! Dont tell me that your all motor stock head ls1 traps even close to that.

so if the cobra puts 4 cars on you, and he put 3 cars on the cobra...thats 7 cars...you said 10 cars...once you get 7 cars out, basically its far...so how can that be an accurate amount?
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

^^Damnit, just as I pass judgement...you seem pretty convincing...
Old 12-18-2006 | 12:16 PM
Teching In

yeah, im not trying to be a dick or anything...i just dont like when people race, and come up with all kinds of excuses and such you know what i mean??? He may very well have been told it has nitrous, but other people dont need to spread such rumors...Im sure him and i know some of the same people. so they should just know that it doesnt have a bottle in it. It was just supposed to be a fun race. Before you guys lined up, i was gonna be like man...this could be close (cuz im always rootin for the LSx, can 4.6 cars haha), no idea why it wasnt closer...
Old 12-18-2006 | 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Nice races and good death to the viper. As for all the nitrous or no nitrous stuff, if the viper was to come for a 1.5 cars back and then pass him and put 10+ cars on him id also suspect nitrous. Im not saying the distances were correct, maybe it was closer, but my best friend works at a local dodge dealership and ive been out in a new viper a few times and its fast as all hell, but thats a HUGE distance to put on a 370-380 rwhp car. Again if he says he doesnt have N20 hooked up then that is one strong running viper or the distances are mixed up. Either way I can only imagine how fast that viper will be with a 200 shot!
Old 12-18-2006 | 12:36 PM
Teching In

im not trying to be a sandbagger lol...i would put a large amount of money down saying the viper was bone stock.

I think the car lengths were slightly skewed...i mean the viper cut 1.7s on runflats...there is no way you got 1.5 cars on us out of the hole, and you werent 10 or more cars back...
Old 12-18-2006 | 02:20 PM
Teching In

what's going on guys. Its the owner of the Viper on my best friends screenname. What my friend is saying is true..no nitrous on the car and will gladly prove it. For the guy who made the thread...um..u sure you're talking about the same race? Not once did u have 2 cars on me. You might have gotten one THIRD of a car at 40mph...but once I hooked it was over. If you're wondering why my car got faster after I clicked out of first gear ill gladly explain. Before we went from a dig I told u my car would and should spin which is why I half throttled it untill the car hooked. I'm still on the shitty runcraps. I have a friend that has a viper with a 200 shot that will race u. I Guarantee he will put more than 10 cars on u. I said it before and I will say it again...im bone stock and will wager anything ur willing to lose that I am. I'm California right now but will be back in town on thursday. maybe we'll get together and **** around on the streets
Old 12-18-2006 | 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Is this where I say "So the truth comes out"?
Old 12-18-2006 | 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ghettosmurf
what's going on guys. Its the owner of the Viper on my best friends screenname. What my friend is saying is true..no nitrous on the car and will gladly prove it. For the guy who made the thread...um..u sure you're talking about the same race? Not once did u have 2 cars on me. You might have gotten one THIRD of a car at 40mph...but once I hooked it was over. If you're wondering why my car got faster after I clicked out of first gear ill gladly explain. Before we went from a dig I told u my car would and should spin which is why I half throttled it untill the car hooked. I'm still on the shitty runcraps. I have a friend that has a viper with a 200 shot that will race u. I Guarantee he will put more than 10 cars on u. I said it before and I will say it again...im bone stock and will wager anything ur willing to lose that I am. I'm California right now but will be back in town on thursday. maybe we'll get together and **** around on the streets

Sounds good to me...always best to get the owner on here as it resolves all issue...your copper viper looks amazing btw, post up some more pics if you ahve them
Old 12-18-2006 | 05:02 PM
Teching In

What does it matter, he said he lost. He has a right to an opinion on who he lost.
Old 12-18-2006 | 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

i can have my own opinions and im sure u were spraying, and u wont change my mind. The race was for 20$ that someone else put on the line for me, i didn't care, thats why i raced, i didn't expect to win anyways, but all of this **** is here-say, just drop it now, its so pointless to start all this bs and drama, and im not going to put no damn money on a race i know i'll lose, i ******* lost and i said i lost, don't get all pissed off. if being able to see headlight in my passengar mirror isnt at least a car in a half then what is it? Ya and its hard to accuratly tell how far back you are when theres that much distance, but he was really far. last time i checked 10 cars in an ESTIMATED quarter mile is a lot of distance(i shut down at 110). The guy in the viper was cool as hell and i have no **** with him, really nice car too, but i have a right to my opinion, and his friends getting on here getting all pissed saying i'm making an excuse. An excuse is a reason to why something happens, i lost by that much because im sure he sprayed me, that would be my excuse, believe or not i really don't care, someone lock this thread and drop the whole thing. Lastly, i don't know how many times i have to tell you to get it through your head, i know a stock viper can pull me, but not like that.

1.7 60 ft. times doesnt mean **** when your on the street, its all different.

Last edited by SSilver Bullet; 12-18-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2006 | 06:21 PM
Teching In

im just trying to clear it up for the people on the board. and AGAIN i could care less who won or not...

the OWNER of the car even posted in here. You must have a thick skull. Yeah he's a cool dude, and maybe to you its "no biggie" that you are telling everyone that you lost to a orange 200 shot viper...but what about if he runs into someone else and loses, and they think they broke off a nitrous viper hahaha, they are sadly mistaken. Then what if he tries to have a money race, and "word on the street" is he has NNNAAWWWZZ, then once again, the person wont run him.

stop posting these ludacris rumors. Tell you what, lets get this on video. You can take an entire day searching the vehicle for ANY trace or hint of nitrous, then directly after line em up again, still on video and see what happens. This will clear up ANY nitrous debate. WE dont even gotta do it for money...and of course we r gnona come on you and clown you, when youre cool n **** in person, then you come on here like you got beat "only cuz he had nitrous"

The issue isnt weather you won or lost, its saying that this particuluar car has 200+ more hp than it really has.

and yaeh a 1.7 60ft doesnt mean ****, cuz SPEEDWORLD SUCKS it actually hooks better on the street hahaha
Old 12-18-2006 | 07:30 PM
Launching!

I think it's pretty clear that his car didnt have Nitros....

I have owned a cammed C5 with 378 rwhp and also a gen 2 viper with stock 410 rwhp...

My stock gen 2 would destroy my cammed LS1....And a gen 3 Viper like the one you raced with around 445 rwhp would have ate my 378 rwhp LS1 for dinner...

This viper in question seems to have trapped 119 mph bone stock by atleaste one person on this thread....

Can a cam only bolt on LS1 trapp any were near that?????

In all honesty, Ive read of many Fbodies trapping around 105 mph with the stock 300 rwhp and then around 120 mph in the 1/4 mile with 7 pounds of boost and 450 rwhp from a supercharger...

My viper has the same problem with going from a dig..i have to baby it at an 1/4 throttle till around 20 mph and then around 25 mph lay into it halfway and finaly around 30 mph lay into the throttle slowy till it hits the floor....

I know 410 rwhp is nonthing special but 465 rwt is pretty hard to control till around 30 mph...And the gen3's 490 rwt is even harder...

If this guy had sprayed you it would be an 380 rwhp car verses an 650 rwhp car...And he would have left you like the hand of god
Old 12-18-2006 | 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

ok ok...you win, you convinced me, he doesn't have nitrous, i was wrong! sorry for confusing everyone with my bullshit! If u ever do run into him on the streets he's completely bone stock, but his friend said he has a nitrous kit sitting at home, so now every knows he really does have NAAAAAWWWWWWWZZZZZZ on the way. k case closed
Old 12-18-2006 | 08:57 PM
Teching In

oh BTW silver bullitt, can you post some pictures of your car?
Old 12-18-2006 | 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

why?

Last edited by SSilver Bullet; 12-19-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2006 | 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

sounds like a great night to me all i see is rice and my buddies m3. cheers