Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
wow that car sounds like a serious waste of time and money.

The age old saying applies here more than to any civic: at the end of the day you're driving a HYUNDAI ELANTRA.

shake this one off.....you cant win them all.

Hey, I'm not on here to start ****, but I'm the one that owns the hyundai. I thought I'd come on here and let you guys know what the deal was and I saw some hatin'. It's understandable coming from big v8 guys who still get whooped up on by 4g63 powered vehicles. Anytime your in the neighborhood, I'd love to make a pass with you and show you how much of a waste of time and money it was. Course you'd go home crying.

The deal is it's an awd set up out of a talon. Nothing a welder and a sawsall couldn't take care of. It really didn't cost me all that much at all. Maybe $4 grand in the whole project including set up. Car makes roughly 550wheel and weights 2500 lbs. Horse power to weight is key in this project. Plus it hooks. I also have a pretty fast talon too.

It was fun playing around with you specialized.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Sounds like one hell of a car. Too bad it had to be an Elantra.
The whole point was so you wouldn't ever expect it. And it's a 96 so it's not the older ones that are easily swappable with dsm parts.

This car's motor started out on the opposite side of the engine bay

I could have done it with any car, but I chose an elantra. It's the purest form of a sleeper.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28adiction
Actually its not impossible to convert a car to awd that has never been. I used to talk to a guy that was building a VW corrato with the R32 engine and transmission and through the awd system fron teh R32 in teh corrot and it was turboed with 600 AWHP very nasty.
I have been following his build on VwVortex for a while, it's definitelly a badass car. Here's a link to his buildup http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2160306
Old 12-17-2006, 05:39 PM
FTW
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2point2fast
The whole point was so you wouldn't ever expect it. And it's a 96 so it's not the older ones that are easily swappable with dsm parts.

This car's motor started out on the opposite side of the engine bay

I could have done it with any car, but I chose an elantra. It's the purest form of a sleeper.
Why not a galant vr4? Hell afterall, nobody would expect anything because its a galant.. lol
Old 12-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FTW
Why not a galant vr4? Hell afterall, nobody would expect anything because its a galant.. lol

I've had four of them (galant vr4's) I've had a green, white, and two black ones. They are comfortable cars, but they are heavy and a lot of people do know they exist.. I also have a 89 mirage with a 4g63 that went 11.1 ..but the hyundai is definitely by far the best one. I love the look on people's faces when they get smoked by a hyundai.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

Hey, I'm not on here to start ****, but I'm the one that owns the hyundai. I thought I'd come on here and let you guys know what the deal was and I saw some hatin'. It's understandable coming from big v8 guys who still get whooped up on by 4g63 powered vehicles. Anytime your in the neighborhood, I'd love to make a pass with you and show you how much of a waste of time and money it was. Course you'd go home crying.

The deal is it's an awd set up out of a talon. Nothing a welder and a sawsall couldn't take care of. It really didn't cost me all that much at all. Maybe $4 grand in the whole project including set up. Car makes roughly 550wheel and weights 2500 lbs. Horse power to weight is key in this project. Plus it hooks. I also have a pretty fast talon too.

It was fun playing around with you specialized.
Your name is 2point2fast...you registered this month and have zero posts..and yet you come on here talking **** about your shitbox with a claimed "550WHP" and weighing "2500lbs". Let me be the first to call BULLSHIT, you stupid ricers are unbelieveable. If anyone actually listed to you you'd all be making a claimed 600+WHP in a 1200lb car with nothing but a downpipe.

Its so ridiculous its funny, it truly is. A good idea would be for you to stop posting this crap and just leave, nobody finds you amusing, trust me.

The only one who would be "crying" after a race would be you, when your crappy riceburner gets smoked by a stock F-Body. Ricers are like the plague, they spead around the Domestic forums whenever thier shitty cars get talked down, get a life.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

LOL, I'm surprised u 2 frequent this board, nice to see you on here turbo tony, wait'll the guys who can't stand any and all imports like transaminal see this thread, I can't wait to see where this is gonna go.

edit: Ha, I spoke too soon, he hit the send button right before me. Pay no attention to him he's had a stick up his *** all his life from loosing to imports all day, ANY and EVERY thread that involve's an import he will come in and bitch and moan how they are all rice and how mommy forgot to give him a dyper change all week....kiiids ya know...
Old 12-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Listen buddy, I'm the furthest from a ricer. I own a mustang and I also have several shelby vehicles. I like different cars. If you'd really like to know, I can email you pictures, dyno sheets, track times, etc. I also own an 800whp Talon. Don't believe me? Ask anyone in CT. Sign up on CCDSM.net and ask anyone. In fact, my talon is ride of the month for that site right now so you don't even have to sign up to look at it.

The hyundai DOES weight 2500lbs (weighed it) and it DOES make 550whp. You think your stock camaro/firebird will beat my car? I'll bet any amount of money that you will lose. You are the epitomy of a GM/v8 owner.

My elantra looks like your grandmothers. The car was done to look like a normal, everyday car. The only thing that gives it away is the fmic. No rice here buddy.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

I also own an 800whp Talon. Don't believe me? Ask anyone in CT.
Doesn't have to be CT just ask any dsm board, you won the shootout last year remember? lol. But your post will go right over his head anyway, I think he fell and hit his head against an import car when he was younger or something cause he hate's them with a passion, all he's gonna do is reply talking **** about imports in general and how they are rice, doesn't matter if it's the fastest one in the world there's just no arguing with some people, it's like talking to a thick *** wall.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:26 PM
FTW
Teching In

I've had four of them (galant vr4's) I've had a green, white, and two black ones. They are comfortable cars, but they are heavy and a lot of people do know they exist.. I also have a 89 mirage with a 4g63 that went 11.1 ..but the hyundai is definitely by far the best one. I love the look on people's faces when they get smoked by a hyundai.
Yea some people know about them, some dont.. Im trying to sell mine right now (dirt cheap too).. Hope to have another one soon though once I sell this one.. Got any pics of your elantra?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Teching In

If you weren't so far away I'd love to take a look at the galant. I don't have any pics of the elantra yet, but I can snap some if you'd like. People have taken tons of vids/pics of it street racing .. but I don't have any copies.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
wow that car sounds like a serious waste of time and money.

The age old saying applies here more than to any civic: at the end of the day you're driving a HYUNDAI ELANTRA.

shake this one off.....you cant win them all.

I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure, most people around here, including myself think that this car is priceless. I mean think about it, imagine having a car that can destroy sti's, evo's, camaro SS's, ws6's firebirds, cobra's, viper's, and the car looks like a absolutely stock hyundai elantra minus the fmic in the front (people sometime's think it's just a cheap ebay turbokit). Sure you could buy yourself any of the car's I mentioned and be like everyone else but whats the fun in that. Just something to think about, he could have easily gotten a v8 and twin turbo'd or do w/e he does best to extract power from them, but you can't get the same reaction from rich car owner's who can't believe their eye's when a hyundai elantra runs em down or outlaunch's them when the race is from a stop. It's funny cause they usually end up thinking something's wrong with their car.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
FTW
Teching In

If you weren't so far away I'd love to take a look at the galant. I don't have any pics of the elantra yet, but I can snap some if you'd like. People have taken tons of vids/pics of it street racing .. but I don't have any copies.
that sucks.. Are you on dsmtalk?

<--stillbroke (lol, kind of ironic)
Old 12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
their is no difference in someone modding a civic/f-body/mustang/ hyundai/ or swapping engines or changing from rwd/fwd to awd ect. every one of us is doing something that really isnt needed and quiet honestly a waste of money in the end. so why bash someone else because they have a different opinion and idea of how they wish to spend their money on a car. people that fit this category of trying to say their reason for modding makes more sense ect.. you my friend are the definition of a Ricer.

i was refering to his statement when he said "I dont think its any worse than putting an ls1 into a rx7"........

i never said i was against engine swaps or conversions, read my post again
or else i wouldnt be swapping an lsx engine into my third gen
Old 12-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FTW
that sucks.. Are you on dsmtalk?

<--stillbroke (lol, kind of ironic)

No .. Don't frequent the internet often. My girlfriend is on a few forums. Mostly CT forums though.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2001z
You can but why? Waste of perfectly good money to me.

Modding any car is a waste of money, unless you own a supra which seems to be the only car to hold it's value even modded, whether you mod a cobra, ls1, ls7, or a 4 banger, kiss that money goodbye cause you'll never get your money back. You would actually have more of a chance of getting your money back from a 4 banger because they are much cheaper to mod, not to mention less on insurance.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Modding any car is a waste of money, unless you own a supra which seems to be the only car to hold it's value even modded, whether you mod a cobra, ls1, ls7, or a 4 banger, kiss that money goodbye cause you'll never get your money back. You would actually have more of a chance of getting your money back from a 4 banger because they are much cheaper to mod, not to mention less on insurance.
Since when are 4 bangers cheaper to mod?? Are you serious?? You need F/I in order to even make a 4 banger perform, which is thousands of dollars and tons of headaches right there. Even STI's and Evos are more expensive to mod than LS1's, a good (relative term, still sounds like ****) exhaust for an STI is $800, intake is $300, cams are $1200, and upgraded turbos can be a couple grand.

You must be smoking something, because you are a complete idiot
Old 12-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
LOL, I'm surprised u 2 frequent this board, nice to see you on here turbo tony, wait'll the guys who can't stand any and all imports like transaminal see this thread, I can't wait to see where this is gonna go.

edit: Ha, I spoke too soon, he hit the send button right before me. Pay no attention to him he's had a stick up his *** all his life from loosing to imports all day, ANY and EVERY thread that involve's an import he will come in and bitch and moan how they are all rice and how mommy forgot to give him a dyper change all week....kiiids ya know...
Says the toolbag import troll with 5 posts in 8 months. I've never lost to an import, a fast import is a rare sight. About 1/100 imports is actually fast enough to hang with an LS1. All you do is "bitch and moan" about me disrespecting Jap crap on an F-Body site, you are a moron.

Just stop posting, its a waste of space.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:55 PM
FTW
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAminal
Since when are 4 bangers cheaper to mod?? Are you serious?? You need F/I in order to even make a 4 banger perform, which is thousands of dollars and tons of headaches right there. Even STI's and Evos are more expensive to mod than LS1's, a good (relative term, still sounds like ****) exhaust for an STI is $800, intake is $300, cams are $1200, and upgraded turbos can be a couple grand.

You are correct on the point that modding evo's and sti's are expensive, but since when are new model cars not expensive to mod?

You can turbo a civic (a decent turbo kit) from anywhere between 1500-2000 and it will go from a 16 sec car to a 13 sec car (still slow though).. And its not really hard to put a turbo kit on a civic (hell of alot easier then most cars are to mod)...
Old 12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransAminal

Again, just like in all the previous threads, you have no clue as to what your talking about. How much money do you think it'll take to turbo your ls1, honestly. I could tell you how much people have turbo'd their civic's for but you wouldn't believe me. His modded Hyundai probably cost less than your stock car and will run you down any day of the week, by the time you've modded your car to keep up with him on top of trying to get that power to the ground, he will have put a down payment on his house, prob have money left over for a nice new jacuzzi, and live a nice coasy life with his girlfriend.

Quick Reply: Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.