Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Modding any car is a waste of money, unless you own a supra which seems to be the only car to hold it's value even modded, whether you mod a cobra, ls1, ls7, or a 4 banger, kiss that money goodbye cause you'll never get your money back. You would actually have more of a chance of getting your money back from a 4 banger because they are much cheaper to mod, not to mention less on insurance.
not nessarly....if you go to any good guys car show and you see an lsx swapped old school muscle car (69 camaro) they hold there value very well....... i havnt heard of 2 many people spending big bucks on buying a highly modified 4 bangers, im not agreeing with trans animal im jsut saying its an uncommon sight here in the northern california frmo what ive seen.

some ls-1's still go for over $23,000.......depending on the mileage and model, heck ive seen a 2002 anniversary SS go for $35,000
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM
FTW
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAminal
What the hell...the whole damn thread has been overrun by ricer morons who joined today and have no posts.

You're honestly going to say that converting an Elantra, a vehicle which was never designed to have power going to the rear wheels, to be AWD is easy?? Are you seriously mentally retarded?? That is one hell of a project, even for a professional. Good luck getting everything to line up properly and mount, I doubt there's even adequate room for a transfer case on the undercarriage of an Elantra. Thats a ridiculous amount of custom work and fabbing.

Anyone who wastes their time making a Hyundai Elantra AWD has no life and seriously needs to consider what the hell is wrong with them, because you'd have to be a real dumbass.
fyi: The 4g63 transfer case doesnt go on the undercarriage because its actually still in the engine bay..
Old 12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

transanimal cut it out, a fast car is a fast car .....some of them jsut dont have a bowtie on them nowadays

its not the end of the world
Old 12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2point2fast
I don't need to lie .. and if you ever come to CT . . take a minute to stop and think the next time you sit at a stop light and a blue elantra pulls up next to you. You're going to get your *** handed to you. My car eats small block v8's for lunch. I've done something no one else has done . .. made an elantra awd. I am the furthest thing to a ricer and I ******* hate ricers.

What do you run in the 1/4?
You gotta be the dumbest bastard on this site. Making an Elantra fast and converting it to AWD....if I ever saw you in person I would laugh in your face for being such a tool. Its a shitty economy car, not a race car, yet like a typical ricer, you try and make it into something its not. Complete waste of time and money, because no matter how fast it may be, its still a shitbox Hyundai Elantra. You could beat me by 10 car lengths, I'd just sit there and laugh, because I'd still be driving a nice muscle car, and you'd be driving a little ricebox that sound like *** and looks just as bad. Nobody respects a car like that, its garbage and a waste of fuel to even bother racing you.

Your car eats Small blocks for lunch huh...wow, real creative. I'd like to see your piece of **** eat an LS7 "for lunch". And since you've got a swap, lets say the LS7 is in a Solstice, made possible by Mallet Conversions. Then your little riceburner gets raped like its going backwards, and its hilarious. Not to mention I could probalby beat you on my bicycle, considering an AWD Elantra running 28PSI is about as reliable as a Yugo.

You're done something nobody else has been dumb enough to do. If you're proud of that, then congrats, I still say you're a moron.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

You gotta be the dumbest bastard on this site. Making an Elantra fast and converting it to AWD....if I ever saw you in person I would laugh in your face for being such a tool. Its a shitty economy car, not a race car, yet like a typical ricer, you try and make it into something its not. Complete waste of time and money, because no matter how fast it may be, its still a shitbox Hyundai Elantra. You could beat me by 10 car lengths, I'd just sit there and laugh, because I'd still be driving a nice muscle car, and you'd be driving a little ricebox that sound like *** and looks just as bad. Nobody respects a car like that, its garbage and a waste of fuel to even bother racing you.

Your car eats Small blocks for lunch huh...wow, real creative. I'd like to see your piece of **** eat an LS7 "for lunch". And since you've got a swap, lets say the LS7 is in a Solstice, made possible by Mallet Conversions. Then your little riceburner gets raped like its going backwards, and its hilarious. Not to mention I could probalby beat you on my bicycle, considering an AWD Elantra running 28PSI is about as reliable as a Yugo.

You're done something nobody else has been dumb enough to do. If you're proud of that, then congrats, I still say you're a moron.
Too bad it's too big for the sig!
Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GMmexican
transanimal cut it out, a fast car is a fast car .....some of them jsut dont have a bowtie on them nowadays

its not the end of the world
It doesn't matter how fast it is if its a piece of ****. You can make any car fast, its the nice cars that are fast that deserve respect. Hence the reason I respect Domestics and European cars. Everything from Fords to Ferarris, if its a nice car and its fast, then it deserves respect. Any toolbag ricer can stick a turbo on an economy car, thats nothing special at all. Its merely a waste of time and money trying to make an economy car go fast.

Thats also the reason I really don't like Jap cars. Their idea of a "nice", fast car is a 4 door economy sedan with a huge wing and a turbo 4 banger - and thats still stock. Thats not a nice car, its a riced out piece of garbage, and it doesn't deserve my respect at all.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Teching In

What the hell...the whole damn thread has been overrun by ricer morons who joined today and have no posts.

You're honestly going to say that converting an Elantra, a vehicle which was never designed to have power going to the rear wheels, to be AWD is easy?? Are you seriously mentally retarded?? That is one hell of a project, even for a professional. Good luck getting everything to line up properly and mount, I doubt there's even adequate room for a transfer case on the undercarriage of an Elantra. Thats a ridiculous amount of custom work and fabbing.

Anyone who wastes their time making a Hyundai Elantra AWD has no life and seriously needs to consider what the hell is wrong with them, because you'd have to be a real dumbass.
I do frequent these forums almost daily but I rarely ever post, I just read threads and use the search function.

I also dont see how anyone can agree with you based on your mechanical understand of a DSM awd drivetrain, since you do not know how the transfer case is mounted nor do you know the size of any of the related parts.

I have nothing against any type of car, 4 banger, v8, v6, supercharged, turbo , N/A whatever, but hell it just kind of makes me mad when someone as ignorant as you can run your mouth about things you really dont know anything about.

I'm sure tony wouldnt have a problem paying for your gas and time lost if you come up to CT and beat him.

EDIT: And nobody we associate with has a "huge wing and mad tyte windshield washer lights, yo"

Ive seen plenty of domestics and european cars with body kits and wings, does that still make them ok in your book? And what about jap cars that came turbo from the factory, does that make them ricers as well?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Too bad it's too big for the sig!
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

some people just have different taste dude, cant u accept that?

if you really want to help GM and the future of the f-body, buy 600,000 new camaros when they come out in 2008 other wise be more proffesional and respectfull , your just going to get banned eventually if you keep it up
Old 12-17-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2point2fast

Undoubtingly the small block 350 engine is the most dominant engine there probably ever was as far as v8's go for the money. But I'm sorry to let you in on a lil secret. It's almost 2007 and the 4g63 engine is our generations small block.

The ELANTRA I built didn't cost me much at all. The most I spent was on the car, which wasn't much at all, and the rest of the parts I had lying around. I did all the work myself.
no need to take it personal, you do seem to come off a bit cocky..and i wouldnt call the GM small block slow and outdated by any means
Old 12-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Reading through this again, I verify my point that you're pretty much ignorant, since you still havent realized that it isn't an elantra motor anymore.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bushy
Reading through this again, I verify my point that you're pretty much ignorant, since you still havent realized that it isn't an elantra motor anymore.

Thanks.
are u talking to me?........ there u go again making assumptions and saying things i didnt say

YES i know its a DSM motor!!!!!!!!!!!! which i am a big fan of
Old 12-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bushy
I do frequent these forums almost daily but I rarely ever post, I just read threads and use the search function.

I also dont see how anyone can agree with you based on your mechanical understand of a DSM awd drivetrain, since you do not know how the transfer case is mounted nor do you know the size of any of the related parts.

I have nothing against any type of car, 4 banger, v8, v6, supercharged, turbo , N/A whatever, but hell it just kind of makes me mad when someone as ignorant as you can run your mouth about things you really dont know anything about.

I'm sure tony wouldnt have a problem paying for your gas and time lost if you come up to CT and beat him.

EDIT: And nobody we associate with has a "huge wing and mad tyte windshield washer lights, yo"
Sorry, I don't study the shitty drivetrain layout of the DSM for fun. If the transfer case is in the front, then whatever. I honestly don't care.

It makes me mad when ricers like you run your mouths about things you don't have a clue about. Some moron, we won't mention any names, claimed his riced out Hyundai Elantra "Eats Small block Chevys for lunch". If thats not the dumbest and most uneducated statement I've ever heard, then I honestly don't know what is, because that's just downright retarded.

And despite your denial, the "import tuner" (Jap crap) ricer crowd you hang out with is into "huge wing and mad tyte wiper lights yo". Hell, look at the Evo and STI, they both come with massive, hugely disproportionate wings STOCK. Thats says something about the crowd they are catering to, ricers like that ****, and you're obviously one of them. If you associate with those people, then you will be labeled as such, regardless of what you personally believe or what your personal tastes are.

Last edited by TransAminal; 12-17-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned

some people just have different taste dude, cant u accept that?

if you really want to help GM and the future of the f-body, buy 600,000 new camaros when they come out in 2008 other wise be more proffesional and respectfull , your just going to get banned eventually if you keep it up
You are missing the big picture here.

I can totally accept that people have different tastes. If everyone drive the same car it would be very boring. However, take a step back and look at where we are.

We are on LS1Tech, a place for discussion about LS1's and F-Bodies, and here is this moron ricer trolling about how awesome his shitbox Hyundai Elantra is because he magically "converted it to AWD" and "swapped in a 4G63".

If he likes his car then thats fine, but this isn't the place to brag about it. Not is it the place to claim that the 4G63 is somehow "todays Chevy smallblock" (thats just retarded and a disgrace to GM and America as a whole) or talk **** about how his Hyundai economy car "eats small block V8s for lunch". Thats just arrogant and completely baseless, which is the reason I'm posting.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Haha, wholy **** transanalfag is in such denial it looks like he's about to break his computer monitor. Dude I'm starting to feel sorry for you, you need to seek professional help...seriously count to 10 backwards...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Banned

Haha, wholy **** transanalfag is in such denial it looks like he's about to break his computer monitor. Dude I'm starting to feel sorry for you, you need to seek professional help...seriously count to 10 backwards...
You are the asswipe that started in with me. How quickly you forget.

You're probably sitting in front of your computer crying, because you got made fun of an proven wrong and you have no comeback. So instead of making another stupid rant, all you can say is "you need professional help". As if thats even relevent to anything.

Just leave, you're completely worthless. Maybe next time you won't open your big mouth.

Real creative with the names there too 15 year old, come back when you get your permit you little queer
Old 12-17-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are missing the big picture here.

I can totally accept that people have different tastes. If everyone drive the same car it would be very boring. However, take a step back and look at where we are.

We are on LS1Tech, a place for discussion about LS1's and F-Bodies, and here is this moron ricer trolling about how awesome his shitbox Hyundai Elantra is because he magically "converted it to AWD" and "swapped in a 4G63".

If he likes his car then thats fine, but this isn't the place to brag about it. Not is it the place to claim that the 4G63 is somehow "todays Chevy smallblock" (thats just retarded and a disgrace to GM and America as a whole) or talk **** about how his Hyundai economy car "eats small block V8s for lunch". Thats just arrogant and completely baseless, which is the reason I'm posting.
i know what your trying to say, its his money his car let him do what he wants

its always intresting to see all the different swaps and configurations in a 4g63

its not like he did this>
Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Hey, retard, who started this thread? An ls1 owner, the other owner just came in to shed some light on his car, who's fault is it your in such denial and don't wanna read about his car, your the troll that came in here giving him ****.

What the hell do you have to do with this thread anyway, you don't like the cars that were racing just don't reply, are you that thick headed? ****** moron...you don't even know what the hell your talking about, seriously wtf is this guy yapping about, how much bs can you pull out of your *** before it get's too sore, just stop posting your nonesense.

If you have an opinion that's fine but to reply over and over with the same opinion and then mix in your bullshit about the car like you know wtf your yapping on and on about, you've posted so much bs in this thread that if anyone clicks it their monitor is gonna smell funny. Cut the ****, all you are is a keyboard warrior you haven't a clue about anything.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned

i know what your trying to say, its his money his car let him do what he wants
Exactly. If he likes it then good for him, thats awesome, but nobody wants to hear him trolling about it on LS1Tech and disrespecting our cars.

He can go to a Hyundai or Mitsubitchi forum with the other ricers if he wants to brag about his car, I'm sure they would actually give a rats *** over there.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Banned

Hey, retard, who started this thread? An ls1 owner, the other owner just came in to shed some light on his car, who's fault is it your in such denial and don't wanna read about his car, your the troll that came in here giving him ****.

What the hell do you have to do with this thread anyway, you don't like the cars that were racing just don't reply, are you that thick headed? ****** moron...you don't even know what the hell your talking about, seriously wtf is this guy yapping about, how much bs can you pull out of your *** before it get's too sore, just stop posting your nonesense.

If you have an opinion that's fine but to reply over and over with the same opinion and then mix in your bullshit about the car like you know wtf your yapping on and on about, you've posted so much bs in this thread that if anyone clicks it their monitor is gonna smell funny. Cut the ****, all you are is a keyboard warrior you haven't a clue about anything.
Haha this is hilarious. You finally lost it

First you're trying to be Mr. Serious, and I prove you wrong and show you up to be a moron ricer. You can't back and of your **** up or the **** of your fellow ricers, so you give up.

Then you play the "your crazy" card to try and discredit me by saying I'm going overboard. Yet you and your ricer friends are the ones posting all this bullshit about your Jap crap on LS1Tech. Once again, you lose.

So now you just go off on a meaningless rant about how your riceboy friend should be allowed to brag about his shitbox car without anyone questioning him, and then you call names and drop F-bombs to try and make yourself look like a badass. Like I said, you're 15 years old, give it up already.

Do everyone a favor, take my advice, and stop posting. It would be better for everyone

Quick Reply: Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.