Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAminal
You are the asswipe that started in with me. How quickly you forget.

Your name is 2point2fast...you registered this month and have zero posts..and yet you come on here talking **** about your shitbox with a claimed "550WHP" and weighing "2500lbs". Let me be the first to call BULLSHIT, you stupid ricers are unbelieveable. If anyone actually listed to you you'd all be making a claimed 600+WHP in a 1200lb car with nothing but a downpipe.

Its so ridiculous its funny, it truly is. A good idea would be for you to stop posting this crap and just leave, nobody finds you amusing, trust me.

The only one who would be "crying" after a race would be you, when your crappy riceburner gets smoked by a stock F-Body. Ricers are like the plague, they spead around the Domestic forums whenever thier shitty cars get talked down, get a life.
That was your first post, right before my first post. I knew you'd come in talking your **** before I even saw your reply.

Again why are you repeating your bs over and over again, we heard you loud and clear the first 3 page's that you think the car is crap and are in denial that it'd beat an ls1. Any thread that has any sign of an import you turn to ****, your a waste of this place's bandwidth.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
That was your first post, right before my first post. I knew you'd come in talking your **** before I even saw your reply.

Again why are you repeating your bs over and over again, we heard you loud and clear the first 3 page's that you think the car is crap and are in denial that it'd beat an ls1. Any thread that has any sign of an import you turn to ****, your a waste of this place's bandwidth.
Like I said, you started in with me. I didn't even address you until you went and started talking ****.

I never even said it wouldn't beat an LS1 you moron, don't put words in my mouth. Obviously if he's running 11's (what he claims, who knows, hes a ricer) then he would beat a stock LS1, thats a given. However, an LS1 could be made just as fast or faster, without even using F/I, while still being reliable and streetable, for less money, and it would actually looks good, unlike his riced out Elantra. Point made.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Haha this is hilarious. You finally lost it

First you're trying to be Mr. Serious, and I prove you wrong and show you up to be a moron ricer.

So now you just go off on a meaningless rant
Sorry, I don't study the shitty drivetrain layout of the DSM for fun. If the transfer case is in the front, then whatever. I honestly don't care.

Yeah ok there buddy, you sure proved us wrong, and we're the one's going off on meaningless rants? lmao...I'm done here there's really nothing more that needs to be said, you've proved to the world why it's important to stay in school, give yourself a pat on the back.

edit: Oh and before I go...

I never even said it wouldn't beat an LS1 you moron, don't put words in my mouth.

The only one who would be "crying" after a race would be you, when your crappy riceburner gets smoked by a stock F-Body.
However, an LS1 could be made just as fast or faster, without even using F/I, while still being reliable and streetable, for less money, and it would actually looks good, unlike his riced out Elantra. Point made.
Also the whole "point" of this car, or the definition of a sleeper...is way over your head...so yeaa..i'm done.

Last edited by jimmy169; 12-18-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

in before the>>>>>.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Yeah ok there buddy, you sure proved us wrong, and we're the one's going off on meaningless rants? lmao...I'm done here there's really nothing more that needs to be said, you've proved to the world why it's important to stay in school, give yourself a pat on the back.

edit: Oh and before I go...
Let us know when you finish middle school, you'll be probably be there until you're 20

I didn't know where the transfer case was on a DSM because I don't own nor work on those cars. I think they are a complete waste of time, so why would I know or care where the transfer case is?? Pointless.

As for the quote, nice try. I was implying that 2pointy2faggy was lying and that his Elantra was stock, since I didn't think anyone was retarded enough to actually convert one to AWD and swap out the engine. I'm still not convinced, its just unbelieveable that anyone would waste their time or money on a pointless project like that. He claims he's in the 11's, I implied that his car was merely a riced out Elantra, big difference between his claims and reality.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

You gotta be the dumbest bastard on this site. Making an Elantra fast and converting it to AWD....if I ever saw you in person I would laugh in your face for being such a tool. Its a shitty economy car, not a race car, yet like a typical ricer, you try and make it into something its not. Complete waste of time and money, because no matter how fast it may be, its still a shitbox Hyundai Elantra. You could beat me by 10 car lengths, I'd just sit there and laugh, because I'd still be driving a nice muscle car, and you'd be driving a little ricebox that sound like *** and looks just as bad. Nobody respects a car like that, its garbage and a waste of fuel to even bother racing you.

Your car eats Small blocks for lunch huh...wow, real creative. I'd like to see your piece of **** eat an LS7 "for lunch". And since you've got a swap, lets say the LS7 is in a Solstice, made possible by Mallet Conversions. Then your little riceburner gets raped like its going backwards, and its hilarious. Not to mention I could probalby beat you on my bicycle, considering an AWD Elantra running 28PSI is about as reliable as a Yugo.

You're done something nobody else has been dumb enough to do. If you're proud of that, then congrats, I still say you're a moron.

i dont care who you are thats funny right there....
Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bowtieforpower
i dont care who you are thats funny right there....
Yeah, I tried to put it in my sig. lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

OK so reading through this thread i must say i have laughed a bit. im not here to argue just to make a comment. first off i must say that i do like fast cars. i also like nice cars. to me an elantra isnt a nice car....BUT...IT IS(his car) a great sleeper car which is what this guy is talking about. i would love to drive around and smoke some people in it to. it would be freakin great. you cant deny the fact that it is a great sleeper car. on the other hand i know what you guys are saying about "its still an elantra". Also its this guys car, its his money, and if he wants to spend it on a car like that and make it fast, then great. theres no sense in downing a dudes car like that. obviously if you like f-bodies then you are going to favor them over other cars, but who cares? let other people do what they want. I do have to say though that I wouldnt go as far as trying to put down the ls1. Sure the swap was good and made your car fast, but look at it stock....seriously it is a pos and you cant deny that.....then look at the f-body stock. the f-body stock against the stock elantra....come on now...sure you can make anything fast so before going and talking crap about the ls1 think about some things. anyone could do the same with an f-body....swap motors, turbo whatever.. and beat the elantra. guess my point is, give credit where credit is due, but dont get arrogant.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bowtieforpower
OK so reading through this thread i must say i have laughed a bit. im not here to argue just to make a comment. first off i must say that i do like fast cars. i also like nice cars. to me an elantra isnt a nice car....BUT...IT IS(his car) a great sleeper car which is what this guy is talking about. i would love to drive around and smoke some people in it to. it would be freakin great. you cant deny the fact that it is a great sleeper car. on the other hand i know what you guys are saying about "its still an elantra". Also its this guys car, its his money, and if he wants to spend it on a car like that and make it fast, then great. theres no sense in downing a dudes car like that. obviously if you like f-bodies then you are going to favor them over other cars, but who cares? let other people do what they want. I do have to say though that I wouldnt go as far as trying to put down the ls1. Sure the swap was good and made your car fast, but look at it stock....seriously it is a pos and you cant deny that.....then look at the f-body stock. the f-body stock against the stock elantra....come on now...sure you can make anything fast so before going and talking crap about the ls1 think about some things. anyone could do the same with an f-body....swap motors, turbo whatever.. and beat the elantra. guess my point is, give credit where credit is due, but dont get arrogant.
couldnt have said it better myself..............
Old 12-18-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had originally taken up for the hyundai before the gayness started... but... lets not get caried away. an F-body looks better/ is more reliable/ has more potential/ and unfortauntely even if you did only weigh 2500 lbs and have 500awp.. their are alot of ls1s with weight reduction and pushing way more hp. and unfortunately like all DSMs your car has 0 reliability. wait wait let me say it... "my best friend has a eagle talon tsi 570 awhp" actually telling the truth he is stationed in hawaii right now. he runs deep into the 10s. but he will be the first to say that DSM are crap in regards to reliability. and was having issues with tannies since he went past the 300 awhp barrier. its cool that you modded another different car and done something different. but lets be honest.... all you have is a frankenstein. its not a hyundai elantra. and

and the car wont last. and be honest those cars IE conversions always end up costing alot of money in the end. fabricated yourself or not. your gonna go through transmissions like david hasselhof goes through tv series.

and as fast as DSM ect get. last time i checked the F-body still rules the 1/4 mile

i dont see any 6 or 7 seconds DSM they all seem to be 9/10/11 second cars..... while they last lol which is about 3 months.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Teching In

Hey GMmexican, that wasnt directed towards you at all, sorry if it seemed like it was.

So transanimal im still unclear what makes a car a ricer.

GXPPOWER, John Shepherd runs high 7's in his 91 talon.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Teching In

I don't usually post, mostly just read but although I favor GM cars I appreciate any tastefully done car. Hot rodding has always been about making a car faster /better than it was from the factory. Just ask anyone who grew up in the 50s about those flat head fords which ruled the streets and strips until the small block chevy came on the scene.

I am NOT a fan of riced cars, trust me just drive around the balt/DC area and you will see tons of import aircraft on the beltways.

"Its a shitty economy car, not a race car, yet like a typical ricer, you try and make it into something its not." Isn't that exactly what GM did with the TR, GN and GNX? Those while not economy cars were by no means race cars until GM slapped a turbo on em. It is also what GM is currently doing with the Cobalt and Ion.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
i had originally taken up for the hyundai before the gayness started... but... lets not get caried away. an F-body looks better/ is more reliable/ has more potential/ and unfortauntely even if you did only weigh 2500 lbs and have 500awp.. their are alot of ls1s with weight reduction and pushing way more hp.
The whole point of this car is that it's a sleeper. It looks completely stock on the inside and outside minus the fmic in the front. He's not out to be the fastest in the world, but he's got a hell of a setup that puts some good power to the ground, I wish some of you guys could come down here on the berlin turnpike I'm sure you would be surprised and give him props when you see this car and try and give it a run.

The definition of a sleeper is the exact opposite from rice, it blows my mind to read some people talking about looks and then comparing the hyundai to rice, looks are what ricer's are worried about. They'll throw on anything they can to make their car "look" fast, but an owner of a sleeper isn't concerned at all about the looks, the whole point is for it to be a surprise and unexpected. Anyone can go out and buy an f-body, that's great the fbody is a nicer car, I'm sure everyone agree's on that but that's beside the point. I'm sure a firrarri or porsche owner consider's the fbody to be an unreliable pos, even though it's cheaper...but who care's, you bought it for your own reasons. I'm not trying to nock on the fbody, just trying to provide another prespective so some of the hater's that are so concerned with looks can think outside the box for a second.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Transanimal, as a person with the utmost respect for what you're trying to say; I need you to back down. RIGHT NOW. Do not post anymore for fear that you will humiliate every single person who stands behind the LS-based/smallblock v8.

These guys are most certainly the furthest from the definition of ricer. You probably don't understand the community (CT/berlin turnpike) we hang out in. The richest kids (no one get offended here) with their parents cobras and evos and whatnot come out and try to race against civics and integras which are merely cut spring, slammed rice boxes. They are all primered and they have fire extinguishers, and what not. Then you have people like Tony, who like to **** around with EVERYONE. Because he can. He has the know-how to do the swap. He has more know-how than you. He has the knowhow of people in the Hybrid section- how many odd-*** cars do you see ls1s goin in..? I was poking around last night and saw.. crown victoria, ford fairline, just to name a couple.

Anyways. My point being to everyone- you cant judge someone's true character over the internet. Although you can certainly judge it through the car they drive.

Jimmy, Bushy, 2point2fast, you are all ricers.

I am too.

Everyone else is one as well, EXCEPT for TransAnimal.

He sits above us all, because he has a small ***** and a small block v8.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

Well said!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Boys have penises and girls have vaginas.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Boys have penises and girls have vaginas.

My bad.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Launching!

What really amazes me is that there can be an argument this long about what is a technical subject for the most part, and yet almost no facts or figures to back anything anyone has said. Not even a pic or two to show how hard or easy the swap is. Thats because most of you are not really arguing about the technical aspects of cars. You're lobbing BS back and forth at each others little social groups. Its like HS, where every month or so you hear about some big fight thats supposedly going to happen and then behold nothing happens and each side thumps their chests and claims victory.

Its basicly a bunch of conflicting half-truths and rhetoric. Then again, this is kinda a nice way to condense all the BS into one place and isolate it. Not to mention it does spice up the forums. Which is why its not locked yet.

1)550WHP reliably will cost about 5K in parts if you start stock with a 4G63. If anyone wants a break down I will do it over PM. This is my final post in this thread. Half of you are getting ignore listed as soon as I post this anyway.

2)DSMs are cheap to mod. 4 Cylinders in general are. Anyone contesting this compared to LS1s need to check facts. Sorry, but a full exhaust for an LS1 aint cheap. LTs are about 400 for cheapos. Then Y pipe. Then cat back. An LG cam package is 1400 bucks. I was trying to convince a freind to get a cam in his LS6 SS. I shopped around for him and to get a G5X3 with the nessesary support hardware installed and then tuned by a local shop is about 2800 bucks. They charged about 65/hr for labor and said it was a 10 hour job I got my entire bottom end for 2900. Shipped. In case anyone forgets, there was a great little contest by BS monitor where he put 1K into his Evo and his freind put 1K into his LS1. And the outcome was not what most thought it would be, which is probably why nobody mentions it. On either side of the debate.

3)LS1 need fewer mods than the 4 bangers. So it evens out. An LS1 puts down more than all but the nastiest stock turbo DSMs in terms of outright power. So honestly a 500 dollar or so 16G is needed right there if power is your goal. Course then you will max the stock injectors easy. New injectors are about 300-450 these days. And something to controll them. Minimum 250 for an SAFC. Then IC, pipes, exhaust, etc. To get where a stock LS1 is. So while your saving money, it is not cut and dried. Some will pay the extra for the near stock aspect of the LS1. Others will take every last tenth off their time they can. In the end its more of a emotional desicion than a rational one.

I own a DSM. I own a DSM with an engine swap. I will soon an LS1 too. I have driven the Laser as a DD for about 80K miles from cross country trips to around town and on my long *** comute to work everyday. It left me stranded once. At about 125K the water pump, which I knew was due to be replaced, gave out. In other words my own dumb fault. Replaced it. That engine ran great everyday till it was pulled at about 150K. New engine was assembled by me. My first. I wont go into how many newbie errors I made in assembly. But my amature night motor is running strong for about 5 months now and ran a 13.8@100 with my amature driving (1.9 60 LOL) on stock boost (yes stock) and a tune that passes emmisions with flying colors despite the new motor being a 20% bump in displacement.

So yeah, if you bust out 400WHP without supporting mods, it will break. Often. I know. Try putting a G5X3 cam and nitrous into your car without a new valve train and rear end. Then see how reliable you are. Same thing there. That 500+ WHP F-body will blow up in short order. And a new rear ed costs about as much as a new built tranny for a DSM. Problem is, most DSMers are cheapskates. So they scrimp on supporting mods. LS1ers usually have a lot of cash. They dont.

Basicly, what all you e-tards dont get is that virtually anythign can handle big power reliably in the hands of a smart owner, and even a bullet proof LS1/T56 can be blown up in the wrong hands. You people seriously act like your quoting the rules laid down by god when you talk cars. What your actually doing is regurgitating **** you heard from some other e-warrior and supporting it with the personal expirience you choose to cite. While ignoring anything that conflicts with it as being a fluke or whatever.

Thats pretty ******* pathetic. They are cars people. Engines, gearboxes, and chassis. Did you people design the 4G63 or the LS1? I did not think so. Not one of you, as far as I can tell has nearly the intellegence to really work as an engineer on such a project. I tried engineering in school. I know what it does take and that I dont have it. So dont take it personally. Just like you should not take any insult to your chosen platform as personal. I guarantee you any Mitsu, Ford, Hyundai, or Chevy engineers reading this would not bother to post or go to page whatever the hell we are on. And this thread is isnulting thier work. I doubt you would see them tell each other to kill themselfs. So whats your excuse to get so pissed? Find something worthwhile to argue about. I'll bet half the people in here think folks who argue political matters are immature and stupid. And thats correct, but at least it is often worth getting mad about.

So one final quote. From Niesche (sp?) if I remember correctly:

"Most people who claim to be thinking are actually just rearanging their prejudices"
Old 12-18-2006, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sparetire
What really amazes me is that there can be an argument this long about what is a technical subject for the most part, and yet almost no facts or figures to back anything anyone has said. Not even a pic or two to show how hard or easy the swap is. Thats because most of you are not really arguing about the technical aspects of cars. You're lobbing BS back and forth at each others little social groups. Its like HS, where every month or so you hear about some big fight thats supposedly going to happen and then behold nothing happens and each side thumps their chests and claims victory.

Its basicly a bunch of conflicting half-truths and rhetoric. Then again, this is kinda a nice way to condense all the BS into one place and isolate it. Not to mention it does spice up the forums. Which is why its not locked yet.

1)550WHP reliably will cost about 5K in parts if you start stock with a 4G63. If anyone wants a break down I will do it over PM. This is my final post in this thread. Half of you are getting ignore listed as soon as I post this anyway.

2)DSMs are cheap to mod. 4 Cylinders in general are. Anyone contesting this compared to LS1s need to check facts. Sorry, but a full exhaust for an LS1 aint cheap. LTs are about 400 for cheapos. Then Y pipe. Then cat back. An LG cam package is 1400 bucks. I was trying to convince a freind to get a cam in his LS6 SS. I shopped around for him and to get a G5X3 with the nessesary support hardware installed and then tuned by a local shop is about 2800 bucks. They charged about 65/hr for labor and said it was a 10 hour job I got my entire bottom end for 2900. Shipped. In case anyone forgets, there was a great little contest by BS monitor where he put 1K into his Evo and his freind put 1K into his LS1. And the outcome was not what most thought it would be, which is probably why nobody mentions it. On either side of the debate.

3)LS1 need fewer mods than the 4 bangers. So it evens out. An LS1 puts down more than all but the nastiest stock turbo DSMs in terms of outright power. So honestly a 500 dollar or so 16G is needed right there if power is your goal. Course then you will max the stock injectors easy. New injectors are about 300-450 these days. And something to controll them. Minimum 250 for an SAFC. Then IC, pipes, exhaust, etc. To get where a stock LS1 is. So while your saving money, it is not cut and dried. Some will pay the extra for the near stock aspect of the LS1. Others will take every last tenth off their time they can. In the end its more of a emotional desicion than a rational one.

I own a DSM. I own a DSM with an engine swap. I will soon an LS1 too. I have driven the Laser as a DD for about 80K miles from cross country trips to around town and on my long *** comute to work everyday. It left me stranded once. At about 125K the water pump, which I knew was due to be replaced, gave out. In other words my own dumb fault. Replaced it. That engine ran great everyday till it was pulled at about 150K. New engine was assembled by me. My first. I wont go into how many newbie errors I made in assembly. But my amature night motor is running strong for about 5 months now and ran a 13.8@100 with my amature driving (1.9 60 LOL) on stock boost (yes stock) and a tune that passes emmisions with flying colors despite the new motor being a 20% bump in displacement.

So yeah, if you bust out 400WHP without supporting mods, it will break. Often. I know. Try putting a G5X3 cam and nitrous into your car without a new valve train and rear end. Then see how reliable you are. Same thing there. That 500+ WHP F-body will blow up in short order. And a new rear ed costs about as much as a new built tranny for a DSM. Problem is, most DSMers are cheapskates. So they scrimp on supporting mods. LS1ers usually have a lot of cash. They dont.

Basicly, what all you e-tards dont get is that virtually anythign can handle big power reliably in the hands of a smart owner, and even a bullet proof LS1/T56 can be blown up in the wrong hands. You people seriously act like your quoting the rules laid down by god when you talk cars. What your actually doing is regurgitating **** you heard from some other e-warrior and supporting it with the personal expirience you choose to cite. While ignoring anything that conflicts with it as being a fluke or whatever.

Thats pretty ******* pathetic. They are cars people. Engines, gearboxes, and chassis. Did you people design the 4G63 or the LS1? I did not think so. Not one of you, as far as I can tell has nearly the intellegence to really work as an engineer on such a project. I tried engineering in school. I know what it does take and that I dont have it. So dont take it personally. Just like you should not take any insult to your chosen platform as personal. I guarantee you any Mitsu, Ford, Hyundai, or Chevy engineers reading this would not bother to post or go to page whatever the hell we are on. And this thread is isnulting thier work. I doubt you would see them tell each other to kill themselfs. So whats your excuse to get so pissed? Find something worthwhile to argue about. I'll bet half the people in here think folks who argue political matters are immature and stupid. And thats correct, but at least it is often worth getting mad about.

So one final quote. From Niesche (sp?) if I remember correctly:

"Most people who claim to be thinking are actually just rearanging their prejudices"

I think that about covers it,well said and I agree 100%
Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

well said although u can get a cheaper exhaust if u go with pace setter long tubes, summit true dual x-pipe and 2 bullet mufflers.........and will sound mean as **** for about $600.00

sorry had 2 rub that in

Quick Reply: Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.