Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK threads like these are what keep me out of this forum, but I have to post.

TransAnimal: How are you still on these boards and not banned? You bash anything anyone says and name call like a 10 year old or something. Fast is fast. Plain and simple. Who cares what skin is on the outside. If it goes it goes. So what do you consider a race car? Nothing that comes from the factory is a race car. Always need to do something to it. I race my car, but it is a toy and it did not get where it is at from the factory. And who the f*ck are you to tell people with little to no posts or short membership times that they know nothing. You have been on here since Sep of this year and are an expert with 125 posts of obvious BS? Some guys register on here that are car builders, shop owners, race car drivers and never post. Are they dumbasses too? and ! You are a clear waste of web space, and a discrace to all car lovers.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Specialized
Transanimal, as a person with the utmost respect for what you're trying to say; I need you to back down. RIGHT NOW. Do not post anymore for fear that you will humiliate every single person who stands behind the LS-based/smallblock v8.
One word: NO. You're not in charge here, and you're opinion means nothing to me actually. I don't give two ***** what you have to say, because you're obviously just trying to start trouble with me.

I said that making an Elantra fast is a complete waste of time and money. How does that "humiliate" people who stand behind V8's?? You're off the wall.

These guys are most certainly the furthest from the definition of ricer. You probably don't understand the community (CT/berlin turnpike) we hang out in. The richest kids (no one get offended here) with their parents cobras and evos and whatnot come out and try to race against civics and integras which are merely cut spring, slammed rice boxes. They are all primered and they have fire extinguishers, and what not. Then you have people like Tony, who like to **** around with EVERYONE. Because he can. He has the know-how to do the swap. He has more know-how than you. He has the knowhow of people in the Hybrid section- how many odd-*** cars do you see ls1s goin in..? I was poking around last night and saw.. crown victoria, ford fairline, just to name a couple.
No, I don't "understand the community" you hang out in. Sounds to me like you're a bunch of tools, anyone who tries to make an Elantra fast, or any economy car for that, matter is a complete tool, . Its a complete waste. If you like it than good for you, thats my opinion, but nobody wants to hear about these riced out shitboxes on LS1Tech. Especially not me.

Anyways. My point being to everyone- you cant judge someone's true character over the internet. Although you can certainly judge it through the car they drive.
When someone comes on here with a join date of this month, zero posts, no rep, and starts bragging about their "AWD converted 4g63 swapped " Hyundai Elantra, I'm sure as hell going to judge them. And the verdict is - MORON.

He sits above us all, because he has a small ***** and a small block v8.
No, I sit above you because I don't hang out with retards who try to make economy cars fast. You also don't know the size of my ***** you homo, so stop trying to imply things you have no clue about you ******.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADSZ28

TransAnimal: How are you still on these boards and not banned? You bash anything anyone says and name call like a 10 year old or something. Fast is fast. Plain and simple. Who cares what skin is on the outside. If it goes it goes. So what do you consider a race car? Nothing that comes from the factory is a race car. Always need to do something to it. I race my car, but it is a toy and it did not get where it is at from the factory. And who the f*ck are you to tell people with little to no posts or short membership times that they know nothing. You have been on here since Sep of this year and are an expert with 125 posts of obvious BS? Some guys register on here that are car builders, shop owners, race car drivers and never post. Are they dumbasses too? and ! You are a clear waste of web space, and a discrace to all car lovers.

I actually read all 6 pages of this and seriously feel dumber for it.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GMmexican
well said although u can get a cheaper exhaust if u go with pace setter long tubes, summit true dual x-pipe and 2 bullet mufflers.........and will sound mean as **** for about $600.00

sorry had 2 rub that in
Yea, those prices that Sparetire posted were very exaggerated for the LS1, and lowballed for the DSM. A "good" catback exhaust for an Evo will run you $1500, and then you would still need a header (haha, singular) and downpipe setup. Not cheap at all, imports are the most expensive cars to mod out of anything. The German and European cars are the most expensive, but the Jap cars aren't far behind.

And heres the point - wen you're all done modding, what would you rather be driving - a Muscle car with a V8 and throaty exhaust note, or a little shitbox DSM that gets no respect and sounds like angry bees?? I can't understand why anyone would choose the latter, but to each his own I suppose.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAminal
to each his own I suppose.
Wow, intelligent words from this one at last! It is ones own peragotive of what they drive and mod. Why do you not respect speed in any form? Why bash just because it does not have a V8 or was not made in USA? These are your opinions and do not need to be thrown in everyone's face. Fine express it, but be respectfull of others opinions. I am done.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

Keep talking ****, it doesn't matter. You obviously have no standards as far as what you think a "nice car" is, you'd probably stick a weedwacker on a shopping car and say "it deserves respect" and "its a nice car"

In all seriousness though: You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. I don't care if people are dumb enough to do an engine swap and AWD conversion in an Elantra. Thats their choice, and it honestly doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is when they come on LS1Tech, which is about LS1's and F-Bodies, and start bragging about their shitboxes, and trying to make them look better than our cars. Because the reality is we have fast muscle cars, and they have fast shitbox riceburners. Big difference.

See, some people, such as me, have this thing called standards. Meaning a nice car is one that looks good, sounds good, and is still fast/quick. Having a fast piece of **** is just as pointless as having a nice looking cars thats extremely slow. Hence the reason I have ZERO respect for that riced out Elantra, it looks like **** and with a 4G63 its going to sound like **** too.

Thats how I feel about it, deal with it, a forum is a place for opinions, and I just explained my reasoning.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, those prices that Sparetire posted were very exaggerated for the LS1, and lowballed for the DSM. A "good" catback exhaust for an Evo will run you $1500, and then you would still need a header (haha, singular) and downpipe setup.
http://www.slowboyracing.com/shop.ph...90454ba496187c

Take your pic, exhuasts for an evo (dsm one's are even cheaper). All under 1,000, I believe there is one full turboback exhuast, including downpipe and testpipe or cat and the catback itself, that is 1,048.

Why do you feel the need to lie? And why don't you head over to those other posts containing imports, like the one with the viper vs all the imports, and tell him ls1tech doesn't wanna hear about it like you're telling us here?

but nobody wants to hear about these riced out shitboxes on LS1Tech. Especially not me.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Keep talking ****, it doesn't matter. You obviously have no standards as far as what you think a "nice car" is, you'd probably stick a weedwacker on a shopping car and say "it deserves respect" and "its a nice car"

In all seriousness though: You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. I don't care if people are dumb enough to do an engine swap and AWD conversion in an Elantra. Thats their choice, and it honestly doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is when they come on LS1Tech, which is about LS1's and F-Bodies, and start bragging about their shitboxes, and trying to make them look better than our cars. Because the reality is we have fast muscle cars, and they have fast shitbox riceburners. Big difference.

See, some people, such as me, have this thing called standards. Meaning a nice car is one that looks good, sounds good, and is still fast/quick. Having a fast piece of **** is just as pointless as having a nice looking cars thats extremely slow. Hence the reason I have ZERO respect for that riced out Elantra, it looks like **** and with a 4G63 its going to sound like **** too.

Thats how I feel about it, deal with it, a forum is a place for opinions, and I just explained my reasoning.
No one said anything about a "nice car", just that it was fast. Sure it looks like ****, but that is the point.

Husstle and flow, then take your dough, we aint here for a show or to be slow...
Old 12-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169

Take your pic, exhuasts for an evo (dsm one's are even cheaper). All under 1,000, I believe there is one full turboback exhuast, including downpipe and testpipe or cat and the catback itself, that is 1,048.
Way to find the lowest prices possible.

Look at this Greddy system for the Evo. You're full of **** as usual.

Evo Titanium Exhaust

Why do you feel the need to lie? And why don't you head over to those other posts containing imports, like the one with the viper vs all the imports, and tell him ls1tech doesn't wanna hear about it like you're telling us here?
The Viper is a nice car, its not rice. Its a Domestic Muscle/Exotic vehicle that looks awesome and has a V10 that sounds great. Its also vey fast. Therefore I have no problem with a Viper, you're really slow aren't you??
Old 12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Way to find the lowest prices possible.

Look at this Greddy system for the Evo. You're full of **** as usual.

Evo Titanium Exhaust

The Viper is a nice car, its not rice. Its a Domestic Muscle/Exotic vehicle that looks awesome and has a V10 that sounds great. Its also vey fast. Therefore I have no problem with a Viper, you're really slow aren't you??
Why do you compare the most expensive parts on these cars? Ever hear of GMMG or QTP? Some of the most expensive parts for F-bodies and Y-bodies. You can go elsewhere and get the saem results for half the price. So you can go both ways for both types of cars. So your cost argument is not helping you.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

"GReddy has decided to offer the GReddy Racing Exhaust in full Titanium; that's an 80mm cat-back system that weighs as little as 10 lbs."

I picked a random website, with a bunch of exhuasts to choose from, you show me one, the high end 10 lbs stainless steel greddy "racing" exhuast. What does a high end fbody exhuast go for? Matter a fact...why am I even arguing with you about this...

Your just like that guy with the porsche that the fbody owner posted a little under this thread. The guy that picks on the fbody that calls it a pos, your like a rich ***** with an exotic car, except you drive an fbody, I can't believe you mentioned Ford and Chevy with Firrarri's and other european or German exotics.

I truly feel dumber after every reply of yours I read, and I feel bad for anyone who come's in and reads your bs and doesn't know any better.

By the way, you've stated that you've been to the track, whated your car run?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

I ran 13.5 @ 107 with a catback and an SLP lid and some bald *** street tires

Had fun.

Transanimal, I do not understand how you have yet to be banned on these boards. I feel sorry for your body. Your brain has a lot to learn.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha TTT this thread is awesome, I havent laughed so hard at work in a while
Old 12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2point2fast
Listen buddy, I'm the furthest from a ricer. I own a mustang and I also have several shelby vehicles. I like different cars. If you'd really like to know, I can email you pictures, dyno sheets, track times, etc. I also own an 800whp Talon. Don't believe me? Ask anyone in CT. Sign up on CCDSM.net and ask anyone. In fact, my talon is ride of the month for that site right now so you don't even have to sign up to look at it.

The hyundai DOES weight 2500lbs (weighed it) and it DOES make 550whp. You think your stock camaro/firebird will beat my car? I'll bet any amount of money that you will lose. You are the epitomy of a GM/v8 owner.

My elantra looks like your grandmothers. The car was done to look like a normal, everyday car. The only thing that gives it away is the fmic. No rice here buddy.

No offense but why stereo-type all v8/gm owners when your arguing over being stereo-typed as s ricer because you own a fast import/4 cylinder car? I can appreciate all types of fast cars but dont be so quick to stereo-type V8 owners due to transanimal's opinions...
Old 12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Veteran

+1, but I quit after 3 pages.

It's people like TransAnimal that make the V8 crowd look like uneducated rednecks. We're not all that stupid, and some of us respect any car that's fast. Hey, there's a concept!

Another vote for banning him. I think that's 3 or 4 people now that are awestruck that he hasn't been given a boot yet.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

Offtopic but you're sig. pic is awsome. My ultimate goal with this hobby would be to have a twin turbo v8. I used to think a twin turbo ls1 would be my ultimate goal but now I can't wait to see what engine will be in the 2009 camaro.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Another vote for banning him. I think that's 3 or 4 people now that are awestruck that he hasn't been given a boot yet.
Why should he be banned? Because he stirs up the status quo with his pro-American attitude between imports and domestics? He's been banned before, only to be replaced by others who collectively shout just as loud as TransAminal.

He might be blunt and harsh, but his sentiments, in varying degrees, are echoed by some of us on these boards who choose not to post. If we can tolerate pro-import attitudes here, whether they are long-standing members or people passing through with zero posts, we can certainly tolerate TransAminal.

And as a last note, I have nothing against the Elantra driver. I bet it's a hell of a car, like I said.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Offtopic but you're sig. pic is awsome. My ultimate goal with this hobby would be to have a twin turbo v8. I used to think a twin turbo ls1 would be my ultimate goal but now I can't wait to see what engine will be in the 2009 camaro.
There is no topic to this thread anymore.

I get that a lot. Had three PMs about it, so I decided to make it a clickable link so people could just skip me and go right to the thread. Many more pics there.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just fyi...I keep a running list of the people who keep stirring up ****. Those are the guys
that get banned in mass about every month. You decide if you want to stick around.
All this bashing, non-tech, arguing, stupid **** is going to stop.

Quick Reply: Got beat by a Hyundai Elantra.