Old 12-23-2006, 08:20 PM
LS7 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet race....
Old 12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ravensfan
I owned a Tiburon before I got my Formula. I had every NA mod you can buy for it. IM, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, motor mounts, shifter. It dynoed 171fwhp/175fwtq. Not too shabby for what it is. Ran a 14.7 at the track.

Definately will not compete with an LS1 f-body, but for its class, it doesnt lose often. The only sport compact that I lost to at the track was an SRT-4 and a K-pro RSX.

The Tiburon crowd is pretty cool, except for the douchebag you ran into
First time I see you post on here I hope you recognize the SN
Old 12-24-2006, 01:52 AM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, I got a buddy that had an i/e '03 V6 "Tibby," and I used to beat him fairly solidly in my old stock '94 Integra GS-R. The Integra ran a 14.97 @ 93.82, for reference.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, I got a buddy that had an i/e '03 V6 "Tibby," and I used to beat him fairly solidly in my old stock '94 Integra GS-R. The Integra ran a 14.97 @ 93.82, for reference.
A STOCK v-tech integra ran a 14.97? Sounds pretty quick for one of those.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, quickest I had/have ever seen... it was definitely a special car.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG, I was walking to my car after school and I heard some ricer flying in the parking lot. It was a Tiburon and when it passed me, his license plate said "2spdy4u." I started cracking up because it was him! I got in my car and drove by him because he was parked at the kiss-n-ride. It turns out the kid goes to my school! All this time and I have never seen him drive his car before. His name is Brian van Over and he is a douche bag. What a great laugh that was.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

the 4 cyl Tibs have cvvt, the V6 does not, both are dogs regardless. The interiors are allright, but thats about all they have going for them.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ralls
OMG, I was walking to my car after school and I heard some ricer flying in the parking lot. It was a Tiburon and when it passed me, his license plate said "2spdy4u." I started cracking up because it was him! I got in my car and drove by him because he was parked at the kiss-n-ride. It turns out the kid goes to my school! All this time and I have never seen him drive his car before. His name is Brian van Over and he is a douche bag. What a great laugh that was.
so walk up to the back of his car and look to see if theres a GTv6 badge...if there isnt well...it was a 4 banger and thats a 16 second car lol
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I already knew it was a v6 from the start. Saw it the night I raced him, and that day too. It's bright red, I couldn't have missed it.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ralls
LOL thats hilarious. What school do u go to? I gotta meet u at one of these meets that they are havin every once and a while.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03NHSilvy
the 4 cyl Tibs have cvvt, the V6 does not, both are dogs regardless. The interiors are allright, but thats about all they have going for them.
Yeah, the interior on my buddy's is ok. That car is just a pos tho through and through. Just last year his power locks and keyless entry quit working twice, his steering wheel locked up twice, his paint around the fuel door is fading, and his passenger side window wont work, and his motor has a tick. All this on a bone stock 04 with 23k miles.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BirdmanLS1
LOL thats hilarious. What school do u go to? I gotta meet u at one of these meets that they are havin every once and a while.
Damn, I just realized I can't make it to the meet on Saturday. I got a new job and I have to work Saturday till 4:00. Unless you all are there to about 4:30, I'm out. But I say we meet up somewhere that day afterwards.. Shell or something.

I go to Woodson HS. Where are you at.. college?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Ya i go to nova at the annandale campus so thats actually kinda near ur h.s. are you talkin about the shell near the wallmart and wendy's? I live like literally 2-3 min from there. Kinda emberassing with my car tho cause the springs make all kinds of gay noises cause they are stock with like 113,000k on them, lol. O well wut can u do, lol. Should be gettin tru duals in 2 weeks and koni's and strano springs in the first week of feb.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeh the Shell in the Walmart parking lot. I wouldn't suggest parking in the actual shell parking spaces with all the queer ricers though. Let me know if you wana meet up.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SilverStang00
Yeah, the interior on my buddy's is ok. That car is just a pos tho through and through. Just last year his power locks and keyless entry quit working twice, his steering wheel locked up twice, his paint around the fuel door is fading, and his passenger side window wont work, and his motor has a tick. All this on a bone stock 04 with 23k miles.
All fairly common- the door lock actuator/latches always fail, which causes the fob and power buttons to no work, and if you let it get bad the door won't open, which is real gay when I have to slide my fat *** across from the passenger side to get in.Window regulators are another common failure too. The wheel locking up is a new one to me, the fuel door paint does suck, esp. on white, its real noticeable. And if he has a sunroof I'd tell him to stop using it, shitty design and they suck to fix. Aside from them looking fast, theres not much else going for them, the new Sonata and Azera (family sedan and luxuryish sedan, respectively) will both blow the doors off a Tib. Oh and most of the kids who own them are idiots and suck to deal with :end job rant:
Old 01-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Launching!

i ran a 4 cylinder with a 125 wet on it. i only got him by my front quarter panel by 100mph cuz that's when we shut down. i was impressed, but i have a pretty much factory LT1 so that's what i would expect. lol.

Last edited by fbodyfreek; 01-24-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typos