Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My races with a new Viper

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Good races.......both are nice cars......
I'll tell you this... My Vette looks plain next to that car.. Talk about a chick magnet!!!

Last edited by xstang; 01-04-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm, you're right up the road from me, i'll have to keep an eye out for you nice lookin car, VERY strong for that cheatr cam.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z06er
Ever think of going to the track?

Beats getting arrested and your car being sold or destroyed.

In the end, its your choice. The cops can legally shoot at street racers and ram them off the road to boot. After that its full service, cuss out, beat your ***, and off to jail to be someone's bitch while your car get's destroyed. Sound smart to you???
Welcome to the STREET RACING forum. And you're lucky; people have said less than you and got worse in reply than you did.

Awesome race. 'Vettes do look plain next to Vipers!

And Vipers aren't clown shoes, they're a roller skate!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

In the end, its your choice. The cops can legally shoot at street racers and ram them off the road to boot. After that its full service, cuss out, beat your ***, and off to jail to be someone's bitch while your car get's destroyed. Sound smart to you???
please STFU
Old 01-04-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

you smacked that viper around. good job.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
hmm, you're right up the road from me, i'll have to keep an eye out for you nice lookin car, VERY strong for that cheatr cam.
Pm me... If you drink... let's grab a beer some time...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I wasn't going to respond, but I will.... Let me start off saying that I understand the risk. In addition, I have a two year old daughter that I adore and she is my life. I wouldn't take any risk that I hadn't already calculated especially since her future is in question. I wasn't weaving through traffic or slamming on breaks to avoid oncoming traffic. The roads were perfectly open as far as the eye could see..\late at night when traffic was a non issue. We do our best to avoid onramps ect. As far as the cops, good luck to them. If they can catch me from a stop and get directly behind me kudos to them - they got me. However, proving that I was street racing is a whole dfferent issue - much more difficult than it sounds..... trust me...

I was just trying to post something that already occured for comparison purposes.. I've done this for years with no problems, and I pray I continue the good fortune.. I wish you and your family the same...

Lighten up buddy
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

LMFAO

Yeah..

yeah..

Hahaha..
Old 01-04-2007, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to offend you all. You have been advised. We'll be tirelessly looking for you. Think of the eye which never blinks.

And don't forget, please have a good day.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Who is we the voices in your head!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to offend you all. You have been advised. We'll be tirelessly looking for you. Think of the eye which never blinks.

Wow, a veiled internet threat....I would imagine "the eye that never blinks" is a reference to your *****, which seems to be very very small

SDB
Old 01-04-2007, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

deleted

Last edited by xstang; 01-05-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

You are within the law to shoot at street racers? I find that extremely hard to believe, as the possible negative outcomes of doing that would far outweigh any positives. Actually, I can't think of any positives.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gnx7
Looks like a fun night out racing.

Depending upon who is driving the Viper (if they have it fully floored with gas pedal matted to the firewall and if they can powershift) could actually make a big difference. Your car is fast and equal to that Viper in the vid.... but he should have tons more torque with over 100ci + one would think.

Maybe aero comes into the equation also.... the Vette has a smaller frontal area to punch thru the atmosphere which could play a part on the top end?

The Viper is a pretty big clown shoe with cylinder heads that flow like sh*t. LSx technology kicks it square in the

Thats really quite interesting that you posted this...

ive had my Viper for around 6 months and previously had a 2004 C5 wich I had around 1000 1/4 mile passes on..

After 6 months of owning this car just last week while playing around on the freeway to show my wife what she could do...

I REALIZED THAT FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS I HADNT BEEN PUTTING THE PEDAL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FLOOR WHEN GOING WOT!!!!!!

And ive raced quite a few people!!!!!!!

first of all before anyone laughs the pedals on the viper are kinda posistioned at a weird angle...Kinda canted from were your body actually is about 3 inches to far to the left...

Then the gas pedal it's self is long and huge vs my C5 pedal that was just bib enough for the top portion of your foot..

but mostly it's the tourque...with 465 rwt bone stock at a low rpm just pushing the pedal 1/2 way down will throw you back in the seat...

I was pushing the pedal around 3/4's down for the past 6 months thinking i was going WOT..

But like i said 1 week ago while showing the wife what she could do sprint after sprint i realized that if i scooted my body a little more forward to hit the top part of the gas pedal i could actually get the pedal to go down anonther 1-2 inches...

I know that sounds stupid..But after reading this thread im wondering if this is a commin thing????

BTW....The OP says his car ran 11.8 at 123 mph 20 HP ago..so lets say he can now run 11.7 at 124 mph...

The SRT10 viper averages 12.0 at 121 mph...So it's really a no brainer of why he pulled the stock viper...Maybe the best drivers at great tracks can squeeze 123 out of them...But still not quite enough for this modded c6..

And yes the differance is in the gearing..

your comparing two cars that on this night both weighed around 3600 pounds with the people inside as well as both dynoing around 440 rwhp..

The differance is that the c6 has 3.42's while the viper has sorry a** 3.07's just like my gen 2 viper dose...

If that gen 3 Viper had 3.42 gears from the factory you guys would have been dead even
Old 01-05-2007, 06:01 AM
11 Second Club

For comparison, here were my races with the new C6 Z06... These are hard to see, but the camera is in the new Z... You have to follow the lights...

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...t=MOV00645.flv

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...t=MOV00646.flv

This guy sold his Z for the Viper... same driver... I would guess the Z is 3-4 cars faster than the Gen 3 from 50-130. This Z might have been slightly modded I'm not sure. I'd get 3/4s to a car on him through 3rd and 4th gear...

Last edited by xstang; 01-05-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
actually the viper has less frontal area by a fairly decent margin

viper is 19.3 sq ft vs. ~22 for the vette.

And the viper has far better gearing for top end runs, just need the power.

Gen I and Gen II Vipers, were geared for astronomically high top ends....not uncommon for TT cars to see 200+
Old 01-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Thats really quite interesting that you posted this...

ive had my Viper for around 6 months and previously had a 2004 C5 wich I had around 1000 1/4 mile passes on..

After 6 months of owning this car just last week while playing around on the freeway to show my wife what she could do...

I REALIZED THAT FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS I HADNT BEEN PUTTING THE PEDAL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FLOOR WHEN GOING WOT!!!!!!

And ive raced quite a few people!!!!!!!

first of all before anyone laughs the pedals on the viper are kinda posistioned at a weird angle...Kinda canted from were your body actually is about 3 inches to far to the left...

Then the gas pedal it's self is long and huge vs my C5 pedal that was just bib enough for the top portion of your foot..

but mostly it's the tourque...with 465 rwt bone stock at a low rpm just pushing the pedal 1/2 way down will throw you back in the seat...

I was pushing the pedal around 3/4's down for the past 6 months thinking i was going WOT..

But like i said 1 week ago while showing the wife what she could do sprint after sprint i realized that if i scooted my body a little more forward to hit the top part of the gas pedal i could actually get the pedal to go down anonther 1-2 inches...

I know that sounds stupid..But after reading this thread im wondering if this is a commin thing????

BTW....The OP says his car ran 11.8 at 123 mph 20 HP ago..so lets say he can now run 11.7 at 124 mph...

The SRT10 viper averages 12.0 at 121 mph...So it's really a no brainer of why he pulled the stock viper...Maybe the best drivers at great tracks can squeeze 123 out of them...But still not quite enough for this modded c6..

And yes the differance is in the gearing..

your comparing two cars that on this night both weighed around 3600 pounds with the people inside as well as both dynoing around 440 rwhp..

The differance is that the c6 has 3.42's while the viper has sorry a** 3.07's just like my gen 2 viper dose...

If that gen 3 Viper had 3.42 gears from the factory you guys would have been dead even

I just put 3.55's in my RT......I have heard most guys get .3 to .5 in 1/4 from it......looking for 11.2 to 11.5 this summer.

The vipers gearing sucks for stock motors, but as HP increases 4 digit hp Vipers rule the world in top speed, its been proven over and over.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xstang
Guess the difference is gearing????????????
they come with a normal geared (2.66 1st, etc) T56 and 3.07's in the rear
Old 01-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Cops can sell or destroy your car after they catch you street racing?

I'm just wondering.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Xstang, GREAT runs man! Way to put the smackdown on that Viper..

I had a black 2004 SRT-10 and sold it for a C6 Z06. I LOVE this car!!

I wish you were close by man, I would love to run ya in my Z06. Would make for a great race. And yes, I agree, a Z06 would be about 3-4 cars ahead of a Viper at 130, but I also think that it would be about 4-5 cars ahead at 160..