Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

simple question about racing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007 | 05:57 AM
On The Tree

IN MS where i'm from they do it to rub in the loss of a race.I've seen fights break out b/c the guy that lost took it as a sign of disrepect but i think that was his way of whiining beacuse he lost
Old 01-10-2007 | 07:07 AM
On The Tree

I'm an old fart...35 and the hazard thing has been around a lot longer than the ricer thing. Back in the 80s it meant that the race was over. It told the other guy don't bother flying by me at 120 because I already won. This was back when the only cars really racing on the streets were camaros, mustangs, firebirds and GNs. Fart pipes and huge sheet metal wings hadn't been invented yet.
Old 01-10-2007 | 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

meaning of flashers=you just got owned...don't bother to fly by cause I'll just run you down again
Old 01-10-2007 | 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redarrow
I'm an old fart...35 and the hazard thing has been around a lot longer than the ricer thing. Back in the 80s it meant that the race was over. It told the other guy don't bother flying by me at 120 because I already won. This was back when the only cars really racing on the streets were camaros, mustangs, firebirds and GNs. Fart pipes and huge sheet metal wings hadn't been invented yet.
na, I remember those days, but we used the few brake taps.

Flashers can be interpreted differently. Maybe it's just the area we all live in. 99% of the time, the import guys use flashers.

I think flashers gives you something to boast about. Flashers cause attention, period. Like I said, depending on where you live, can be interpreted differently. I'll stick with the 2-3 brake taps, on I won't do it at all. Doesn't bother me eitherway unless your in that stituation like V-seriesTech. It would of been damn hard not to put my foot up his that guys *** for trying to pull that stunt.
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
na, I remember those days, but we used the few brake taps.

Flashers can be interpreted differently. Maybe it's just the area we all live in. 99% of the time, the import guys use flashers.

I think flashers gives you something to boast about. Flashers cause attention, period. Like I said, depending on where you live, can be interpreted differently. I'll stick with the 2-3 brake taps, on I won't do it at all. Doesn't bother me eitherway unless your in that stituation like V-seriesTech. It would of been damn hard not to put my foot up his that guys *** for trying to pull that stunt.

I think I had fire coming outta my eyes when I told him to line up again.

....and the brake tap thing....we always used that when rideing FAST in a pack of bikes(on our bikes). Just to let the boys know you were lifting....or something.
Old 01-12-2007 | 04:24 AM
TECH Resident

If i respect the driver im racing then i dont usually use flashers (unless its a joke between friends). But if im racing a cocky stuck up ricer, i like to **** them off by emberassing them, then giving them a taste of their own medicine... its kinda like speaking their own language with all their ricer friends around... (if u cant tell, there are alot of ricers in my area).
Old 01-12-2007 | 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

it's not always "Rice" or disrespect,

I've known people to do it insted of a wave, or along with a thumbs up

just like when leaving a group, hit the flashers when you hit the turn lane "to say goodbye"
Old 01-13-2007 | 02:48 PM
Launching!

DSM's must win... a LOT!