Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

trans am vs mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007 | 03:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Actually, all of the Mustang forums I'm on have alot of respect for F-bodies, and quite a few F-body owners on them... And there are plenty of people that like F-bodies AND Mustangs, such as myself. And I know there are quite a few people on this board that feel the same.
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilverStang00
I really hope your kidding. GM quit production of the Fbod because they didnt sell, and Fords Mustang did. You may think the car companys give a **** about us enthusiasts, but they dont, all they care about is making $$$. The Camaro/Firebird was faster, but 1/4 times dont mean a damn thing to the average person looking for a nice looking car, and the 99-04 Mustangs are more apealing to more people. When I was younger and didn't know anything about cars, I wanted a Mustang, why? cuz its a Mustang, I never even thought of Camaros, and thats how most people are. And just so you know, both of these cars are pieces of ****, with their flawed American design, and old *** technology, although there trying to catch up.
must have missed the first few lines of that post. i dont really give a rats *** what is faster ford or gm.
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone know where the post is where the kid in a F-body raced his friend in a mustang GT and posted it up in a mustang forum and noone believed him?
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Actually, all of the Mustang forums I'm on have alot of respect for F-bodies, and quite a few F-body owners on them... And there are plenty of people that like F-bodies AND Mustangs, such as myself. And I know there are quite a few people on this board that feel the same.

+1 there are alot of fbod guys on the mustang forums and they get along fine...
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

"You mustang guys have to have thicker skin here, you have to remember you are in a f-body forum. If I went to a mustang forum and tried to stick up for my f-body i would expect to get hammered.
Mustangs are good cars ford has made a lot of money from them, but there is always going to be seperation between ford and GM, its like cats and dogs. But Id like to think we can stick together as Muscle cars when it comes down to us and imports"

damn right, ill take that FTMFW!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverStang00
And just so you know, both of these cars (Mustang and F-Body) are pieces of ****, with their flawed American design, and old *** technology, although there trying to catch up.
Define "pieces of ****", with flawed design and old technology?

Just because they are Amercian? Because I can not think of another car that could do what either does even today. Shall we go into the recall history of the Honda Prelude? Or the fact that there are LT1 and LS1 cars in the 200k+ mile family? OHV old *** technology? Is that why they are LEV certified, drop more than 300 to the ground, and still get 26 mpg?

I am still trying to grasp how my intimidating looking, H/C bolt-on SS dropping more than 400 to the ground, and getting up to 26mpg with 80k on the clock; is more a POS than the Honda Civic I owned that ate its head gasket at 50k???
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is a funny post, just to stick up for the f-body a little. When I think of mustang forums this is what comes to mind, that and the svt site, most are jackasses.

We all know stock for stock f-bodies are faster, but the video is still fun to watch.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=mustang+forum
Old 01-10-2007 | 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Alot of kids I see post are still wet behind the ears.

I own both so I can give an unbiased opinion... well almost unbiased. But to each their own. I like my mustang even though the wifes car puts down about as much power with 1/2 the mods. When there are 10 sec n/a hondas out there you can make anything fast. So take "your stock for stock" or "it needs a supercharger to keep up" and shove it. We're all car guys.... well in some cases kids. -Mark

Last edited by Bitemark46; 01-10-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2007 | 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait stock for stock is a good argument, when arguing which car is better.
Otherwise, what is ther to argue about? we all know a fully modded drag honda can beat an f-body, anything can beat anything, but stock for stock.....

We are talking about ford and GM, not aftermarket...

Unless you are racing, then its run what you bring, and it doesn't matter who modded what.
Old 01-10-2007 | 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Woah, lets get one thing straight.... A Mustang GT is NOT a muscle car. It is a pony car. The camaro and the trans am are true muscle cars....
Old 01-10-2007 | 05:09 PM
***Repost Police***

WTF kinda ignorant *** **** is that? Camaro, Firebird, Mustang... ALL Pony cars. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, a Camaro/Firebird isn't a musclecar. ESPECIALLY if you're saying a Mustang GT isn't, and the F-body is. I guess if you're basing it on the F-body having a bigger engine, the '95 Cobra R beats the F-body, huh?

Edit: I'm basing this off the classic accepted definition of a "muscle car." ie; intermediate (midsize) body, LARGE V8 (350 ain't large), and of course performance oriented. There hasn't been a musclecar made since the mid 70s
Old 01-10-2007 | 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws.6kid
Woah, lets get one thing straight.... A Mustang GT is NOT a muscle car. It is a pony car. The camaro and the trans am are true muscle cars....
Wrong.

They are all "Pony" cars. Camaro, Firebird, and the original "pony" car the Mustang.
Old 01-10-2007 | 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

OMG....You did not just typed that.....Please educate yourself more before attempting to sound like you know ****. My guess is you think its a pony car because it has a horse in the badge, right?????
Old 01-10-2007 | 05:38 PM
Teching In

You fool!
Old 01-10-2007 | 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Another thing...is sad to see that since the LS1 (and 4th gen f-bodies in general) are becoming cheaper a wave of ignorants, immature kids are getting their hands on them. It clearly shows by the level of discussion put forward by some people here. Totally a shame.....
Old 01-10-2007 | 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chaman
Another thing...is sad to see that since the LS1 (and 4th gen f-bodies in general) are becoming cheaper a wave of ignorants, immature kids are getting their hands on them. It clearly shows by the level of discussion put forward by some people here. Totally a shame.....
Good point. Too many little kids getting there hands on V8 power... I see a lot of wreckage in the near future.
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW...I have never seen so much ignorance, and so much knowledge in one thread.........well, I guess it has to be balanced some how. LOL
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

NUFF SAID
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3

NUFF SAID
Gotta love that pic
Old 01-10-2007 | 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^..no we don't.

Seriously though..if that pic is used as a joke, that is one thing..but unfortunately, there are alot of people out there that are arrogant enough to believe it.