Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

trans am vs mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 01:27 AM
10 Second Club

jesus christ......some people like ford some like chevy..................please ******* leave it at that

atleast its not a honda
Old 01-11-2007 | 06:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ponygt65
And what if Ford made the 351 with an S/C..........

some people are so ignorant and stupid, it never seizes to amaze me.

can this thread die now?
Saleen came out with the 99 S351 that had a Vortech powered 5.8. That car is a freaking beast.
Old 01-11-2007 | 07:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azrael
Define "pieces of ****", with flawed design and old technology?

Just because they are Amercian? Because I can not think of another car that could do what either does even today. Shall we go into the recall history of the Honda Prelude? Or the fact that there are LT1 and LS1 cars in the 200k+ mile family? OHV old *** technology? Is that why they are LEV certified, drop more than 300 to the ground, and still get 26 mpg?

I am still trying to grasp how my intimidating looking, H/C bolt-on SS dropping more than 400 to the ground, and getting up to 26mpg with 80k on the clock; is more a POS than the Honda Civic I owned that ate its head gasket at 50k???
I made that statement in regards to the asshat that said Mustangs are pos's as if the Fbod is any better. Both of these cars are rattletraps, and the interior leaves alot to be desired in the quality department. And overrall American made cars dont last very long, especially cars like these that previous owners beat on all the time. And I meant old tech such as suspension and things, they both use a strait axle and the 99-04 chassis has been pretty much the same since '79.
Old 01-11-2007 | 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Feel free to come laugh at me anytime.
I all ready am and it has nothing to do with your car. This is your first post in this thread and no where did it congratulate the thread starter on a nice kill. You simply jumped in with a attempt (and a successful one) to start a fight and hijack a thread.

You want respect for your car but offered none to Import Slayer. Interesting.

Good kill Import Slayer! Stay safe out there
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I all ready am and it has nothing to do with your car. This is your first post in this thread and no where did it congratulate the thread starter on a nice kill. You simply jumped in with a attempt (and a successful one) to start a fight and hijack a thread.

You want respect for your car but offered none to Import Slayer. Interesting.

Good kill Import Slayer! Stay safe out there
I have to agree. And I laugh at you also.........see
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
I have to agree. And I laugh at you also.........see
My wife laughs at me. But then again I am usually tuning her out any way
Old 01-11-2007 | 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
WTF kinda ignorant *** **** is that? Camaro, Firebird, Mustang... ALL Pony cars. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, a Camaro/Firebird isn't a musclecar. ESPECIALLY if you're saying a Mustang GT isn't, and the F-body is. I guess if you're basing it on the F-body having a bigger engine, the '95 Cobra R beats the F-body, huh?

Edit: I'm basing this off the classic accepted definition of a "muscle car." ie; intermediate (midsize) body, LARGE V8 (350 ain't large), and of course performance oriented. There hasn't been a musclecar made since the mid 70s
What the hell is wrong with you? No I'm basing it on the fact that it um, its a ****** muscle car. I guess "the muscle car lives" slogan for the trans am was all just bullshit huh. The F-body has always been a muscle car since 67. Get your fact straight buddy. I own two muscle cars a 2000 TA and a 1967 Firebird 400, which either will rape you like no tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2007 | 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chaman
OMG....You did not just typed that.....Please educate yourself more before attempting to sound like you know ****. My guess is you think its a pony car because it has a horse in the badge, right?????
STFU, I NEVER said that camaros and trans ams weren't pony cars. The Mustang GT is just a pony car, not a musucle car PERIOD. Now Mach1s and Cobras are muscle cars. So go drive your bolt on TA or your Piece Of **** Dodge Magnum and think what you will.

Last edited by ws.6kid; 01-11-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2007 | 04:04 PM
***Repost Police***

If you go by the classic definition, a ponycar can't be a muscle car. If I put a 502 in a Miata, does that make IT a musclecar? No... it's the wrong bodystyle. The new GTO is the closest thing there's been to a musclecar since the 70s, and some people still say it's not, because of the "small" engine. Oh, and how about this... what if you have a 10s GT? Is it a musclecar then?
Old 01-11-2007 | 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you go by the classic definition, a ponycar can't be a muscle car. If I put a 502 in a Miata, does that make IT a musclecar? No... it's the wrong bodystyle. The new GTO is the closest thing there's been to a musclecar since the 70s, and some people still say it's not, because of the "small" engine. Oh, and how about this... what if you have a 10s GT? Is it a musclecar then?

This plaque in my garage states otherwise. Why would you even compare a Miata to a Fbody? BTW my dad has a 1968 GTO so don't start trying to tell me about GTOs buddy. The GTO was the first Muscle car fyi.
Old 01-11-2007 | 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

To the original poster of this thread good kill. Its always fun messing around with someone. Someone earlier stated that the kids in the mustang were arrogant punks. Thats not necissarily true. I have baited other cars into races that i knew would kill me just to see how nasty and fast they were. They might have been trying to do that because a trex LT's and a loudmouth will have a bad *** extremely noticeable sound to it.
Old 01-11-2007 | 05:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ws.6kid

This plaque in my garage states otherwise. Why would you even compare a Miata to a Fbody? BTW my dad has a 1968 GTO so don't start trying to tell me about GTOs buddy. The GTO was the first Muscle car fyi.
Um... advertisement=propoganda. I'm SURE there have been advertisements calling Mustangs "Musclecars" over the years. And I'm perfectly aware that the GTO was considered the first musclecar. But maybe you didn't notice when I specified the "new" GTO.
Old 01-11-2007 | 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ws.6kid
STFU, I NEVER said that camaros and trans ams weren't pony cars. The Mustang GT is just a pony car, not a musucle car PERIOD. Now Mach1s and Cobras are muscle cars. So go drive your bolt on TA or your Piece Of **** Dodge Magnum and think what you will.
Guess you dont have much of an argument...and you still wrong. Guess dumbness is hard to cope with. Go read about automotive history and learn....
Old 01-11-2007 | 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chaman
Guess you dont have much of an argument...and you still wrong. Guess dumbness is hard to cope with. Go read about automotive history and learn....
Your an idiot and blow stuff out of proportion. I have a 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400, so don't go telling me to go read about automotive history. I have had both my cars for over 5 years, I bet I know about cars than you bud but thats not the point. Point is if you don't think the Trans Am is a muscle car then you shouldn't be able to drive one.
Old 01-11-2007 | 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

someone lock this thread... please