00' SS vs 00' Z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007 | 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, LT1
Old 01-14-2007 | 01:41 PM
Teching In

Lightbulb

It is plain to see Fastphilly graduated from continuation school with a Phd in dumbology!Sure the two camaro's would possibly dyno the same(according to him) because they both have the same engine.But,the ss is not going to get the air intake on a dyno machine!Hellooooooo!!Surely the ss will beat the Z28 from 0-60,the qtr,and top end without a doubt!I'd guess you peeps would expect to hear this from someone who owns a chevy and a ford!He likes it both ways,lol!
Old 01-14-2007 | 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Neither one will win. Theyre both LS1's of the same year.

Old 01-14-2007 | 01:58 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by smit2732
In january of 03 I bought a brand new SS 6pd with the 345hp package.
Took it to No Problem Raceway with about 1k miles on the car. All I did was remove the filter and made two passes.
first pass was 13.4et @111mph w/ 2.360 ft bogged car of the line

2nd pass still bogged of the line 2.2sec 60ft. 13.11et @111.78mph

I was very impressed.
That package came with a lid and SLP dual/dual catback didn't it? Great mph.
Old 01-14-2007 | 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by smit2732
first pass was 13.4et @111mph w/ 2.360 ft bogged car of the line

2nd pass still bogged of the line 2.2sec 60ft. 13.11et @111.78mph.

Those seem like REALLY! high trap speeds to me!, good job none the less!
Old 01-14-2007 | 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ssMOD
It is plain to see Fastphilly graduated from continuation school with a Phd in dumbology!Sure the two camaro's would possibly dyno the same(according to him) because they both have the same engine.But,the ss is not going to get the air intake on a dyno machine!Hellooooooo!!Surely the ss will beat the Z28 from 0-60,the qtr,and top end without a doubt!I'd guess you peeps would expect to hear this from someone who owns a chevy and a ford!He likes it both ways,lol!
Sounds to me like your hatin'. Yeah I graduated from continuation school and I own a brand new Corvette. So I guess I'm doing something right.

Read post #13 you dumb fool. I can't help it if your too lazy to read the thread. So before you start making rude comments I suggest you read the entire thread. There are alot of posters in this thread that have been here longer than you with both cars so your comment has little credibility in my eyes.

Last edited by Fastphilly; 01-14-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2007 | 07:43 PM
Teching In

Talking

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings musvette boy.You no comprende so I'm going to spell it out for you in plain englesh:dyno testing a car with an air intake will not give you the true performance because it is only testing the hp at the rear wheels,the car is not breathing any air sitting on a dyno machine,kapeesh??Hey, maybe they can make a musvette baseball cap,would'nt that be cool?! LMAO

98 Ls1 Camaro SS/ Paxton supercharged/455 hp

Meet me on the strip with your cv and I'll show
you the definition of speed!
Old 01-14-2007 | 09:20 PM
Teching In

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings musvette boy.You no comprende so I'm going to spell it out for you in plain englesh:dyno testing a car with an air intake will not give you the true performance because it is only testing the hp at the rear wheels,the car is not breathing any air sitting on a dyno machine,kapeesh??Hey, maybe they can make a musvette baseball cap,would'nt that be cool?! LMAO

98 Ls1 Camaro SS/ Paxton supercharged/455 hp

Meet me on the strip with your cv and I'll show
you the definition of speed!
Your hillarious comparing a stock car to a modded one. Stock for stock I would murder a SS Camaro. Secondly, All I need to match your car in the straights is an additional 50-60 rwhp above stock which is'nt much. Third, without any modding I will outhandle your F-body decisively. And fourth, No matter how fast you are ,it's still a Camaro.

This is not directed at anyone but this newbie tool ssMod. If he even has one.
Old 01-14-2007 | 11:31 PM
Teching In

Talking

Did you hear that camaro owners?It is still just a camaro!Well geez,I should of just bought that ford pinto instead and maybe I would get a little respect from almighty here who drives a cv(if he has one,probably his daddy's).And is there some special rule about mods vs stock?When it comes to dragging on a strip(which I doubt you ever have)looks are'nt gonna win you any races.So for a $20,000 clean ss and $10,000 in mods,I'd take that over a $70,000 vette (and win)every time.Stock for stock I'll give it up your vette as well as looks too,buuut,that's all gonna change when the new camaro comes out in 08-09.Not only will the ss have more horses(then your vette), be better and meaner looking,it will cost less too.(You better hope daddy has upgraded to a Z06 by then).Hope to see you at a street light one day and think I'm just a camaro,you will be embarrassed.YEE YEEEEE
Old 01-15-2007 | 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Haha, LT1
Then when an LT1 spanks an LS1 <-- LS1
Old 01-15-2007 | 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fastphilly
One more question: Does the hood scoop come into play as far as giving the SS the advantage at higher speed hence a higher volume of airflow for the intake?
Absolutely. I hooked up a vacuum gauge to the intake on my SS and it turns out I get 5psi boost going 60mph! The only bad thing about the hood scoop is that at about 160mph the aerodynamics lift the front tires too much and the SS starts to get a little floaty. Worth it though.

I misinterpreted your first post #1. I assumed you had an SS and wanted to see if your SS was faster than a Z28. Excellent question for the "kill section." But, after reading your #13 post I see that you dont own either. Still, you've come to the right place to post "what if" questions regarding two vehicles that you dont own.

Sorry to hijack
Since you own a C6 perhaps you can answer a question for me. I stay awake at night wondering if an A6 C6 vert is faster than a M6 C6 Vert. Who would win? The question isn't for me. I have a friend with a M6 C6 and I'm trying to convince him that its a drivers race. TIA.
Old 01-15-2007 | 01:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
Absolutely. I hooked up a vacuum gauge to the intake on my SS and it turns out I get 5psi boost going 60mph! The only bad thing about the hood scoop is that at about 160mph the aerodynamics lift the front tires too much and the SS starts to get a little floaty. Worth it though.

I misinterpreted your first post #1. I assumed you had an SS and wanted to see if your SS was faster than a Z28. Excellent question for the "kill section." But, after reading your #13 post I see that you dont own either. Still, you've come to the right place to post "what if" questions regarding two vehicles that you dont own.

Sorry to hijack
Since you own a C6 perhaps you can answer a question for me. I stay awake at night wondering if an A6 C6 vert is faster than a M6 C6 Vert. Who would win? The question isn't for me. I have a friend with a M6 C6 and I'm trying to convince him that its a drivers race. TIA.
They are both pretty close. I'd say the M6 might run a tenth of a second faster due to less powertrain loss (10HP). That minimal difference is neglegible so in turn it's a drivers race. The gear ratios are about the same as well. There is a sizable difference between an A4 and an M6 but the new A6 has put the auto guys on a level playing field not to mention the paddle shifts give you a somewhat manual control without the clutch.
Old 01-15-2007 | 02:07 AM
Teching In

Did you hear that camaro owners?It is still just a camaro!Well geez,I should of just bought that ford pinto instead and maybe I would get a little respect from almighty here who drives a cv(if he has one,probably his daddy's).And is there some special rule about mods vs stock?When it comes to dragging on a strip(which I doubt you ever have)looks are'nt gonna win you any races.So for a $20,000 clean ss and $10,000 in mods,I'd take that over a $70,000 vette (and win)every time.Stock for stock I'll give it up your vette as well as looks too,buuut,that's all gonna change when the new camaro comes out in 08-09.Not only will the ss have more horses(then your vette), be better and meaner looking,it will cost less too.(You better hope daddy has upgraded to a Z06 by then).Hope to see you at a street light one day and think I'm just a camaro,you will be embarrassed.YEE YEEEEE
I can see your stay on this forum will be short lived if the mods in this section notice that all you are doing is stirring up sh*t. Your first post as a member was an unprovoked flame towards me. As far as the new Camaro I doubt it will run anybetter than mid to high 12's (depending on the powerplant LS2 or LS3). Remember this car is heavy compared to a Vette . I don't know what your game is here but by the mentality you are showing in your posts it would'nt surprise me if you're still in high school. I don't give a rats *** about $10K in mods in your SS. A procharger or H/C setup in a LS2 Vette would make you look silly.

Any F-body owner that reads this thread will realize you are the sh*t disturber so I doubt your call to rally the troops is gonna win you any support. So put your die cast Camaro SS model back on the shelf and hope your momma does'nt suspend your driving privilege in her Accord...LMAO
Old 01-15-2007 | 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

same car but the ss looks faster.
Old 01-15-2007 | 09:41 PM
Teching In

Wink

I can see your stay on this forum will be short lived if the mods in this section notice that all you are doing is stirring up sh*t. Your first post as a member was an unprovoked flame towards me. As far as the new Camaro I doubt it will run anybetter than mid to high 12's (depending on the powerplant LS2 or LS3). Remember this car is heavy compared to a Vette . I don't know what your game is here but by the mentality you are showing in your posts it would'nt surprise me if you're still in high school. I don't give a rats *** about $10K in mods in your SS. A procharger or H/C setup in a LS2 Vette would make you look silly.

Any F-body owner that reads this thread will realize you are the sh*t disturber so I doubt your call to rally the troops is gonna win you any support. So put your die cast Camaro SS model back on the shelf and hope your momma does'nt suspend your driving privilege in her Accord...LMAO
Hmm,$70,000 vs $30,000, if I was living rent free at home with my parents at age 40,I would pick the vette too!lol.Anyway,the only one stirring sh## is you.It sounds too me like your'e the one who's hatin' on your friends ss.Why?Now I know this site is for different opinions from different people,but please,do us all a favor,can you know for a FACT what your'e saying before you print it?You got somebody on this post somewhere believing a Z28 will run evenly with the ss.I'ts close but the ss has the edge:faster off the block,faster in the q,faster in the top,forced air induction,fiberglass hood,low restriction exhaust,power steering cooler,performance suspension with larger front stabilizer bar,stiffer springs,unique shock valving and stiffer bushings(mediaGM).I wish you all the best Philly!08-09 SSC;ready or not here it comes baby!!
Attached Thumbnails 00' SS vs 00' Z28-camaro_covt_r34_2_500.jpg   00' SS vs 00' Z28-070105_camaro_hmed_11a_rp600x350.jpg  

Last edited by ssMOD; 01-15-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2007 | 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a sizable difference between an A4 and an M6
Thanks for confirming that. It seemed pretty obvious to me that assuming everything else is equal a M6 will kill an A4. In fact, when my friends with A4's ask to race I tell them to F'off. Not even worth my time 'cause I've got a manual and will kill 'em all.

Glad that this thread wasnt locked even though there is still no kill posted. https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/454088-no-more-what-would-happen-posts.html . Would have been a shame not getting some of this valuable information. I got three posts before a lock and still counting.

Who would win between a '99 M6 Z28 and a '02 A4 SS? I say the '99 because its a manual... right I think. Dont get me wrong, A4's arent bad, they are just slower. Does this hold true for mustang's? What if an M5 stang raced an A4 stang? M5 stang everytime.
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:40 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=ssMOD]Hmm,$70,000 vs $30,000, if I was living rent free at home with my parents at age 40,I would pick the vette too!lol.Anyway,the only one stirring sh## is you.It sounds too me like your'e the one who's hatin' on your friends ss.Why?Now I know this site is for different opinions from different people,but please,do us all a favor,can you know for a FACT what your'e saying before you print it?You got somebody on this post somewhere believing a Z28 will run evenly with the ss.I'ts close but the ss has the edge:faster off the block,faster in the q,faster in the top,forced air induction,fiberglass hood,low restriction exhaust,power steering cooler,performance suspension with larger front stabilizer bar,stiffer springs,unique shock valving and stiffer bushings(mediaGM).I wish you all the best Philly!08-09 SSC;ready or not here it comes baby!![/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this $70K figure from? A base Corvette starts at $45K. Do some homework (literally) before you start posting inaccurate information on this forum.

You give me the impression that you're thinking this new Camaro is going to be a low 12sec. car, Keep dreaming..

I don't have anything against the Camaro (i used to own one) but it's ppl like you that give the car a bad rep. I see your kind all the time : Some snott nose punk high schooler that most likely got it second hand w/100K on the motor from a fellow student that sold it to you after you saved up from mowing the neigborhood lawns on the weekends and working part time at McDonalds afterschool and all of the sudden he thinks he's the sh*t.

I've had enough of your ****-poor posts now hit the sack you got school in the morning...lol
I'm not losing any sleep over it. Since the new Camaro is going to have IRS and have a curb weight 3600lbs.

Last edited by Fastphilly; 01-16-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-16-2007 | 02:16 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
Thanks for confirming that. It seemed pretty obvious to me that assuming everything else is equal a M6 will kill an A4. In fact, when my friends with A4's ask to race I tell them to F'off. Not even worth my time 'cause I've got a manual and will kill 'em all.

Glad that this thread wasnt locked even though there is still no kill posted. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454088 . Would have been a shame not getting some of this valuable information. I got three posts before a lock and still counting.

Who would win between a '99 M6 Z28 and a '02 A4 SS? I say the '99 because its a manual... right I think. Dont get me wrong, A4's arent bad, they are just slower. Does this hold true for mustang's? What if an M5 stang raced an A4 stang? M5 stang everytime.
I beg to differ. In a qtr mile the A4 with a larger stall and shift kit (or just a built up 4l60e) will perform just as good if not better than m6.
Or a stock A4 vs M6 with not a great driver - the auto can win

For example. I raced a C6 in my Camaro (A4) w/ just lid + Borla and beat it twice. Why? The guy couldnt shift very well.
Old 01-16-2007 | 02:25 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Fastphilly]
Hmm,$70,000 vs $30,000, if I was living rent free at home with my parents at age 40,I would pick the vette too!lol.Anyway,the only one stirring sh## is you.It sounds too me like your'e the one who's hatin' on your friends ss.Why?Now I know this site is for different opinions from different people,but please,do us all a favor,can you know for a FACT what your'e saying before you print it?You got somebody on this post somewhere believing a Z28 will run evenly with the ss.I'ts close but the ss has the edge:faster off the block,faster in the q,faster in the top,forced air induction,fiberglass hood,low restriction exhaust,power steering cooler,performance suspension with larger front stabilizer bar,stiffer springs,unique shock valving and stiffer bushings(mediaGM).I wish you all the best Philly!08-09 SSC;ready or not here it comes baby!![/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this $70K figure from? A base Corvette starts at $45K. Do some homework (literally) before you start posting inaccurate information on this forum.

You give me the impression that you're thinking this new Camaro is going to be a low 12sec. car, Keep dreaming..

I don't have anything against the Camaro (i used to own one) but it's ppl like you that give the car a bad rep. I see your kind all the time : Some snott nose punk high schooler that most likely got it second hand w/100K on the motor from a fellow student that sold it to you after you saved up from mowing the neigborhood lawns on the weekends and working part time at McDonalds afterschool and all of the sudden he thinks he's the sh*t.

I've had enough of your ****-poor posts now hit the sack you got school in the morning...lol
I'm not losing any sleep over it. Since the new Camaro is going to have IRS and have a curb weight 3600lbs.
Whats wrong with a second hand Camaro w/ high miles? Nothin wrong with that. Just needs a tune up and probably an oil leak fixed.
Old 01-16-2007 | 06:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by noride
both are slow get a mach 1 and we will talk ls1 = slow

wellll im glad your on ls1tech.... where bouts you live? might call a road trip just to embarrass your ***