Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 zo6 vs 99 eclipse gsx

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill. People need to realize that there are different classes when it comes to cars and the Eclipse is not in the same class as the Z06. I know there are exceptions to this, but the majority of Eclipses are not going to be able to hang with a Z06.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've gotta love it when when people are in denial. You can just sit and smile because you know they have no idea and that they got beat by a stock car. Nice kill!!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

Good kill, the guy sounded like an ***. I don't understand why people are saying " OMG OWNED BY A STOCK CAR !! " uhh your comparing a $20,000 corvette to a 4 banger that probly cost the kid no more than $8000 for the car and mods.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

A GSX only has one really good thing going for it.

It holds a serious underdog status.

So if it can beat the Z06 he can seriously work it; if it can't than ehhh.

They are pretty neat what with the AWD and the turbo. To bad the gen afterwards was a complete chick car. Otherwise they are probably the coolest car in the "Tuner" type category.

A 19 year old in a GSX is pretty damn cool if he beats a Z06, a 36 year old in a GSX beating a Z06 has some problems that he needs to talk about with a shrink.

I mean he probably needs to talk about his relation with his mother that he still lives with.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
A GSX only has one really good thing going for it.

It holds a serious underdog status.

So if it can beat the Z06 he can seriously work it; if it can't than ehhh.

They are pretty neat what with the AWD and the turbo. To bad the gen afterwards was a complete chick car. Otherwise they are probably the coolest car in the "Tuner" type category.

A 19 year old in a GSX is pretty damn cool if he beats a Z06, a 36 year old in a GSX beating a Z06 has some problems that he needs to talk about with a shrink.

I mean he probably needs to talk about his relation with his mother that he still lives with.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

I bet that GSX owner has alot of overnight parts from Japan under that hood!! Nah, I just wanted to quote Fast & the Furious!! Good kill man!! That guy's G/F sounds like a douchette
Old 01-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317

a 36 year old in a GSX beating a Z06 has some problems that he needs to talk about with a shrink.

hahaha
Old 01-28-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was on a Scion forum and they just on saying JDM JDM JDM like it freakin' meant something.

Oh yeah alse the same part made in America is so much crappier than one made in Japan.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

put them both in their place, what morons...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black_98Z
put them both in their place, what morons...

There are some pretty bad ones. I mean when a ricer tells a ricer to quit being a ricer, than you know the guy is a serious ricer.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Alt
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redbeast
Good kill! This a guy who has no idea about other cars other than his own. If your going to mod your car to street race you better be informed about the competion out there because there is plenty. Z06= bad ***!
And this is why I have a subscription to Super Street and Import Tuner. But after you get a few issues of it you realize that the cars they feature have unlimited budgets and you would never see on the street. So I can't even get properly informed about the competition.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 4g63 is a great motor.

If you like to constantly work on it after you start modding. Google the term "crank walk" with 4g63.

I think its been fixed recently though.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
The 4g63 is a great motor.

If you like to constantly work on it after you start modding. Google the term "crank walk" with 4g63.

I think its been fixed recently though.
Oh geez.

Crankwalk is extremly overrated because people, like you unfortunatly, spout it off every time they here DSM or 4G63. What you will find with that Google search is a ton of people claiming crankwalk everytime they have a problem with a motor no matter what the true cause. You will also find that 99% of them NEVER checked the crank endplay to determine of it was crankwalk or not. Instead they just say "oh man my motor walked on me" and proceed to tell all there friends about.

It is also very hard to fix something like crankwalk when no one knows what causes it.

I will politely ask that if someone doesn't really know what they are talking about to refrain from posting it as "information".
Old 01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Oh geez.

Crankwalk is extremly overrated because people, like you unfortunatly, spout it off every time they here DSM or 4G63. What you will find with that Google search is a ton of people claiming crankwalk everytime they have a problem with a motor no matter what the true cause. You will also find that 99% of them NEVER checked the crank endplay to determine of it was crankwalk or not. Instead they just say "oh man my motor walked on me" and proceed to tell all there friends about.

It is also very hard to fix something like crankwalk when no one knows what causes it.

I will politely ask that if someone doesn't really know what they are talking about to refrain from posting it as "information".

It makes a damn good excuse though.

Just like "I missed a 2nd" or "I couldn't get any boost."

Now you want to see a crap problem the SHO and having to weld its camshaft...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

The 4g63 is the LS1 of 4 bangers
Old 01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

The GSX driver was thinking he had a larger weight advantage when he actually had very little. The GSX I just built for my Son puts down 350+ WHP on street tune @20 PSI and should do right at 500 WHP on C-16 @ 28 PSI. Not too shabby for 4K worth the mods on a 9K car. Those kinda numbers aren't regularly seen in the avg. Eclipse though. The average modded Eclipse puts down about what the irritated loser in this thread put down. Nice kill.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Publix
Good kill, the guy sounded like an ***. I don't understand why people are saying " OMG OWNED BY A STOCK CAR !! " uhh your comparing a $20,000 corvette to a 4 banger that probly cost the kid no more than $8000 for the car and mods.

if anyone has a z06 for $20,000 please let me know
Old 01-29-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Oh geez.

I just used that as the big example that everyone knows about.

I've had two friends with that motor. One a GSx and one a GS-T. Those two motors have been pulled apart I don't know how many times trying to work out gremlins and ****.

The more power you make the more unreliable the engine gets. It just starts early with the 4g63. Although they make crazy hp/tq numbers given the small size of the engine.

They however aren't near as bad as I've seen with the rotaries. Been what? Almost 30 years since they've came out and they still haven't found out a way for them not to drink oil. lol
Old 01-29-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sobaka79
if anyone has a z06 for $20,000 please let me know
Good God me too...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
I just used that as the big example that everyone knows about.

I've had two friends with that motor. One a GSx and one a GS-T. Those two motors have been pulled apart I don't know how many times trying to work out gremlins and ****.

The more power you make the more unreliable the engine gets. It just starts early with the 4g63. Although they make crazy hp/tq numbers given the small size of the engine.

They however aren't near as bad as I've seen with the rotaries. Been what? Almost 30 years since they've came out and they still haven't found out a way for them not to drink oil. lol
Ummm no.

The 4G63 itself is easily one of the strongest motors out there. I know MANY people making big power with them and they don't have problems with the motor itself. I would have to say that just those quick to play crankwalk your friend are quick to play the motor for poor maching work, parts, assembly and so on.

I am putting about 375 to the wheels and drove my Talon daily for a year and have taken it to California twice without so much as an oil leak.