Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just beat a BPU Supra - San Antonio, TX

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

werd up to that. beautiful color for a supra.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a few locals that went low 11s on stock twins......

Be very scared of a Big stalled Singel turbo supra....................
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slick1851
There was a few locals that went low 11s on stock twins......

Be very scared of a Big stalled Singel turbo supra....................
Its nothing a turbo LS1 won't destroy.

Compare apples with apples my friend, the Japs need boost just to keep up with N/A American cars.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAminal
Its nothing a turbo LS1 won't destroy.

Compare apples with apples my friend, the Japs need boost just to keep up with N/A American cars.
LOL..sure we need boost. We are working with 183 cubes and less cylinders. That sounds like a ricer excuse to me. Run what you brung.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

I love to race Supra's, cant wait to run into one and blow off back at em!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FEARSM
LOL..sure we need boost. We are working with 183 cubes and less cylinders. That sounds like a ricer excuse to me. Run what you brung.
And thats somehow an excuse?? That you have a smaller engine so you need boost just to keep up??

So its a "ricer excuse" for a Domestic to get boosted to blow off your shitty import, but you "need boost" for your import because its got a smaller engine.

Double standard?? I think yes.

He's how it goes riceboy:

A stock LS1 is faster than a stock Supra. So being N/A vs boost, the LS1 still wins. With mods, they can be just as fast as each other.

But when someone mentions a boosted LS1 and how it would **** all over your ricer, you get all offended and start with the "run what you brung" crap. In that case, both cars should be stock then.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

And thats somehow an excuse?? That you have a smaller engine so you need boost just to keep up??

So its a "ricer excuse" for a Domestic to get boosted to blow off your shitty import, but you "need boost" for your import because its got a smaller engine.

A stock LS1 is faster than a stock Supra. So being N/A vs boost, the LS1 still wins. With mods, they can be just as fast as each other.

But when someone mentions a boosted LS1 and how it would **** all over your ricer, you get all offended and start with the "run what you brung" crap. In that case, both cars should be stock then.
WTF is your problem?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
WTF is your problem?
I'm sick of hearing stupid ricers come on here and brag about how great they think their cars are. So I tell it like it is, if they don't like it it's their issue.

Sure, I might have gotten a little carried away, but the amount of import trolling ricers on here is getting out control.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
WTF is your problem?

His name is Transgender!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sick of hearing stupid ricers come on here and brag about how great they think their cars are. So I tell it like it is, if they don't like it it's their issue.

Sure, I might have gotten a little carried away, but the amount of import trolling ricers on here is getting out control.
Look I don't know you. But you need to understand this is an open forum and people are going to have their opinions as well. Your poor attitude coupled with your troll like reflexes isn't going to do nothing more but have a Moderator come in here and clean house. And considering you haven't even been on this site for very long doesn't hold much weight. It'd probably be in your best interest to not waste bandwidth and go about your business. I'm not going to post again in regards to your ignorance. Have a peachy day!

-Pipe
Old 02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Your going to need a lot more than a turbo'd LS1 to beat a 10 second supra, sorry.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Teching In

No..I get all pissy when people with slow cars can only talk about OTHERS cars being fast. Do you happen to own a turbo LS1 one at this exact moment? Didnt think so. Why dont you talk about the car you own right now instead of all this "what if"crap. That makes YOU sound like a ricer. By the way, a stock LS1 and a stock Supra are closely matched. They put down the about the same hp.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
I love to race Supra's, cant wait to run into one and blow off back at em!
There are several Supras in Texas. The annual meet is also coming up next month. I can set you up with alot of races if you like.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by E_V_O
Your going to need a lot more than a turbo'd LS1 to beat a 10 second supra, sorry.
Uhhmmm.. yea about that. im all for supras and real imports, as well as anything fast but i will have to disagree there. There are turbo LS1s running way better than 10s, and yes theyre street driven. so sorry you were mis informed my friend. we could go all day and say well there are 8 second supras etc...fact is anything that fast is incredible. but a turbo LS1 WILL break 10s fairly easy.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by E_V_O
Exactly what is it that your implying here? That is a totally irrelevant comment. That's like me saying it'll take a lot more than that ten second supra to beat, umm, let's say, a Vette Doctor enhanced LS1...

I happen to like Supra's, what I don't like is when people start talking nonsense about a particular "make". Any freaking car can be made fast with a turbo charger, like the Supra, for instance. Not too many, though, can be fast without one, like the LS1, for instance...
Old 02-03-2007, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My personal thought on supras are that most are top speed dyno queens. do i own one? no. Do i have a car that could beat one? most likely not. But my thoughts are the same. i know a supra set up strictly for the 1/4 mile, and its ******* insane. i know ANY car has the potential to put the power down. i actually like supras, the scream of their turbos just makes me cream my pants. i just hate seeing a car with 800+ hp on the dyno and all it does is spin the tires.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FEARSM
There are several Supras in Texas. The annual meet is also coming up next month. I can set you up with alot of races if you like.
Would love to, but I just recently found the limit of an LS2's bottom end!
Ordering the forged bottom end right now, probably not gunna be done with this little mistake for a couple months....