Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 vs. Civic hatch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007 | 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
can someone explain why you're not banned?
Old 03-16-2007 | 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I'll give you my opinion and ask that you keep in mind that it is just that...only MY opinion.

My opinion is that the term "Ricer" came from the original term "rice burner" which was used, (I would guess) before you were born. "Rice burner" was originally used to describe Japanese or other Asian manufactured cars...back when Nissan was Datsun. I will admit that the term "Ricer" has evolved quite a bit, but to MY thinking you cannot be a "ricer" if you drive an American made V8 car, but you CAN act "ricer-like". Make sense?

I argue that the fact remains that you see very few mature adults driving "rice burners" that have a fart can and huge wing/body kit. Most are very young kids wearing baggy pants pulled below their butt crack and a sideways Yankees hat and most times (but not always) tend to use words like "yo" and "homey" in a serious manner.

Guys in shirts with collars or t-shirts with their favorite bar, car, or camo pattern, pants with belts and hats with non-flat bills placed at least fairly properly on their head normally drive American V8 cars.
Well that right there ends the discussion of rice from here to eternity. You basically hit the nail on the head. I'm proud to say im one of those tshirt wearing non flat bill hat wearing v8 drivers
Old 03-16-2007 | 11:43 AM
Teching In

I agree!! Either that or another pathetic loser just happened to join this month with no posts, and the same exact attitude as the wagoneer! ...possible i guess....
Old 03-16-2007 | 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

what i don't under stand is why people tell other people how to use there cars and gas. ITS MY DAMN GAS ITS MY DAMN CAR I PAY FOR I WILL USE IT HOW I FEEL with out some one telling me what i am doing is dumb.
Old 03-16-2007 | 12:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skifast87
what i don't under stand is why people tell other people how to use there cars and gas. ITS MY DAMN GAS ITS MY DAMN CAR I PAY FOR I WILL USE IT HOW I FEEL with out some one telling me what i am doing is dumb.

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kdogc5
hey term....i think white liberty has tourned into z06iscool....wl was banned i think.... v8
wrong again stupid ****. Geez you're a genious!!!!
Old 03-16-2007 | 01:39 PM
Banned

Not banned and quit picking on Z06iscool.

Now...
Old 03-16-2007 | 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I'll give you my opinion and ask that you keep in mind that it is just that...only MY opinion.

My opinion is that the term "Ricer" came from the original term "rice burner" which was used, (I would guess) before you were born. "Rice burner" was originally used to describe Japanese or other Asian manufactured cars...back when Nissan was Datsun. I will admit that the term "Ricer" has evolved quite a bit, but to MY thinking you cannot be a "ricer" if you drive an American made V8 car, but you CAN act "ricer-like". Make sense?

I argue that the fact remains that you see very few mature adults driving "rice burners" that have a fart can and huge wing/body kit. Most are very young kids wearing baggy pants pulled below their butt crack and a sideways Yankees hat and most times (but not always) tend to use words like "yo" and "homey" in a serious manner.

Guys in shirts with collars or t-shirts with their favorite bar, car, or camo pattern, pants with belts and hats with non-flat bills placed at least fairly properly on their head normally drive American V8 cars.
According to a poll I viewed a week or two ago on this site about half of the people on here were under 25. I personaly see a more of a younger crowd, myself included around f-bodies now. I don't think it is fair to characterize all Asian cars the way you did. You are no beter or worse for being a few seconds faster in a quarter mile than they from the factory. The thing I quoted you about earlier you said it was fun to crush dreams of F and F Rice Drivers.....that really referred to datsun 30 years ago? I think you sohludn't disrepect anythoing without a V8 like you do. Foreign cars appeal to a large chunk of our population, they are doing well here, maybe better than the domestic ones here who are manufactured from foreign parts anymore...i think the new mustang was 60% parts foreign? fbods were mad ein canada or at least parts of them maybe? so just keep that in mind too and the little fashion lesson you gave me was funny....but i guess we all view things different and have our own opinions
Old 03-16-2007 | 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1=Poverty
I agree!! Either that or another pathetic loser just happened to join this month with no posts, and the same exact attitude as the wagoneer! ...possible i guess....
The guy who started this thread joined a month before I did and has 5 more posts so please don't badger me for my time on this username. I don't think I have the attitude, I try to approach evrything with an open mind and try to view it from every angle if possible...please don't call me a pathetic loser...have I called you a name?
Old 03-16-2007 | 02:13 PM
Banned

Z06iscool welcome to the site man. If you want to avoid trouble/name-calling you may not want to hang around this part of the forum. Most of the guys in here cough*irunelevens,Kdogc5Cough* are little bitches and will attack you in anyway they can. They are weak at life and use the computer to feel better about themselves.

See ya around.
Old 03-16-2007 | 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by White_Liberty
Z06iscool welcome to the site man. If you want to avoid trouble/name-calling you may not want to hang around this part of the forum. Most of the guys in here cough*irunelevens,Kdogc5Cough* are little bitches and will attack you in anyway they can. They are weak at life and use the computer to feel better about themselves.

See ya around.
I must say, i really try to avoid getting into these kinds of banters because when i do someone jumps down my throat and startrs calling me names, but i must say, isent this a case of the pot calling the kettle black here, i mean im strictly coming from an observers' point of view and it seems as soon as u came into this thread u started stirring things up. and i have read other threads that u were in but i neglected to comment because it seemed thier was enough of that already but it seems u enjoy picking these little battles. If u really are a married man and as mature as u say u are u should act like it. U complain about the name calling but u seem to have no problem droping bombs on everyone. I do understand though this site can be pretty harsh so dont get me wrong. Anyway, back to the topic, good kill, nice to see a vette stretching its legs!