Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from a roll he should be able to pull you. from a dig depending on if can drive or not is should be a good race. My friend with the same mods on a 245/45/17 nitto d/r went 12.8 at 109. On a Srt with a stock turbo all that is needed to adjust boost is a wastegate.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Launching!

I will say srt4 ftw, assuming both of you are equal drivers
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeSomething
Stage 3 = Upgraded Turbo (around 320hp I think)
i beleive its 300/300, and thats to the wheels

http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_3.htm
Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stage 3 is good for up to 360 whp. 300 whp is achievable with the stock turbo.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Launching!

The stock turbo has an internal wastegate. Meaning the wastegate is part of the turbo itself. What he likely has is a waste gate actuator upgrade. That means he is running a bit more boost. The WGA is the little bronze colored thing that bolted right to the turbo usually and has a vac line to the intake plumbing somwhere post-turbo. The stock WGA IIRC opens the WG at about 14PSI, and the upgraded ones open at 18PSI.

Now if he has an external gate, that almost certanly means he has a good sized upgraded turbo and that will often mean big power. The smallest turbo upgrade I would do on one of those is a basic .50 trim and thats high 300HP at least.

Its hard to say, but I predict a good race.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
It's going to be a very close race. Depending on boost and what fuel upgrades he has, he will be anywhere between 270-310 whp, most likely high 270s, low 280s. It will be a good run for sure.

Mind you I used to have an SRT so I know what they are capable of.
+1 i also had an srt4 with similar mods to the one your goin to race (im the one bay area SS is talkin about) minus the bigger intercool, which is good for a few more lbs of boost to red line. do you know wat kinda waste gate he has? if its a mopar stage 2 you should have it but something like an agp or kinetic might give you some trouble. also depends if he has a wideband and tune. if his waste gate is anything other then mopar stage 2 along with a wideband i give him the race, anything less goes to you....

unless you go from a dig, its you either way. the more power srt4s make the harder they are to launch
Old 03-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Launching!

^ Bingo. Race from a dig. I dont WTF they were thinking when they went with a FWD car for that motor. Its a waste.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparetire
^ Bingo. Race from a dig. I dont WTF they were thinking when they went with a FWD car for that motor. Its a waste.
I guess they needed a car in the lineup for roll racing
Old 03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Yea im not too bad from a dig, problem is im still on my damn all season tires ( this car is my daily driver). They are pretty good. I would kill for some drag radials though.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
It was to keep the price low so they could market them better to the younger crowd.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikesTorched05GT
+1 i also had an srt4 with similar mods to the one your goin to race (im the one bay area SS is talkin about) minus the bigger intercool, which is good for a few more lbs of boost to red line. do you know wat kinda waste gate he has? if its a mopar stage 2 you should have it but something like an agp or kinetic might give you some trouble. also depends if he has a wideband and tune. if his waste gate is anything other then mopar stage 2 along with a wideband i give him the race, anything less goes to you....

unless you go from a dig, its you either way. the more power srt4s make the harder they are to launch
Im ive actually heard from several srt-4 owners, and they say that a bigger intercooler actually hurts the car.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

you FTW!!! no doubt my friend has the same setup on his srt-4 we raced at a local track i went 12.78 @ 109 he went 13.46 @ 107 he had slicks also and he is a good driver. I have a similar setup to yours. A roll should be close but you still should come out ahead.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JerseyZ28
So my friend has a srt-4 with some mods. Down pipe, no cats, 3 inch straight exhaust, intake, bigger intercooler, shortthrow, and some wastegate. I have a ls1 z28 with borla cat back and lowered. What you think the outcome would be??
You from a dig, but he has a chance from a roll on stock boost. If he has a boost controller beware. A friend of mine has a 00 Z28 with just a hooker exhaust. He pulled up beside an srt4 at a stoplight, he was alone, the srt had several people in it. The srt jumped so he did right after, he couldnt catch him, all the way up to around 100 when they slowed down. He said it was an even pull, and the neon had 3 03 4 people in the car.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Also Dodge made big changes between the years. The later version came with bigger injectors and a LSD. They still have wheel hop issues but from the dig the LSD version has a better chance against you.

Any clue what year it is?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
It was to keep the price low so they could market them better to the younger crowd.
Thats what kills me though. They had the Razor concept right in front of them. RWD. 2800LBS. For under 20K. And they just tossed it. If they dont build the Demon concept I will be severely pissed.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Also Dodge made big changes between the years. The later version came with bigger injectors and a LSD. They still have wheel hop issues but from the dig the LSD version has a better chance against you.

Any clue what year it is?

its the 04s I think. my friend troy has way less than that, we went out to pomona last summer, he ran 12.9, like I said its the driver, his does have the lsd and bigger injectors, but I forget what year he has, and they aren't that hard to launch, with the purchase of 20$ motor mounts which is what my friend has, he revs high and has almost no wheel hop
Old 03-25-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phynix
its the 04s I think. my friend troy has way less than that, we went out to pomona last summer, he ran 12.9, like I said its the driver, his does have the lsd and bigger injectors, but I forget what year he has, and they aren't that hard to launch, with the purchase of 20$ motor mounts which is what my friend has, he revs high and has almost no wheel hop
It is the 04s that got the bigger injectors and LSD... that's the year I had

I'm with the SRT from a roll. He's pretty much pushing the stock turbo to the limits. Only thing you haven't listed for him is one of the staged computer upgrades and a tuning device. Tuning an SRT-4 is as easy as buying a $30 MAP clamp and a wideband, and getting the a/f right.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Man you guys are ignorant about these cars. My SRT4 I had would give my old SS a run for its money on motor, and it didnt have "that much" done to it. Biggest exspense was upgrading the turbo.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Man you guys are ignorant about these cars. My SRT4 I had would give my old SS a run for its money on motor, and it didnt have "that much" done to it. Biggest exspense was upgrading the turbo.
Putting a bigger turbo on those cars really changes everything. And if a bigger turbo isn't doing "that much" to an SRT-4, I don't know what is. You can probably count on 2 hands how many people on SRTforums have done anything as far as H/C.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
Putting a bigger turbo on those cars really changes everything. And if a bigger turbo isn't doing "that much" to an SRT-4, I don't know what is. You can probably count on 2 hands how many people on SRTforums have done anything as far as H/C.

Well yeah putting a biger turbo on is what makes them nasty but considering my SS had the entire motor pulled out and replaced, putting a bigger turbo on one isnt a big deal in the whole scheme of things. The bigger turbos on stock motors and high boost are making right at or over 500 whp and in 2900 pound car that makes it really move out pretty fast.