Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SLK 55 AMG beat me :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
So you mean to tell me you spout off with all your bullshit about corvettes and LS1's in general all while basing your experience off of a half-assed attempt with your car? Good job gaybo, you get the reFUCKINGtard award of the month. Go race some more numbers and magazines

Same guy that told me that my car would get straight WALKED by a bone stock viper.....
Old 03-23-2007, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98 Formula
Was this a normal SLK 55 AMG with around 360 HP or a Black Edition with 400 HP?

Hmm... I'm assuming the black edition is actually black; I didn't see anything else other than SLK 55 AMG on the back.. I've raced a Supercharged E55 and pulled ever so slightly.. I realize there is a weight difference from the E55 to SLK 55 but the SLK 55 is NA. So I kinda figured they would have somewhat the same run due to the weight difference/ yet more HP...

I didn't even get a HAZARD LIGHTS 'thank you, good race'. I just got a ***** laughing at me.. Maybe if I too had daddy's car
Old 03-23-2007, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigD 275
I don't see any LS1 f-body trapping 114mph with just headers and ORY. Seems alittle "optimistic" for me.

Those new SLK 55 are pretty quick though.
everyone is calling out my numbers... geeze

ill see about scanning an image or something.

but the tune also raised the rev limiter and removed the torque limiter as well, i believe that is standard with all tunes... not sure..

but take these SLK owners, their stock times are around 12.8 -- and mine is slightly better (not stock) and yes, these times are based on a track, but being fair and relatively speaking.. given the track times, and assuming the race is 'fair', one would think i would beat him or hang.. i really don't think he had any after market accessories, so im thinking that my car has lost power or something?!? thats my take.. but we'll see, in a couple of weeks ill head back out to the track and see where my numbers are these days
Old 03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

The Black Series is not available in North America - Europe and Asia only. And if you were able to pull on an E55Kompressor, then you should have had no problem with an SLK55, stock anyway. But who's to say he wasn't running a little juice - I know a guy with a 125 shot on an otherwise stock SLK55 than runs mid 11's at ~120 on DR's. There also a few different companies making S/C's, not to mention the usual NA mods. Not all of these cars are owned by daddies lil' boys - just as not all LS1's have drivers with such fragile egos.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BillWS6Formula
...just as not all LS1's have drivers with such fragile egos

touche`

Quick Reply: SLK 55 AMG beat me :(