Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. And yes. I heard about the TT kits out for the NSX. I think the ones that are coming out of Factor X in Vegas are capable of pushing it to 700 hp. I don't know if I want all that. I'm still enjoying the car in stock form and just passed 4500 miles.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you done any agressive back road driving?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Teching In

We are trying to drag out to the SCCA events..... Would that count?

Gus//
Old 03-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Banned

hey gus..we need to do this again..with the trans am guy..i really want to take that guy on after he said the things about my car with out racing me anyways...ill be gone in the field training from this saturday to next saturday..so easter wkend would be good..i have to fix my valve cover...i took it off the other day and now it leaks and shoots small amounts of oil..i think it may have cracked.

oh and what mods are done to the trans am?do you know off hand?so we can get info on the ls1 guys on here on how that car will perform
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheDestroyer
hey gus..we need to do this again..with the trans am guy..i really want to take that guy on after he said the things about my car with out racing me anyways...ill be gone in the field training from this saturday to next saturday..so easter wkend would be good..i have to fix my valve cover...i took it off the other day and now it leaks and shoots small amounts of oil..i think it may have cracked.

oh and what mods are done to the trans am?do you know off hand?so we can get info on the ls1 guys on here on how that car will perform

Its a 408 Stroker motor. He posts on this site as well.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Already been a vid of his cars performance vrs me a month or so ago...

The first race I didnt hear him beep and didnt even try.

the second race I was pulling him by a car and then missed third..

The third race We ran side by side from 50-110 mph were I redlined third gear and figured 110 was good enough.

The fourth run we were dead even from 50-110 and when i hit 110 mph (4th gear) I pulled him by 1-2 cars and shut down at aound 140 mph..

Ill look for the vids. But in the mean time do a search on Snake vrs bird THE TRUTH..You'll see were we are side by side and then I pull..

He's around 460 rwhp SAE and 455 rwt SAE and weighs around 3550 pounds with the heavier 408 engine.

*NOTE* he had a 180 pound passanger in his car when we raced..So really the races would have been dead even.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Sorry I forgot that those races were when I was 428 rwhp before my roller rockers. So I think you to will be a very CLOSE race..Actually all 3 of us would make one of the better videos out their.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

lets do a full freeway run..you,me and trans am..it would be nice..have a spotter up front and then gus on the side filming to see who comes flying by first..

i have to fix my valve cover...i believed it cracked and leaking and shooting oil..quick fix tho..other than that car feels good..

do some test runs and boost checks etc

ill be gone for a week in training so im thinking easter sunday nite..sounds good?

damn your on here to cedric?long time no talk,seems everyone is one here,lol.

i think we should do a couple races..see whos car performs best at which speeds...10mph,30mph,80mph etc....

oh hey cedric how did the trans am do with you?and how was your car running that nite?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=snake+bird

OK...The first vid I dint hear the beeps. The second vid Im not really sure what the hell is going on..lOOKS LIKE WERE SIDE BY SIDE AND THEN He eighter pulls meor I pull him ( Im pretty sure this is the one were I redline third at 110 and get out of it though...

The third vid is the best and you can see us pretty much side by side till i hit forth and then put on a car or two.

Good runs and I was pretty proud of my snake for only having 428 rwhp/473 rwt at the time. Then again only 3380 pounds acording to my registration will do that LOL
Old 03-28-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can I get involved?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Banned

i was about to ask you for the video..i couldnt find it in search.

well with us 3 it should be fun,to bad i didnt get meth tuned and higher boost then it would have been ugly,lol..just playing

anyways gus has my number so let me know a date.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Germeezy.. if you were in our state, I'd say hell yeah... but trust me.. you can't drive here to meet up. LOL..
Old 03-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Good kill. Good story. Are you guys the real life version of Test Drive from X Box 2? (which still pisses me off becuase there was no f-body)

Old 03-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned

lol..nah just a group of guys with a lot of different cars..supras,vipers,evo,trans am,camaros...and we just have fun and good times
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Teching In

lets do a full freeway run..you,me and trans am..it would be nice..have a spotter up front and then gus on the side filming to see who comes flying by first..

i have to fix my valve cover...i believed it cracked and leaking and shooting oil..quick fix tho..other than that car feels good..

do some test runs and boost checks etc

ill be gone for a week in training so im thinking easter sunday nite..sounds good?

damn your on here to cedric?long time no talk,seems everyone is one here,lol.

i think we should do a couple races..see whos car performs best at which speeds...10mph,30mph,80mph etc....

oh hey cedric how did the trans am do with you?and how was your car running that nite?
He was doing fine while I was spinning. After I caught traction it got ugly real quick. After my car is painted I will be out again. Shouldnt have any traction problems so we will see how things go.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FEARSM
He was doing fine while I was spinning. After I caught traction it got ugly real quick. After my car is painted I will be out again. Shouldnt have any traction problems so we will see how things go.
new paint again?or just a new coat and clear?

anyways,i told him that you were spining and he tryed sayin he had you by like 1 1/2 cars etc...i told gus about it while you guys were dynoing,not sure if he told you.

he said since he had you i would get killed by him...but we will just have to see.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Teching In

new paint again?or just a new coat and clear?

anyways,i told him that you were spining and he tryed sayin he had you by like 1 1/2 cars etc...i told gus about it while you guys were dynoing,not sure if he told you.

he said since he had you i would get killed by him...but we will just have to see.
New color, new hood, new front end. He had me for about 1/2 car while I was spinning. Gus was behind us and saw my car turning side to side. Once I let off and straightened up I put a few cars on em before letting off. Shouldnt be an issue next time. I think you will pull him but it will be close. He doesnt think your car is as fast as it is.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Banned

well im pretty sure gus told him my hp readings so he has to have some sort of clue,maybe he doesnt know...

well hey at least your giving me credit,lol..i sure hope i pull him and i hope i pull him hard..

hes probably like a lot of these guys ive seen on here who just hate "rice" as they put it..and think even a 7sec,8,or 9 sec japanese car is a POS..

so what color you going with?cant wait to see it

well his buddy with the silver GTO (plate ls2 something) anyways he was talking to my cobra buddy and my buddy told him that my car isnt what all his friends think and that on the freeway it will be pure ownage for his GTO cus he thought he could take me with his GTO...but he didnt know anything about it.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Teching In

well im pretty sure gus told him my hp readings so he has to have some sort of clue,maybe he doesnt know...

well hey at least your giving me credit,lol..i sure hope i pull him and i hope i pull him hard..

hes probably like a lot of these guys ive seen on here who just hate "rice" as they put it..and think even a 7sec,8,or 9 sec japanese car is a POS..

so what color you going with?cant wait to see it

well his buddy with the silver GTO (plate ls2 something) anyways he was talking to my cobra buddy and my buddy told him that my car isnt what all his friends think and that on the freeway it will be pure ownage for his GTO cus he thought he could take me with his GTO...but he didnt know anything about it.
LOL...let him find out the hard way..they always do sooner or later. I am going back to red, like my first 2 Supras.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Banned

ok nice..something simple.

i finally got my POS flat black painted,lol..not sure if you seen it.had some issues a couple times

frist time the clear was perfect but the layers of gold wasnt..so i resanding and we reshot it.then the paint was perfect but the clear i got the second time wasnt the best..so now i have to do a small sanding job and reshoot with the good dupont 7900 clearcoat.looks good tho..just minor clear coat touching up and be nice.

yeah i hope he learns the hard way.id really like to get him.and if i do its definatly getting posted on here,if not im sure he will post it if he wins..should be good tho..if i win then great,but i know i will keep up with him and thats good enough for me..have him at least know what the car is capable of.

Quick Reply: Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.