Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007 | 11:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Murdered by a car costing 10 times its price, why is that so exciting to you? I can put together a Fox body for $10-$12k that an NSX wouldn't be able to touch anywhere from a dig or roll. I just talked to a guy about a 550ish RWHP Ultima GTR for about $80k my boss is considering purchasing. Now thats a car truly worth $80k with performance uncomparable to even a C6 Z06. Lets compare apples to apples please, not bananas to passion fruit

And where I live because of my body mods and wheels, I have yet to go to a gas station where at least one person isn't coming over and asking about my car. My Vette does not want for attention and I live in an area where even a 911 won't get you a second look. My brother drives a GTC Bentley and even he is amazed by the attention I get in my car.
Why bring pice into this? That same foxbody would be less money than your Vette also? Just run what you brung, who cares about price.

Last edited by FEARSM; 03-29-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-28-2007 | 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

From: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

[QUOTE=TheDestroyer]
well hey at least your giving me credit,lol..i sure hope i pull him and i hope i pull him hard..

hes probably like a lot of these guys ive seen on here who just hate "rice" as they put it..and think even a 7sec,8,or 9 sec japanese car is a POS..

QUOTE]

I give a lot of "RICE" Respect if they deserve it. It isnt always about speed either. It is what comes out of a persons mouth NORMALLY. Ceds car and a few of the other Supras have my RESPECT. I have a buddy here that has an STI with some aftermarket Turbo set up and he has my RESPECT. But as far as you and I go RACING wise you will see. I heard what you has.. For anycar anything over 400 is no laughin matter. esp an AWD car from a dig it would be nasty cause I will just spin sideways and that is for safety right now so I dont snap my rear end. Also me getting out some of the times you all are it isnt that easy for me cause I have to be at work by 5am and am up at 330a. But we can go around and round about stuff. Just have one question for when we race tell me which side is brighter of my tail lights?
Old 03-29-2007 | 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FEARSM
Why bring pice into this? That same foxbody would be less money than your Vette also? Just run what you brung, who cares about price.

Exactly but it wouldn't give me a Vette, I bought what I wanted. I am not some poor kid in college, I can also afford an NSX. The only thing my car doesn't have that I want is two power adders. But I am working on that part of it. My point is I would expect a car costing $80k to be able to lay waste to a car you can buy for under $15k, just as I would expect my Vette to be faster than a stock Camaro with the $$ I have spent in mods. My point is lets compare apples to apples. You wouldn't brag about your Viper beating a stock F-body would you?
Old 03-29-2007 | 12:24 AM
Launching!

Yea I would......

The destroyers car is fast. He may only be around 420 awhp or so..But he's also only around 3200 pounds with his lil bit of weight reduction..

1fasttransam's car is around 460 rwhp SAE ( needs a lil more tuning and he'll be close to 500 rwhp soon enough)

With 460 rwhp and 3600 pounds from that hevier 408 engine..

My 440 rwhp and 3400 pounds

And The Destroyers 420 awhp and 3200 pounds...

Well anything can happen...It's not a given..

(BUT)....I do thank the fourth gear pull of the Viper starting at 110 mph and 482 rwt motivating the rear wheels will let me take this one...( Dr Evil Laugh) Mahahawawwahaaa
Old 03-29-2007 | 12:31 AM
Teching In

Exactly but it wouldn't give me a Vette, I bought what I wanted. I am not some poor kid in college, I can also afford an NSX. The only thing my car doesn't have that I want is two power adders. But I am working on that part of it. My point is I would expect a car costing $80k to be able to lay waste to a car you can buy for under $15k, just as I would expect my Vette to be faster than a stock Camaro with the $$ I have spent in mods. My point is lets compare apples to apples. You wouldn't brag about your Viper beating a stock F-body would you?
I dont have a viper. I wouldnt brag about beating a stock F-body just because I am modded. But the NSX racing was stock, big difference. A race is a race.
Just because one costs more doesnt mean anything. The NSX was not overpriced for the people that bought them, they got what they wanted.

Last edited by FEARSM; 03-29-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2007 | 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great so you do you think a Bugatti Veyron owner would post about beating an F-body? You are just not seeing my point, my point is its not even noteworthy to talk about a NSX beating a basically stock F-body. The NSX isn't and never was considered a pony car. So lets jump up and down and celebrate when an NSX can murder cars in its category. I wouldn't even post about beating a 350Z. Hell I murdered a stock Vette but why would I post about that?
Old 03-29-2007 | 12:58 AM
Teching In

Great so you do you think a Bugatti Veyron owner would post about beating an F-body? You are just not seeing my point, my point is its not even noteworthy to talk about a NSX beating a basically stock F-body. The NSX isn't and never was considered a pony car. So lets jump up and down and celebrate when an NSX can murder cars in its category. I wouldn't even post about beating a 350Z. Hell I murdered a stock Vette but why would I post about that?
Its noteworthy because people here said it couldnt be done. Thats why it was posted here in the first place, to prove a point. So I guess no one can race cars not in the same category.

Last edited by FEARSM; 03-29-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-29-2007 | 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And I was one of the people that said that a NSX would beat a stock F-body. But some of you guys jumped on me when I said that I killed a NSX and it definitely wasn't stock. And I would gladly race Lambo's and Ferrari's, thats not what I said.
Old 03-29-2007 | 01:16 AM
Teching In

And I was one of the people that said that a NSX would beat a stock F-body. But some of you guys jumped on me when I said that I killed a NSX and it definitely wasn't stock. And I would gladly race Lambo's and Ferrari's, thats not what I said.
LOL..well I wasnt one of the people that jumped on you. I knew how things would go down.
Old 03-29-2007 | 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone even went so far as to say I raced an earlier flip up headlight car, like I don't know the difference between NSX's.
Old 03-29-2007 | 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

germeezy1,lets see your vette!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2007 | 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-29-2007 | 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[ Just have one question for when we race tell me which side is brighter of my tail lights?[/QUOTE]

hahaha thats funny speedboat. BTW I'm the camaro in the video 99 Z28 A4 with 275 10-spokes all around and DR's on the back rear seat and carpet delete. this race was for kicks man no money no grudge we are just seeing which is faster. overall NSX won , We'll have to see what I do from a dig and BTW not slicks DR's

Its all good and was fun as ****, so **** anyone who wants to jump on this thread and ruin **** by talkin ****.

RSKY I'll drop the DR's for the digs but once again it was fun as hell

And Destroyer you got a badass car dont ruin it. Well have a rematch for you but lets not talk ****.
Like Ludacris said in 2F2F Lets settle this on the blacktop. Killemall well need you aagain for the story good job. im out
Old 03-29-2007 | 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Two more vids view from the red LT1

first vid i lost first race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrDddY_irxo

2nd vid i win last race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWO8Nyigemc

enjoy
Old 03-29-2007 | 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

oh ****,pretty ****** clean man,i like

p.s. can we get a video of that ls1 vs nsx from a dig
Old 03-29-2007 | 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

p.s. can we get a video of that ls1 vs nsx from a dig

comin soon my man comin soon.

BTW badass vette man
Old 03-29-2007 | 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Good, stay over there. We'd all be better off.
That was one of the stupidest F---ing things Ive ever heard. That ought to get you banned right there.
Old 03-29-2007 | 08:20 PM
Teching In

Like I said, It was all in fun. I didn't know you had DR's in the rear, if I had known, I wouldn't have gunned it when it started pouring.. that could have gotten ugly real quick. but I'm glad that we got a chance to race.

The weather is looking pretty clear lately.. or you want to wait till this weekend? It's already thursday, so we could meet up on Friday night or Saturday. Pm me when you are going to be able to come out.. I know you have crazy schedules for work.
Old 03-29-2007 | 08:59 PM
Launching!

we all got our selves a cruise saturday eveningish if u wanna ride along
Old 03-29-2007 | 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you, where in Hawaii are you guys?

Quick Reply: Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.