Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

races

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default races

didnt know where to post this exactly but its not a race at a track, but an open highway with no1 around, i just got my LS1 and am very happy with its speed, but today i was astonished by it, i went outta school to where everyone does there racing i was watching a civic get owned by a grandma car(91 cutless with a 3.3 in it) i just went along to laugh at the ricer, anyway one of his buddies came along as well he had a 600cc katana crotch rocket he took off all of a sudden i said what the hell, and after a while, after passing the 2 racing no problem i eventually ran him down and passed him!! we then kept racing and everytime it would even until we got to like 130 then i would pull away hard, i outran him 4 times ina row it was hilarious, cuz he just got it and thought it was hot ****, and i figured it was but it was a bike and i had a car so i didnt really care, but i was funny watching him come up beside you just shaking his head and then waving me off that he no longer wished to race, but when i got home i found out that the top speed on his bike was only 145 mph, so that aint nothin for a crotch rocket, but i think if any stock car can walk on a 600cc crotch rocket its worth telling, it may have been a combination of a bad driver and a slow bike but i beat him in a car and i think that just insane, i know i cant run with anything higher than that but owell, i also raced an H22 civic the other day and roasted him by 10-12 lengths, he thought he was gunna rape me, talking all hard, said he beat a mustang gt by 30 cars i was like eww im scared.....then walked him then he was like ill see you when i get some cams.....ewww im still shaking, anyway i just figured id share those races with my new car, and dont worry i always wait to make sure there is no traffic around b4 i race so no1 is in danger but the ones racing.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Launching!

There is not one period in that whole thing.
grammer please!

and wrong section
Old 03-27-2007, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

that bike has maybe 80hp.try racing an r6 or gsxr 600 and get smoked the katanas are some of the slowest sport bikes made
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it to the track before you kill someone.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

^This is a street racing section.....

To the op plus 1 on the Katana's, they are quite slow for a crotch rocket, but its good to see you like your new car.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Good kills. Glad you are at least doing the racing when nobody is around. It's always cool when you don't realize how fast you really are. you'll get used to it and start modding soon.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

IBTL
Old 03-28-2007, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

get used to people trying to bring you down when you talk about beating a bike. they can't just say good kill. they are always that one is slow try racing a busa... who give a **** if the bike only has 80 hp... its still a bike and doesn't weight much.

also why read in the street racing section if your only going to condemn people for it. that like writing into High Times and telling them not to smoke pot.

Great kills, let him him get his cams. a lid and a cat-back will put another beating on the civic. hell I'm sure you could win again stock.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by craz1469
also why read in the street racing section if your only going to condemn people for it. that like writing into High Times and telling them not to smoke pot.
I could swear that this thread started it's life in another section?? Anyway, it doesn't make that much difference to me what you guys do.

Take Care,

Daren
Old 03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Nice kills OP.

A break in the sentence here and there would be nice

Yeah, lots of people simply have no real frame of reference when it comes to racing. So when your stockish LS1 destroys them its just more than they can get their head around.

Nice polocy too on being safe. I almost never street race anymore, but bcak in the day the most fun was a road out in the boonies with absolutely nothing on it at night. A few freinds, some walkie talkies, and safe fun for all. Love not having any other cars about to mess it all up
Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Czech out what our amazing school system can do for one's English!

...glad I never attended.