Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 T/A vs. 99 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 T/A vs. 99 T/A

Me 98 and a buddy of mine 99 went to a back road to run for some money nothing big just a small 50$. We're both equally modded just a cat back and lids, well we ran a best out of five and I lost only because of traction. Off the jump my tire(rear is only spinning one wheel ) would spin soft but too much for just easing it off the line, on the other hand he would just get up and go both of us are on street tires. From the dig we're neck and neck as soon as I see that he gets a fender on me I smash it hard and every ****** time my car would spin hard! By the time it's out of it's spin he's gone I know my car runs wwwwaaayyy harder than his and is faster because when I come out the spin I'll start pulling him back. Anyway he called the bet off due to my car spinning so much.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, sounds like a good friend.

Did you say you were only spinning one tire? If thats the case you messed up your posi or whatever you call it. I'm not very knowledgeable on rear ends, but I know you should be spinning both tires or none.

Also, get suspension mods! They are one of the biggest helps on the street because 90% of streetracers with 14 second cars or quicker always spin out from the dig. If you can nail your launches on the street like you do on the strip you'll kill most RWD cars out of the hole.

Quick Reply: 98 T/A vs. 99 T/A