Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fast and Furious Moment (kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast and Furious Moment (kind of long)

Well on my way home last night I hopped on the freeway and had to punch it to merge into traffic and I got up to 90mph. So I let off and as I look in my rearview for cops I notice two bright yellow foglights coming up fast on me and flashing his high beams, so I already know what's going to happen. 4 guys in a civic hatch pull up next to me on the left and start honking at me trying to get me to race and I just don't waste my time with Hondas so I just ignore him and about 10 seconds later a nice looking G35 comes flying up on the civic's left side trying to get a race started, but the civic still wants to race me. So just to tease them I punch it and got it up to 120mph and let off and both cars started chasing me. As I'm slowing back down I see a red NSX that I'm coming up on and now I want to race this guy, so now I'm trying to get the NSX to race. So we're going about 80 and he bites and punches it so I give chase and stop his pull and I just start pulling him in and pass him, by the time we hit 140 I had him by at least 4 car lenghts, although I think he may have let off about a second before I looked back. All this was going on while the G35 and civic were racing behind us. I thought NSX's were supposed to be fast? Anyway my exit was coming up so I roll down my window and gave him a thumbs up as he went by and as I'm getting off I see another 2 civics joining in with the other 3 cars so I know the fun went on without me.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

nsx's arent fast. they are way over-priced and not even that fast.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah for the most part an NSX is a drivers race with a stock LT1. But a 97 NSX-T will give a stock LS1 a run for it's money. But I doubt you'll see those around very often.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

see vid posted in section 05 NSX vs 99Z28 close race nsx wins 3-1 M6 nsx vs A4 camaro fun races tho
Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

I love the way NSX's look. But they are kind of like a hot Trans sexual. It may appear appealing but once you get under the hood it's really nothing you want.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Underpowered? Sure... Slow? No way... They're fast, of course, definitely not in a straight line!

Ever seen what stock ones and mildly modded ones run on different circuits? They beat MANY cars with more power...

If you're buying one to go in a straight line, then they're very overpriced.

If you're buying one to autocross, SCCA, etc, then they're a BIT overpriced.

I do agree they are a bit overpriced either way.

If you're expecting to run a fast one on the street, good luck... Their owners, when they mod AT ALL, tend to leave the engine alone...

Though, there are a FEW that are modded to drag race around running very limited stroker/turbo/nitrous kits, but good luck running into one.

They're very fast on a tight road course... But still overpriced.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I love the way NSX's look. But they are kind of like a hot Trans sexual. It may appear appealing but once you get under the hood it's really nothing you want.

See my sig.

+1 though. If i wanted a N/A DOHC V6 id buy a ****** camry. Wait... thats exactly what i have in my POS 89 camry.